U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2022, 07:27 AM

3,640 posts, read 1,214,357 times

Advertisements

Well, for somebody who thought the United States was pure evil and racist, I bet she now misses all the freedoms that she took for granted while living in the US, while sitting in a Russian prison and with a prison population that isn’t too thrilled about Americans, especially an American of Color.

Honestly, I do hope that the Russians are keeping her in their version of protective custody since American weapons are killing huge numbers of Russians invaders in the Ukraine. I wouldn’t put it past a female Russian prisoner taking out some revenge and I’m sure that the guards wouldn’t be in a hurry to stop it either.

Sadly, even when they do a prisoner swap, she will still not stand for the National Anthem or say anything nice about our country. I hope I am wrong, but people who buy into that liberal BS never change.

If that’s the case, I hope that she moves to Saudi Arabia or Iran for another reality check.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2022, 07:29 AM

1,906 posts, read 878,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
The whole "Free Brittney" thing has been oddly muted. Haven't seen news reports of any street demonstrations/marches or any high profile athletes or politicians publicly taking up the cause.

Maybe Biden can get something done. But since Russia is heavily involved in Ukraine, and they don't even show concern with removing their own soldiers' bodies from the battlefield, I'm not sure if Brittney is high on their list of concerns.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/wnba-pl...174818739.html
Last time i checked, this woman 'Hated the USA'... complained about Injustice against Black ppl, against Women, Against Lesbians, etc.

I think she'll be happier in Russia~

Never-the-less, we got more pressing issues than worrying about a Whining Lesbian Basketball player who hates the USA~!

Old 05-29-2022, 07:35 AM

21,045 posts, read 6,580,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
My suspicion is that there are ongoing talks, or possibly off and on. Prisoner swap discussions tend to be behind the scenes until the deal is done, like Trevor Reed. Brittney Griner isn't the only one still over there. Paul Whelan has been in custody since 2018.
There was a story out in March involving a prisoner swap.

Brittney Griner Involved In Possible Prisoner Swap With Russia

Old 05-29-2022, 07:40 AM

8,303 posts, read 5,410,002 times
I want to care I wished I cared but I simply do not. BLM and the woke politics made me just not care 1 bit about basketball and basketball players. Next time don't break the law in Russia. break russian laws pay russian prices.

Old 05-29-2022, 07:43 AM

21,045 posts, read 6,580,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Last time i checked, this woman 'Hated the USA'... complained about Injustice against Black ppl, against Women, Against Lesbians, etc.

I think she'll be happier in Russia~

Never-the-less, we got more pressing issues than worrying about a Whining Lesbian Basketball player who hates the USA~!

Last time I checked one has the freedom of speech to say what they want. That is not hating America that his hating perceived injustice. Regardless we do not have a loyalty oath. I may not agree with everything she says but I will defend her right to say it.

We are a big country with a way too big federal government. They can multitask. The US government says she is wrongly detained. All Americans should support American citizens being wrongfully detained abroad regardless of the persons politics.

Old 05-29-2022, 07:47 AM

24,729 posts, read 14,817,157 times
We’ll see if she stands for the National Anthem if she ever gets back here.

Old 05-29-2022, 07:50 AM

2,685 posts, read 804,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloStacked View Post
Guarantee people in here would be crying tears if it were Tom Brady. Talking about she smuggled drugs. It was a damn vape pen.
Yea bc Tom Brady is a top celebrity
She's a star in a league nobody cares about

Old 05-29-2022, 07:55 AM

340 posts, read 104,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Before this incident, most people never heard of her. Most people know who Tom Brady is. That’s the difference. Do you ever hear about the hundreds if not thousands of people that are arrested abroad every year? No one knows who they are so people could care less. If she broke the law, she’ll have to deal with it like any other person facing charges.

The difference here is, Tom Brady would have a better chance coming back home versus Lebron James, because this country is racists, but what's new.

Old 05-29-2022, 07:59 AM

2,299 posts, read 1,860,483 times
Oh, she'll eventually make it back to the US. Then she can write a book about her experiences in Russia. I think it should be titled "WNBA= Whoa, Now Brittney's Arrested?"

Old 05-29-2022, 08:57 AM

3,848 posts, read 1,658,018 times
I’m very surprised the left isn’t outraged by Griner being held.

I can never predict what will upset the left and what they will just ignore. They make no sense at all.

Apparently, they don’t care at all about Griner. If they really wanted her/him released, they could’ve put a lot of pressure on Biden’s administration by now.

They could’ve cut a deal easily with the Russians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies