Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2022, 04:25 PM

6,667 posts, read 2,972,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Every school needs armed security guards. If we have armed security guards to protect people's money in Banks we should have armed security guards to protect children in schools.
oh man,..I was swamped at work today and just now grasping this thing. So horrible.

I was always on board with security guards and even detectors. That was with inner city schools, but it is clear Any and All schools should take these precautionary measures.

pay up. this would be worth some tax dollars, imho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2022, 04:28 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
14 kids, 1 teacher all killed. Shooter also killed his Grand Mother.

Sick person.

Yet more guns did not prevent this tragedy. It only allowed it to happen.

Old 05-24-2022, 04:29 PM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Maybe people in small rural areas are more complacent, I don't know. That goes to show you that nowhere is immune to these shootings. I feel so bad for these kids, who were just being kids, and won't be returning home today.
It is something that wasn't so common in rural areas, years ago. In fact many kids would bring guns to school to hunt with after. This is just another example of the moral decay our society has suffered. How far will we decline ?

Old 05-24-2022, 04:30 PM

6,024 posts, read 2,846,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
14 kids, 1 teacher all killed. Shooter also killed his Grand Mother.

Sick person.

Yet more guns did not prevent this tragedy. It only allowed it to happen.
Are schools not "Gun-Free" zones? More guns prevent tragedy, unless they are prohibited in certain areas...

Old 05-24-2022, 04:35 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The sad thing about it, I'm not shocked. I'm saddened, but it's dejavu all over again.
Like you, I am not shocked. I am sad every time I hear about another mass shooting in America. It's disgusting.

Old 05-24-2022, 04:37 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmycountry View Post
YES! Those, too! And a security office in the front of every building with a huge bullet proof window where an armed guard there! Cameras so he/she can watch the entire property. We can FORTIFY these buildings and properties!
I just think it is sad if anyone is actually considering turning schools into bullet-proof fortresses. By this, I mean that I think it is sad that we are at the point that many intelligent people think that this is actually necessary -- and that maybe it IS necessary.

When I think of my own elementary school days about 55-60 years ago, I could just cry thinking about what a different school experience the kids of today have. Our biggest fears were things like getting caught "making a face" at a teacher behind her back.

Old 05-24-2022, 04:38 PM

4,563 posts, read 4,101,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmycountry View Post
YES! Those, too! And a security office in the front of every building with a huge bullet proof window where an armed guard there! Cameras so he/she can watch the entire property. We can FORTIFY these buildings and properties!
Then a shooter can just wait until recess if truly intent on harm. Should we then put up 6 or 8 foot brick walls around kids playgrounds?

Should schools be like prisons because we have too many people addicted to guns in this country?

Old 05-24-2022, 04:40 PM

13,258 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Every school needs armed security guards. If we have armed security guards to protect people's money in Banks we should have armed security guards to protect children in schools.
Most banks don't have armed security anymore they don't want the liability many have gone to bullet resistant clear materials.

These shootings are from non students schools they need good security around the school. It's a shame that schools have to be turned into fortresses.

Old 05-24-2022, 04:40 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Another tragedy carried out against innocent children where's all the pundits who lambasted NY and others for their strict gun laws going on and on how this wouldn't happen if people could self carry.

Well this latest tragedy is Texas what their answer now it was a Democratic Community...

Old 05-24-2022, 04:47 PM

440 posts, read 201,295 times
They are a disgusting lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies