Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2022, 07:37 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times

Advertisements

those 9 years will go by in no time. Get a job in the laundry, keep those collars crisp!

Old 08-08-2022, 07:45 PM

1,026 posts, read 447,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrmantraut View Post
Which was a psychotic attack on anyone white who is not a liberal (especially white conservative educated men), attack on all police, and pretty much anyone who didn't think like them. You're putting 2020 quite mildly. She said she "couldn't stand the Nation Anthem" so it's a safe bet she doesn't care for our country. You think we all don't see that? I find it funny that the fake news keeps printing articles about her....she ain't comin' out folks!!!! It's done.

According to her agenda America's flaws are that all white people, history, etc. are racist (and homophobic, and transphobic) by nature. And to hate the police. Whatever you want you just take. Entitlement is the name of the game with people like her. She ain't gettin' any scraps from Russia!

Thank you for your service, by the way.
If Griner doesn't know the story behind the National Anthem and U S Flag she can never understand the disrespect of taking a knee; or, if she does know the story behind the National Anthem and Flag and doesn't care about the disrespect of taking a knee, since that is her intent, disrespecting the anthem and Flag.

Griner's heading for a penal colony prison; she's about to appreciate America after all unless of course Brandon trades her for a Russian international arms terrorist...then it will bashing America as usual.

Old 08-08-2022, 07:45 PM

1,108 posts, read 528,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney rubble View Post
I don't think she really hates this country. She had her political stance during a time when the country was going through a greater psychosis. She's one of the most known players in that part of the league, so she felt a peer pressure to make a political statement at the time. It's similar to Lebron, I don't think he is racists towards white people as so many suggest.

She said she never meant to disrepect anyone who served as her father had. The political stance was there to point out some of the flaws in the country that she lived and there's nothing wrong with that. All the hate she's recieving now just reinforce her belief. She will probably have to take her loss to the chin and tough it out because that's life. Before anyone thinks I'm anti- American, I have served a tour in Afghanistan and Kuwait myself.
What crap - peer pressure my ass - if she was as you state most know player then she should have and did know she would be watched and listened too. She knew what she was doing both politically and taking a outlawed drug into a foreign country. She thought her damn supposed notoriety would let get get away with this stuff and you like so many others bought into it.

Its time these damn athletes men and women get the message - they no valuable on - off the court that any of us. Just because they can put a ball through a hoop does not give them the right to respect our laws or laws of any other country. Enough with this coddling crap - she did the crime she does the time.

Old 08-08-2022, 07:49 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
She’s not coming home anytime soon.
She broke the law in Russia. Not very smart, but with such an ego, what else is new. She could use this time to appreciate the country she is from. That could take the full term.

For the US to get involved in her release is ridiculous. She broke the law with hash. What an idiot.

You commit the crime, you need to do the time. Yes, it is a ridiculous amount of time, but the US doesn't fully control the world. Russia is its own boss.

I sort of feel bad for her of course as I am a humanitarian, but she is an idiot on so many levels. Maybe she does 5 years and that is good.

Have a wonderful night.

Old 08-08-2022, 07:51 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
1. Not for foreigners
2. Not for foreigners in Russia
3. She willingly traveled to Russia during their troop buildup on Ukraine’s border that started in December
4. No one forced her to vape, let a alone vape as a professional basketball player
5. She’s a 6’9” tatted up black woman with dreadlocks, of course she will be scrutinized when she travels. She sticks out like a sore thumb

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2...ilence-critics

Get mad at Biden and the left, you think Putin is going to take it easy after Biden and the western media bashes him endlessly?
.07 grams equals 2 Pennies- or a reg pencil or 4 paper clips or a pk of gum. But not going to convince those who are elated this person is in a Russian jail.

Old 08-08-2022, 08:07 PM

24,619 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
.07 grams equals 2 Pennies- or a reg pencil or 4 paper clips or a pk of gum.
*which is on par with a prison sentence in Russia for a foreign drug crime*

What part of “foreigners caught with drugs get strict sentences in every country” don’t you seem to understand?

Did someone force her to travel to Russia, while they were amassing troops on Ukraine’s border, and bring her vape pen with her?

Old 08-08-2022, 09:27 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
.07 grams equals 2 Pennies- or a reg pencil or 4 paper clips or a pk of gum. But not going to convince those who are elated this person is in a Russian jail.
Doesn’t matter in Russia. Big difference from the US that Griner has learned. Obey the law in the country you’re in or suffer the consequences. Griner made the decision and chose poorly. Time to take responsibility for it and pay the consequences.

Old 08-08-2022, 09:32 PM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:
In Russia they have penalty levels like every other country.

Criminal Penalties for Drug Possession in Russia

"Although in Russia drug use per se is not criminalized as in Georgia, possession without intent to supply in amounts exceeding 0.5 grams for heroin, opium or desomorphine is considered a crime and is punished by incarceration for up to three years. At the same time it is important to emphasize that even where drug use is not a criminal offence, most countries apply administrative liability for it; in Russia, drug use can therefore result in 15 days arrest, which according to the European Court on Human Rights is equal to criminal liability."

https://www.drugpolicyfacts.org/node/3432
You forgot the drug smuggling charge.

Old 08-09-2022, 08:57 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,868,455 times
Quote:
I definitely don’t think she deserves to be locked up but the amount does matter. When you go abroad, you can’t take any chances and places like Russia will not accept it as just being a “stupid mistake.”

She of no fault of her own will be scrutinized when she travels based on her looks, so that’s even more reason to be super careful. Don’t pack anything other than clothes.

The UCLA basketball kids thought they could shoplift in China, and it would be a joke. They also almost faced 10 years in prison.

You can’t take chances when you go overseas. It doesn’t matter how ridiculous we think the punishment is or whether the punishment fits the crime.

Old 08-09-2022, 09:00 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,868,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Doesn’t matter in Russia. Big difference from the US that Griner has learned. Obey the law in the country you’re in or suffer the consequences. Griner made the decision and chose poorly. Time to take responsibility for it and pay the consequences.
I would take it one step further and not even trust the law because there are some laws that don’t apply to guests who are visiting a country. Even if vaping were legal in Russia, I still wouldn’t risk bringing it into the country. I would only bring conservative clothes, and no controversial t shirts or anything. Best to check with a travel consultant from the country you are going to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies