Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2022, 03:00 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times

Advertisements

Italy Has a Gun Culture but No Mass Shootings—Here’s Why:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...kLU?li=BBnb7Kz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2022, 03:00 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
That's obviously not true. Kids were calling 911 from inside the class. One kids said eight or nine kids were still alive. They have interviewed at least one of the children who survived being in the classroom

Student who survived Texas school shooting recalls gunman saying: 'You're all gonna die'

1 view of 1 child doesn't change the operation tactics from the cops outside. Regular cops tried to break in and got heavy gun fired in return. They needed a tactical team. The kids fate were sealed the moment the shooter broke in the classroom and locked himself in up and fired his arsenal on the kids.

If you are a police or military you would know the response and how they operate with caution. You don't know what kind of shooter you have in 10 minutes or if there is a booby trap.

I want experts in the field going over this case to make future situations better not by keyboard warriors that never even served in the Boy Scouts lecture people how the operation should be or what they would do.

Old 06-01-2022, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
It's clear we won't get through to some folks and as I said earlier - if the police had stormed the classrooms and innocent children caught in the crossfire - what would the public say then? They should have waited.

Imagine if regular cops go in storming blazing and their bullets kill or injure 5 or 3 or even 1. The lawsuit of millions of dollars the city has to pay in lawsuits.

I'm military and that's not how the military handles situations like this. When a shooter has endless ammunition and has the upper tactical advantage with victims and locked up they go with caution. They don't send regular MP's to their sure deaths. This isn't D-DAY that you keep sending soldiers to die to take control of a hill. It's a different operation.

Old 06-01-2022, 03:10 PM

8,208 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
How could they "break down the door" without entry equipment? Remember, you have to be able to get in before you engage. And keep in mind, two cops did engage, and were shot in the process when they initially chased him into the school.

But give specifics...are they using their boots like they do in the movies or are they using a stick of dynomite? What could they have done? We're talking patrol cops here.
How did the shooter get the training to outdo the cops?

A survivor said that the gunman had broken the glass in the classroom door. There were windows outside. If they wanted to get in bad enough they would have found a way.

Old 06-01-2022, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I wondered that after Columbine as well. It must have to do with the length of time it takes to process the crime scene when that many people have been killed.
Yes, the scene has to be processed. They might be needing to arrange a place to move the bodies to if there's a lot of them.

Old 06-01-2022, 03:14 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Look what crawled out of the cesspool....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABTgYvcpyyo

Old 06-01-2022, 03:16 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
This whole thing stinks and they are covering stuff up. Might be that they picked Arrendondo to be the fall guy. Or maybe someone is trying to cover for him. It's shady.
It’s a small town, they know each other. None of it looks good because the stories keep changing.
It’s a lot easier to blame an inanimate object (gun) than it is to blame a friend or even all the people in that town who knew this kid had serious problems. That was also the .case in Sandy Hook — everyone in town KNEW about Adam Lanza and his problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
I would think that as a police officer, you would automatically grab your weapon and radio. And from what I have seen most all have the radio attached to them and the mike hooked up close to their chest?
What are the odds that NONE of the 19 officers, including the Chief of School Police had a radio? ZERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Yesterday or Sunday I was wondering if the Uvalde ISD police chief was going to be allowed to take his new job on the Uvalde City Council (IIRC, he was only supposed to be the chief for a few more days (before joining the city council) when the massacre occurred.

A few minutes ago, on the CNN ticker, there was an announcement that he won't be sworn in. The announcement didn't say whether that = permanent and final, or just for now.
Of course he WAS sworn in. That was just another Lie

Quote:
I am not sure what they did in that hallway other than what the timeline states, but we know what they did not do for an hour and fifteen minutes. They did not do a thing to save those remaining children.
We also know that Pete Arredondo (the guy in charge)/has refused to cooperate with the investigation and has been hiding out in his house. We have a lot more to learn as the story from the Citizens in Uvalde changes daily.

Old 06-01-2022, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I mentioned specifically windows on the doors and the outside windows. I never said shooting through a door when you cannot see your suspect. I'm not sure why you have even brought that up. No one else has.
The window in the door was busted out. Why could someone not look through the window and see the shooter and do something?

Old 06-01-2022, 03:44 PM

Quote:
The window in the door was busted out. Why could someone not look through the window and see the shooter and do something?

Sure, that's a tactic that had to be done with caution unless you want police officers get their heads blown off like throwing a watermelon from the roof. Have you ever been constantly shot at with a weapon that shoots countless of bullets fast? Unless you are Wonder Woman and make yourself invisible, sticking any part of your body especially your head through the window that would make an easy target for any shooter with a weapon. Shooting fish in a bowl.

Old 06-01-2022, 03:48 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
True. I am not a cop. Never have been. Nor did I serve in the military. This guy probably knows better than I do, admittedly.

Quote:
“There were 19 officers in there,” he said. “In fact, there were plenty of officers to do whatever needed to be done, with one exception — the incident commander inside believed they needed more equipment and more officers to do a tactical breach at that point.”
Top Texas cop admits cops botched Uvalde school response: ‘Wrong decision, period’

They are quoting Steven McCraw, director of Texas Department of Public Safety.

Quote:
I don't know. I've never been a police officer or in the military so I don't have the same right as other posters to comment. We're supposed to believe there was nothing that could be done until someone finally had a key and simply opened the door and then went in

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 06-01-2022 at 04:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies