Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 02:48 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times

Advertisements

Fine by me. I don't use Twitter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2022, 02:48 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,900,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Yep…although her constant angst and sour look on her face is priceless.

It's her resting "I'll never get to be President" face.

Old 05-27-2022, 02:50 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
It's her resting "I'll never get to be President" face.
Bingo

Old 05-27-2022, 03:43 PM

12,981 posts, read 9,501,161 times
We all know it's a "vast right wing conspiracy".

Old 05-27-2022, 06:05 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
matt taibbi makes a convincing case for it.
Last week, in the trial of former Clinton campaign lawyer Michael Sussmann, prosecutor Andrew DeFilippis asked ex-campaign manager Robby Mook about the decision to share with a reporter a bogus story about Donald Trump and Russia’s Alfa Bank. Mook answered by giving up his onetime boss. “I discussed it with Hillary,” he said, describing his pitch to the candidate: “Hey, you know, we have this, and we want to share it with a reporter… She agreed to that.”

In a country with a functioning media system, this would have been a huge story. Obviously this isn’t Watergate, Hillary Clinton was never president, and Sussmann’s trial doesn’t equate to prosecutions of people like Chuck Colson or Gordon Liddy. But as we’ve slowly been learning for years, a massive fraud was perpetrated on the public with Russiagate, and Mook’s testimony added a substantial piece of the picture, implicating one of the country’s most prominent politicians in one of the more ambitious disinformation campaigns we’ve seen.
https://taibbi.substack.com/p/should...nton-be-banned
Just because she is a democrat criminal?

If they banned all the democrat criminals from Twitter, their enrollment would be cut in half.

Old 06-16-2022, 09:08 AM

7 posts, read 9,771 times
Elon Musk should be approached with this question, he probably knows what to do with it.
https://www.lancelotdigital.com/otra...-por-elon-musk

Old 06-16-2022, 09:13 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,818,992 times
I'll go against the grain here and say "No". I also believe they should have never banned Trump either. We have to be very careful of banning people's right to speech, especially public figures like Trump and Hillary. This is part of the reason that Elon is taking over Twitter.

But if they ban one person for "misinformation", then they should ban anyone who does it.

Old 06-16-2022, 03:46 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Tit for tat for long-past Tweets?

As I recall, Twitter changed their rules after there was a raft of misinformation that had been posted for years.
Trump posted some, as did Hillary, and the Russians, and several million other members, some domestic, some abroad.

Twitter gave Trump a probationary block, but he got a second chance and blew it. If Hillary avoided that mistake, so what? So did others by the millions.

It was all fair warning. Most heeded it. Fewer didn't and got blocked permanently.

Since they're both out of the picture now, where's the need? It's beating a dead horse to me.

Clinton is all done as a contender, and so is Trump. He won't go back on Twitter now that he has his own platform- to do so takes money out of his pocket, and he'll never be blocked on Truth Central.

Last edited by banjomike; 06-16-2022 at 04:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies