Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2022, 01:09 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

So why did the teacher prop the door open?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2022, 01:18 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Oh I get this all the time from liberals on this board telling me I am angry about some little thing that doesn't annoy them. Like I can only be upset about one thing at a time and it better be the same thing they are upset about, otherwise I am being a petty RWNJ
Being wrong about something (in this case thinking we can only be upset about one aspect of this shooting) is not a partisan issue. We can all be wrong. In the OP's case, he seems to think liberals are not upset about the shooter first and foremost, SMH

Old 05-29-2022, 01:22 PM

43,096 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Let’s see. A pathetic loser shot up a school, the mob is now angry at: guns, NRA, Daniel Defense, Republicans, and anyone who proposes a real solution.

Seriously, what’s up with this kind of perversion?

Shouldn’t people be mad at, I don’t know, maybe these: the parents who raised such a horrible human being, the incompetent or cowardly police, the teacher who left the door open, the school that didn’t enforce the locked-door practice, the democrats who created the free-to-murder zones, aka, gun free zone, the media that loved, milked and promoted mass murder stories?

It vaguely resembles something like blaming my pen and the manufacturer for you writing a bad check.
Because people want to see someone blamed and punished.
I've seen them blaming the cops and the Governor as if they should be tried for murder.

It's truly unbelievable the frothing at the mouth anger coming from people.
But why ? The shooter is the guilty party and he's dead.

Old 05-29-2022, 01:27 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,274,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
laziness? Went to get something from her car and instead of leaving through this door, letting it lock behind her and coming back through the main entrance - propped it open.

But looks like she did not remove the rock or whatever she used to prop it open with?

There is video but has not been released to the public.

Old 05-29-2022, 01:28 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I just came back from running errands, and decided to take a gander at our local elementary school.

In the doorways of the "auxiliary doors", that auto lock when they're closed to keep people from entering, sits a big rock. Tucked away in the corner of the doorway.

Obviously, so teachers can prop open the doors.

So there's that.

(Note, I was so curious about this I went to another elementary school that was on my way, and didn't see that there. So either they pulled their doorstops last week, or they never had the practice of doing this).

Old 05-29-2022, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I just came back from running errands, and decided to take a gander at our local elementary school.

In the doorways of the "auxiliary doors", that auto lock when they're closed to keep people from entering, sits a big rock. Tucked away in the corner of the doorway.

Obviously, so teachers can prop open the doors.

So there's that.

(Note, I was so curious about this I went to another elementary school that was on my way, and didn't see that there. So either they pulled their doorstops last week, or they never had the practice of doing this).
Interesting. I figured that they would also do this.

So glad our school doors can be unlocked with a key card - the teachers hold it up to the scanner and the door unlocks. They don't have to be propping doors open - and of course they should not anyway!

Old 05-29-2022, 01:39 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Interesting. I figured that they would also do this.

So glad our school doors can be unlocked with a key card - the teachers hold it up to the scanner and the door unlocks. They don't have to be propping doors open - and of course they should not anyway!
Ours have that too - not sure why all the propping of doors, unless the teacher realizes she left her key in the classroom and doesn't want to go back to get it. Or a volunteer, who doesn't have a key? Or a child who's gone to retrieve a jacket or water bottle from the play scape?

Old 05-29-2022, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Ours have that too - not sure why all the propping of doors, unless the teacher realizes she left her key in the classroom and doesn't want to go back to get it. Or a volunteer, who doesn't have a key? Or a child who's gone to retrieve a jacket or water bottle from the play scape?
I would sub sometimes at the elementary, and they would not give us a scan card, but it wasn't a problem to me.

But then I am brainwashed into following rules - retired military.

I remember one time I was out in the playground with the kids. There were four of us. We were supposed to keep an eye on the kids!

The other three were regular aides. They were all together just yapping away. I was walking around watching the kids.

One kid took off and went into the area where the AC equipment and other electrical stuff was located. I went and grabbed her. It ticked me off that the other three were not paying attention.

After that incident - I was done with that school -

Old 05-29-2022, 01:55 PM

13,452 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Right now I’m crying almost daily. I hurt for those people. I have buried a 7 yr old grand, from illness, but I understand their pain - has zero to do with being a realists. It has to do with trying to come with a solution to stop the pain. Has nothing to do with fn politics, or rights, or whose wrong or right with statistics. There’s a great loss of innocent lives. But I can’t make anyone “feel” that loss, if it is not there - it’s not there.

No offense but you would be crying 24/7 for all of the deaths in the U.S. and the world. Have you bother to look the yearly stats on just the deaths of children alone. Just on starvation and diseases alone will keep you crying full time. I won't even touch wars and crime, that's another ballgame.

Old 05-29-2022, 02:07 PM

28,668 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
I can't even imagine feeling anger at the teacher. He/she must be really, really grieving. Forever.

But for the grace of God go most of us - nearly everyone has temporarily propped a door open to keep it from closing and locking.
Yeah, no.

I spent half my working life in the military working in Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs). I never, ever propped open a door.

I spent the other half of my working life in a Fortune 50 company that required security badged access to all its facilities. I never, ever propped open a door.

Nope, there is no excuse for propping open a door to a building that is supposed to be considered "secure."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies