Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2022, 05:51 AM

29,532 posts, read 22,783,643 times

Advertisements

100% guaranteed he will politicize this event.

Also, would not be surprised if he mentions his son Beau again. I get that losing your son like that is horrible, but I think it is inappropriate the way Joe keeps dropping Beau's name at every event involving a tragic incident. A good example was when he met with the families of those servicemen killed during the Afghanistan withdrawal last year. Completely different scenarios of losing a child, and it is disrespectful in my eyes to make that equivalency.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/29/polit...sit/index.html

Quote:
President Joe Biden on Sunday will undertake the grimly familiar task of comforting families after another mass shooting, this time at an elementary school in Texas, as a weary nation grapples with an endless spate of gun violence.

Biden and first lady Jill Biden plan to visit Uvalde, Texas, where a gunman killed 19 students and two teachers last week. The White House said they would meet community and religious leaders along with family members of the young victims.

Old 05-29-2022, 06:00 AM

7,073 posts, read 2,758,690 times
This is a LOCAL event. Bided does not belong.

Old 05-29-2022, 06:01 AM

9,915 posts, read 9,632,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Also, would not be surprised if he mentions his son Beau again. I get that losing your son like that is horrible, but I think it is inappropriate the way Joe keeps dropping Beau's name at every event involving a tragic incident. A good example was when he met with the families of those servicemen killed during the Afghanistan withdrawal last year. Completely different scenarios of losing a child, and it is disrespectful in my eyes to make that equivalency.

I absolutely hate when he drops his stupid dead son in EVERY memorial.

Old 05-29-2022, 06:12 AM

57,409 posts, read 26,370,766 times
Quote:

If you mean politicizing by promoting gun restrictions I sure hope so. Republicans like Cruz and Abbott have already jumped on the more guns and more secure schools meme. ( I think we have seen this before)

Two 18 year old kids just killed 29 people in the last few weeks but I guess the message should just be hope and prayers and wait for the next mass shooting.

Old 05-29-2022, 06:19 AM

45,294 posts, read 26,553,744 times
If there was a way to make the whole situation worse, team Biden will surely do it. Idiot should be confined to his room.

Old 05-29-2022, 06:23 AM

27,224 posts, read 15,401,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
If there was a way to make the whole situation worse, team Biden will surely do it. Idiot should be confined to his room.

Oh you know they will.

Old 05-29-2022, 06:32 AM

4,930 posts, read 3,358,146 times
Quote:

Of course he (and the media) will politicize it... but that he's going in the first place doesn't 'politicize' it, IMO.

As much as I think he's an embarrassment to the country as POTUS, and as much as I agree that he uses the 'Beau thing' inappropriately, the simple fact of the matter is that he HAS lost children... and that alone may mean something to the parents.

Old 05-29-2022, 06:56 AM

15,662 posts, read 10,439,676 times
the last thing i would want is a visit from biden or any other politician. anyone using my loved one's death as a political football less than a week after being murdered would make me physically ill.

Old 05-29-2022, 07:00 AM

5,780 posts, read 4,746,558 times
Can't wait to hear Biden's speech where he blames white supremicists for the shooting.

Old 05-29-2022, 07:00 AM

2,041 posts, read 887,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If you mean politicizing by promoting gun restrictions I sure hope so. Republicans like Cruz and Abbott have already jumped on the more guns and more secure schools meme. ( I think we have seen this before)

Two 18 year old kids just killed 29 people in the last few weeks but I guess the message should just be hope and prayers and wait for the next mass shooting.
I guess the message should be to pass more worthless gun legislation to pacify the brain dead. We as a society need to do some serious soul searching to find out why the young we are raising would want to murder innocent children...that's the first thought that pops up on my radar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies