Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2022, 12:47 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Why would she bring an essentially empty vape on purpose? The amount was two 1/100ths of an ounce, not enough to even get one use out of.
From what I gather, the vape setup that Griner has is refillable. Maybe she wanted to not throw away a trace amount if she could huff once or twice before replacing. And I for damn sure don't believe that she wasn't using in Russia as she claims to have been in so much pain to require the prescription to begin with. More likely she either got away with smuggling the goods in previously or she obtained the narcotics illegally while on the ground.

To be clear, I'm not saying that this is what happened, but rather that it isn't out of the realm of possibility and plausibility for me.

Old 08-10-2022, 02:01 PM

1,100 posts, read 431,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
No, but I advocate for locking such people up for those offenses. Not for a triggering nonviolent offense. My point is that he should have been locked up for armed robbery and other violent crimes. It shouldn't have taken a nonviolent drug offense to get him off the streets. I'm all for locking someone up and throwing away the key if they have shown themselves to be violent and a risk to public safety. Where I draw a line is using a nonviolent offense to justify locking someone up for life as it's inconsistent with why I believe someone should be locked away for life.
He was incarcerated, at some point. You don't walk with no time for armed robbery and felon with gun, those are both serious serious felonies.

Old 08-10-2022, 02:51 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrmantraut View Post
He was incarcerated, at some point. You don't walk with no time for armed robbery and felon with gun, those are both serious serious felonies.
And he served his time for those crime. Carrying weed isn’t a sign of dangerousness from where I stand. If people feel he should be locked up longer for his violent crimes, then make one of those violent crimes the triggering point. Or increase the time for those violent crimes. Just my two cents.

Old 08-10-2022, 03:01 PM

1,100 posts, read 431,623 times
Quote:
And he served his time for those crime. Carrying weed isn’t a sign of dangerousness from where I stand. If people feel he should be locked up longer for his violent crimes, then make one of those violent crimes the triggering point. Or increase the time for those violent crimes. Just my two cents.
I definitely agree.

But priors make things much worse for defendants. I'm not a criminal so I really don't care.

Old 08-10-2022, 04:39 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I know people here don't, but I believe her that she didn't realize it was in her bag. My opinion isn't based on anything about her, but simply on the amount that was in the vial, which wasn't even enough for a single use. It was effectively empty. So I don't think she'd have brought that deliberately. And because she had been going there for 8 years and knew the drill, I don't think she'd have brought it deliberately.
You're incorrect. Very little vape is needed. Here's a breakdown...

A user generally uses 4 - 10 ml e-liquid per day.
29.6 ml equals an ounce of e-liquid.

Griner had several days worth of vape depending on how much she uses per day.

But alas, the amount doesn't matter. She brought illegal drugs into Russia. Russia doesn't tolerate even a little bit. It's their call, their rules.

Besides, who packs "in a hurry" when they're traveling overseas? Nobody.

Old 08-10-2022, 06:42 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
You're incorrect. Very little vape is needed. Here's a breakdown...

A user generally uses 4 - 10 ml e-liquid per day.
29.6 ml equals an ounce of e-liquid.

Griner had several days worth of vape depending on how much she uses per day.

But alas, the amount doesn't matter. She brought illegal drugs into Russia. Russia doesn't tolerate even a little bit. It's their call, their rules.

Besides, who packs "in a hurry" when they're traveling overseas? Nobody.
Oops. My mistake. I thought Griner had less than an ounce of e-liquid. Wrong! She had less than a gram, which negates my calculations above. She did indeed have next to nothing in the vials. Maybe she knew where to get more liquid in Russia, and needed those vials for refill? I don't vape, so I don't know what's involved.

But it still doesn't change Putin's mind about her sentence.

And yes, it's harsh, but we all know it's political payback for Biden's support of Ukraine.

Old 08-10-2022, 06:54 PM

158 posts, read 43,908 times
lol just because america has come to point of where criminals are so bold and they argue and debate with justice system if their crime should be punished severly or AT ALL does not mean rest of the world have gotten to that madness. rest of the world are run by adults even better is run BY MEN and law and order and morality

Old 08-10-2022, 08:43 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
That is false. Contrary to the mainstream media and leftist narratives on the subject, Trump enacted hundreds of sanctions against Russia. Trump also wasn't whispering in the Russian president's ear that he'd have more flexibility after his election

Here are some of the Trump sanctions and other actions against Russia, to include for human rights abuses: https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order...ons-on-russia/
Bingo…and because Trump was able to keep the peace, unlike Sleepy Joe who Putin attacked twice while he’s in office. Peace is far better than war…and let’s not forget Putin played Sleepy Joe perfectly selling oil to him, and obviously used the profits to help fund his war.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:50 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Now that's a stretch. Most whom follow sports even at a moderate degree knew something about her. She is one of the top female athletes alive today.
Very few follow the WNBA.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:53 PM

158 posts, read 43,908 times
"Now that's a stretch. Most whom follow sports even at a moderate degree knew something about her. She is one of the top female athletes alive today."
america and their b.s. just because in america athlete is seen as more important and valuable then normal person and should be given as many chances as possible does not mean whole world should treat athletes that way.thank God rest of the world does not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies