U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-29-2022, 09:00 AM
 
Location: South Side
5,924 posts, read 10,500,235 times
Reputation: 2945

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The left claims America is evil, racist, and has endless white supremacists.

Why would Griner want to come back?
Maybe to fight against those problems? You're parroting tropes I heard in the sixties.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-29-2022, 09:03 AM
 
1,096 posts, read 455,706 times
Reputation: 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Keep her there, as I’m sure she appreciates not having to listen to the Anthem, lol.
Very unkind.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2022, 09:14 AM
 
1,096 posts, read 455,706 times
Reputation: 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
I would expect she's enjoying her time not having to have her tender ears besmirched be the Star Spangled Banner. Must be heaven for her.
It is always so interesting to read remarks like these. On one hand we hear over and ver again from the Covidiots that America is a free country, people have rights, and they shouldn’t be forced totals any damn vaccine. But when someone decides that they are going to exercise their rights to peacefully express a political opinion that is different than their own, this same people enjoy seeing them get their “comeuppance”. Makes me better understand people who get satisfaction from seeing anti maskers and anti vaxers die from covid. Guess those folks must be in heaven.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2022, 09:37 AM
 
Location: Free From The Oppressive State
28,814 posts, read 21,465,788 times
Reputation: 35378
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingandwondering View Post
I think the reason it's not talked about is deliberate, to protect her and to protect the U.S. from nuclear attack.

I was listening to something on Alexa today and they talked about the Gulag - some guy was recounting his time in Russian prisons and it was not pretty.

I feel so bad for her.

The allegation is that she had hemp oil on her bag? I mean, come on . . . that is ridiculous that they would imprison her for that.

I pray she comes home, safely, in good shape.
Ridiculous in this country, but when you go to other countries, respect their rules and laws, and their customs while you're at it.

I lived in a foreign country for 3 years. It was extremely easy to pick out the Americans, as so many acted like they were still in the U.S. I remember one night, I was walking somewhere, and this German girl was in tears asking the Americans she was apparently arguing with "Why can't you just appreciate our customs?" The Americans mocked her. It was fricken embarrassing that those idiots were representing my country.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2022, 09:45 AM
 
2,685 posts, read 803,743 times
Reputation: 3027
Quote:
Originally Posted by number 4 mvp View Post
The difference here is, Tom Brady would have a better chance coming back home versus Lebron James, because this country is racists, but what's new.
nah they'd have an equal chance.
Just in their own selfish interests the US wants Lebron here making hundreds of millions of dollars that he pays taxes on.

Even if you were right about the racism, all of that crap goes out the window when real money is involved.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2022, 09:48 AM
 
2,685 posts, read 803,743 times
Reputation: 3027
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
It is always so interesting to read remarks like these. On one hand we hear over and ver again from the Covidiots that America is a free country, people have rights, and they shouldn’t be forced totals any damn vaccine. But when someone decides that they are going to exercise their rights to peacefully express a political opinion that is different than their own, this same people enjoy seeing them get their “comeuppance”. Makes me better understand people who get satisfaction from seeing anti maskers and anti vaxers die from covid. Guess those folks must be in heaven.
You can't see a difference b/w disagreeing with what someone says or does and not wanting a vaccine forced into your body against your will? For the record I'm vaxxed but it's not close to the same thing.
I'm pretty sure people who don't want the vaccine are perfectly fine with you calling them idiots as long as you don't force it on them. That's the proper analogy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2022, 09:54 AM
 
Location: Downtown Cranberry Twp.
33,799 posts, read 13,188,297 times
Reputation: 6920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The left claims America is evil, racist, and has endless white supremacists.

Why would Griner want to come back?
Bingo…Russia should be a breath of fresh air for her.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2022, 10:03 AM
 
Location: So Cal
9,301 posts, read 8,475,253 times
Reputation: 9464
Quote:
Originally Posted by number 4 mvp View Post
The difference here is, Tom Brady would have a better chance coming back home versus Lebron James, because this country is racists, but what's new.
Not true.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2022, 10:34 AM
 
28,365 posts, read 16,584,113 times
Reputation: 18931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
The whole "Free Brittney" thing has been oddly muted. Haven't seen news reports of any street demonstrations/marches or any high profile athletes or politicians publicly taking up the cause.

Maybe Biden can get something done. But since Russia is heavily involved in Ukraine, and they don't even show concern with removing their own soldiers' bodies from the battlefield, I'm not sure if Brittney is high on their list of concerns.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/wnba-pl...174818739.html
An idiot trying to sneak drugs through customs in Russia has some severe judgement problems that probably require an extensive period of "quiet time" to allow resolution of her deficiencies.

Many of these idiots have been conditioned to believe that there are no consequences to their actions, or they can claim "racism" and get away with anything.

Griner hates America, so a little vacation in Siberia is probably a welcome respite for her, away from such a "racist" country as the US.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2022, 10:56 AM
 
16,544 posts, read 7,685,390 times
Reputation: 10369
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
An idiot trying to sneak drugs through customs in Russia has some severe judgement problems that probably require an extensive period of "quiet time" to allow resolution of her deficiencies.

Many of these idiots have been conditioned to believe that there are no consequences to their actions, or they can claim "racism" and get away with anything.

Griner hates America, so a little vacation in Siberia is probably a welcome respite for her, away from such a "racist" country as the US.
True, some people think they can break laws in other countries because they are American.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top