Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2022, 07:33 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
I’d like to announce that I stopped pooping my pants over 40 years ago.
I expect at least 10 pages of replies acknowledging this accomplishment because if not it will just prove you are all white supremacist poopy-pantsaphobes.
Maybe I can get a bronze statue or mural painted in my honor.
Your classmates will surely be cheering you for that one! Quite an accomplishment considering how they all had to suffer through classes with you.

Old 05-30-2022, 07:49 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Not a new concept for the narcissist social media generation to grandstand during a very public event, but still incredibly annoying.

It's always about them.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/high-scho...153003821.html
Somebody needs to tell this dude that nobody cares what you do in the privacy of your bedroom. You shouldn’t make that public.

That’s the only thing that the LGBT flag stands for.

Old 05-30-2022, 07:51 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
People complain about it because the LGBT folks constantly make an issue of it.
They have to have pride parades, coming out parties, drag queen story hours, and other such nonsense.

People wouldn't care if they just acted normal and kept their sex lives private.
Do you do that?

You don't mention if you're dating, or hold hands in public, or bring a "plus one" to a wedding? You keep your sex life private from the world?

No one who knows you, except your sex partners, would know your sexual orientation?

Old 05-30-2022, 07:58 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Florida’s politics are so anti gay especially in the high schools. I can see how this would be important to a graduating senior year. Venice Florida is particularly oppressive.
No they aren’t. My daughter has been out since middle school and has had zero issues with policy or administration of any kind. What are you calling anti gay?

Old 05-30-2022, 08:03 AM

1,480 posts, read 480,102 times
When I graduated my dad was very ill from an operation gone bad. I went there alone with no family members in attendance. The woman who was giving out the diplomas lived in the next neighborhood over and was friends with my mom and dad, and she knew the situation, and before she gave me my diploma, she grabbed both my hands and said nice things to me privately away from the microphone. And even though I was very shy and didn't even want to be up there, it meant a lot to me in that moment.

My Dad died the following year on memorial weekend, and I figure that is why I am writing. I regret the kind of kid I was to my parents throughout my youth.

Old 05-30-2022, 08:09 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Florida’s politics are so anti gay especially in the high schools. I can see how this would be important to a graduating senior year. Venice Florida is particularly oppressive.
....where do you come up with this crap......LOL

Old 05-30-2022, 08:12 AM

37,200 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
People complain about it because the LGBT folks constantly make an issue of it.
They have to have pride parades, coming out parties, drag queen story hours, and other such nonsense.

People wouldn't care if they just acted normal and kept their sex lives private.
The difference is, if you openly declared yourself heterosexual you would in all likelihood not face any pushback or condemnation because of it.

Homosexuality is every bit as normal as heterosexuality. Over 1,500 species of animals have been observed engaging in sex acts with others of their own gender.

Old 05-30-2022, 08:14 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
It's the 21st century, no one cares if you're gay.
Its still a HUGE thing for younger kids though, for some reason?!

Not sure why they make a big deal out of it, perhaps it is simply for attention?

Old 05-30-2022, 08:22 AM

6,028 posts, read 2,846,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Do you do that?

You don't mention if you're dating, or hold hands in public, or bring a "plus one" to a wedding? You keep your sex life private from the world?
Graduations are supposed to be of a certain decorum. I do not bring my personal life into certain situations, such as a graduation, because it is impolite to do so. Graduations are to celebrate the achievements of each individual student. Being gay is not an achievement, nor is it worth celebrating. Most gay people want to be treated equal, not special.

Old 05-30-2022, 08:25 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Graduations are supposed to be of a certain decorum. I do not bring my personal life into certain situations, such as a graduation, because it is impolite to do so. Graduations are to celebrate the achievements of each individual student. Being gay is not an achievement, nor is it worth celebrating. Most gay people want to be treated equal, not special.
Uh, thats obviously not true! Its younger people that are making a big deal about 'coming out'. LOL

This means that its something significant to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies