Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 04:57 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Can you name the future evil slaughterers so we can keep the rifles out of their hands? If you know who they are let us know.
Can you recall a case of a school shooter, where people who knew him said wow, I never imagined he would do that?

I can't. People know they're capable of that before they pull the trigger.

So, that's why my idea would work that to purchase a gun for the first time, you have to have two adults (not your mom) vouch for you, and if you commit a felony with that gun in the first year, those references would owe a 10K fine. You wouldn't have anyone vouching for this guy, so he wouldn't be able to go online and buy TWO AR15s.

And I would ban AR15s and other guns in that class from citizens. Just as citizens can't buy ricen or explosives.

And before you say well if they can't get them legally, they'll just get them illegally. Really? Where? Where would this cretin have come across TWO AR15s and all that ammo, without LE catching a whiff of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2022, 04:59 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
As opposed to Conservatives who definitely don't use them to further the gun agenda by suggesting we arm teachers?

This turning a blind eye to your own side is maddening.
Arming teachers would be an effective way of addressing the problem. You do realize that 20 (IIRC) states allow teachers to carry, don’t you? And that none of the schools where teachers are armed have had a school shooter incident or any incident involving an armed teacher?

Banning guns won’t do a thing to stop someone from shooting up a school, but it will make it more difficult for the law abiding to own an effective firearm.

Old 05-27-2022, 05:00 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Because it is a political debate and both sides do it. Some suggest less doors. Others suggest we not allow 18 year olds to be able to buy AR-15s legally.

Old 05-27-2022, 05:00 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Arming teachers would be an effective way of addressing the problem. You do realize that 20 (IIRC) states allow teachers to carry, don’t you? And that none of the schools where teachers are armed have had a school shooter incident or any incident involving an armed teacher?

Banning guns won’t do a thing to stop someone from shooting up a school, but it will make it more difficult for the law abiding to own an effective firearm.
OR, we could do like the Israelis do.

Metal detectors at the one entrance to the school. That would fix this.

Also, not allowing private citizens to own AR15s would go far.

Old 05-27-2022, 05:02 PM

10,068 posts, read 7,239,454 times
I mean, if things are fine, no one has any complaints and it's not political.

Old 05-27-2022, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
This! We need to bring back mental institutions. Some people are not fit to live in a civilized society, but do not belong in prison.
Explain how that could have helped in this case. What had the 18 year old done to be placed in a mental institution prior to the school shooting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Since this killer got in through an open door, tell me how a metal detector would have stopped him? Pretty sure he would have just shot the operator anyway.

Old 05-27-2022, 05:05 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

The Israelis also have armed guards at the entrances and on school grounds.

Per the bolded, banning AR15s won’t do squat. Klebold and Harris didn’t need an AR15 to make Columbine one of the most remembered school shootings in history. We’re AR15s banned, I’d bet dollars to donuts that within 3 years we would see you and the rest of the anti gun crowd calling for the ban of another type of firearm after it’s used in a school shooting.

Old 05-27-2022, 05:05 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Because of the rich Democrats that support the Democrats and the liberal media. The liberal media is an insult to intelligent people.

Old 05-27-2022, 05:20 PM

Can a conservative tell me when we can start debating hw to stop mass shootings? Or is it only those of us who want 18 year olds not to be able to legally buy an AR-15 type gun? Because pretty much as soon as the news broke, people on the right started blaming mental illness, illegal immigration, transgenders, doors and everything else under the sun? Is that not making it political, too? Also, since the last mass shooting before this one was still less than two weeks ago, I just need to know the time limit for when we can discuss how to stop these events from happening. Really, it sounds like you are just trying to control the debate by stopping it altogether

Old 05-27-2022, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Can a conservative tell me when we can start debating hw to stop mass shootings? Or is it only those of us who want 18 year olds not to be able to legally buy an AR-15 type gun? Because pretty much as soon as the news broke, people on the right started blaming mental illness, illegal immigration, transgenders, doors and everything else under the sun? Is that not making it political, too? Also, since the last mass shooting before this one was still less than two weeks ago, I just need to know the time limit for when we can discuss how to stop these events from happening. Really, it sounds like you are just trying to control the debate by stopping it altogether
I agree with that.

We have a problem, right now, that there are a bunch of angry young men who are murderous, and they have easy access to very powerful weapons.

Our "bag of tools" has to include keeping guns out of these men's hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies