Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 11:23 AM

5,070 posts, read 2,178,929 times

Advertisements

I am anxious to see the final numbers after this weekend! The violence has already started as it always does memorial weekend in Chiraq and the temps rise. But as usual democrats do not care

Last edited by Robert9; 05-28-2022 at 12:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2022, 12:29 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Occasionally, it's obvious in looking at and observing a given person that the given person is mentally ill. It is incredibly obvious in this case. That woman is bat-**** crazy.

Old 05-28-2022, 12:33 PM

885 posts, read 624,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
It's Chicago. All you need is a D in front of your name. Of course, she ticks all the right checkmark boxes, so they might as well make her king (yes king) of Chicago.

While I agree with the gentlemen who made this video, I'm not a big fan of these types of videos where they let the person talk for a minute, then pause the video and add their own narratives and spin. I don't like when either side tries to chew it up, digest it and then spit it back out at me. Footface is repulsive enough on her own.
Lori Lightfoot might identify personally as a member of the Democratic party, but the municipal office holders in Chicago (mayor, clerk, treasurer, alderperson) are elected on a non-partisan ballot.

Old 05-28-2022, 02:23 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Pull up the congressional and alderman maps of Chicago and you'll readily see it's still ethnically based.

You try to write Royko stuff today and you'd likely be fired. The media is just aligned along camps....

However, he might pick up an on-line following and be outside of the lines with his own show and there are those out there like Joe Rogan, whom will tread on toes on both sides of the aisle....or Howard Stern.
I get the feeling it's stil that way. Chicago is quite segregated. Less so now than in the days of Richard J. Daley. However, things being ethnically based hasn't gone away.

Back in the days of Royko, things were printed, not digital. And the news cycle was slower. Royko was pre-internet.

Old 05-28-2022, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Never mind mayor, I wouldn't even want her as a neighbor.
She has money, so not much can be done to prevent her from living anywhere she wants.

Old 05-28-2022, 02:31 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
She's not elected. She's selected and the elections in Chicago have been corrupted for a long time. It's what happens when cities become so big, it's easy to steal elections.

And I'm not saying anything about if the elections were fair then it would be a Republican. I am saying is that they rigged the elections to make sure a puppet for the federal government (CIA, FBI and all those wankers) are in office. It don't matter if it's democrat or republican.

Old 05-28-2022, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
She's not elected. She's selected and the elections in Chicago have been corrupted for a long time. It's what happens when cities become so big, it's easy to steal elections.

And I'm not saying anything about if the elections were fair then it would be a Republican. I am saying is that they rigged the elections to make sure a puppet for the federal government (CIA, FBI and all those wankers) are in office. It don't matter if it's democrat or republican.
Corruption is certainly nothing new to big cities. Philadelphia, New York, they have histories of Corruption as well.

But even smaller cities have alot of corruption. New Orleans is a corrupt city and has been this way for quite some time.

Old 05-28-2022, 07:30 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
I am anxious to see the final numbers after this weekend! The violence has already started as it always does memorial weekend ... But as usual democrats do not care
Verify that. Do you have any idea what is being done?
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Verify that. Your post is nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearwest View Post
Lori Lightfoot might identify personally as a member of the Democratic party, but the municipal office holders in Chicago (mayor, clerk, treasurer, alderperson) are elected on a non-partisan ballot.
I have mentioned that often but they ignore it because it does not fit their presumptions. You did not mention why the races are non-partisan but I know why they are that way. It is to help white folks to get elected without white votes being wasted on a Republican candidate.

Old 05-28-2022, 07:50 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Liberals deserve all the misery their masters can deliver to them.

If you are dumb enough to vote for people who make you poorer and eliminate more of your rights, you really deserve to be miserable.

Old 05-28-2022, 08:08 PM

5,070 posts, read 2,178,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Liberals deserve all the misery their masters can deliver to them.

If you are dumb enough to vote for people who make you poorer and eliminate more of your rights, you really deserve to be miserable.
Amen to that. I do not pity democrat places one bit. They get the hell they vote for

Last edited by Robert9; 05-28-2022 at 09:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies