Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should firearms be banned for persons under 21?
Yes. 58 29.29%
Yes, but only if voting age is raised to 21 as well. 31 15.66%
No. 104 52.53%
All firearms should be made illegal, get rid of all guns. 5 2.53%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2022, 07:52 AM

2,016 posts, read 3,521,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
How many people a minute can be shot or harmed by a machete or shotgun as compared to a semiautomatic weapon? Do you think there is a difference?
Kel Tec KSG25 is a shotgun that hold 25 rounds.

MKA1919 Match Pro is a semi-auto shotgun with detachable magazines, and even looks like an AR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2022, 07:52 AM

1,213 posts, read 567,788 times
The mass shooting thing is a new(er) phenomenon.
Maybe start investigating the root cause of this before making knee jerk reactions to guns.
I still don’t get the obsession over guns though. There have been many mass murders committed by other means. But yeah, maybe figure out WHY this is happening and then figure out how to address it.

Old 05-30-2022, 07:54 AM

63 posts, read 24,856 times
Quote:
Could this girl still shoot if the parents owned the gun and supervised her use of it? Of course she could. What is your point? Does she have to be the owner of the gun in order to compete?
My point is that your position is indefensible. Kids can legally own guns in some states by the way, they just can't buy them themselves as per federal law.

Old 05-30-2022, 08:00 AM

9,861 posts, read 4,638,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
What is more important...protecting our Constitutional rights or 'safety'?

A famous historical person once said, "those who would give up their freedoms for safety, deserve neither".

Could not be more true today!

Yes, its horrible that these shootings happen, but what you do NOT do is suggest further violations of our rights...If we give up these rights (for safetys sake), what is to prevent giving up other rights, for safety?

A brutal bloody war was fought to secure these rights, (were all those deaths pointless?)
That's why it's a slippery slope. To me with a lot of the youth crime in general access to certain parts of a person's juvenile history should be the focus because 'juveniles' do commit adult crimes. Planned violence/terroristic threats is one of them.

It's also the proverbial foot in the door. It's not just about guns.

Old 05-30-2022, 08:06 AM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
The mass shooting thing is a new(er) phenomenon.
Maybe start investigating the root cause of this before making knee jerk reactions to guns.
I still don’t get the obsession over guns though. There have been many mass murders committed by other means. But yeah, maybe figure out WHY this is happening and then figure out how to address it.
Then again, perhaps there is no one "root" cause and it is a combination of factors that lead to mass shootings.

Old 05-30-2022, 08:07 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
Kel Tec KSG25 is a shotgun that hold 25 rounds.

MKA1919 Match Pro is a semi-auto shotgun with detachable magazines, and even looks like an AR.
I don't care what "models" of guns are available. The point is that the general public, hunters and target shooters do not need a weapon that can kill 10 or 20 or 30 people a minute! That is a weapon of war. That is the type of weapon I would outlaw if it were up to me. Based on how many people a minute the gun could kill in the hands of an average shooter.

Old 05-30-2022, 08:08 AM

2,016 posts, read 3,521,850 times
Quote:
I don't care what "models" of guns are available. The point is that the general public, hunters and target shooters do not need a weapon that can kill 10 or 20 or 30 people a minute! That is a weapon of war. That is the type of weapon I would outlaw if it were up to me. Based on how many people a minute the gun could kill in the hands of an average shooter.
What about farmers/ranchers who need to be able to kill 10 or 20 or 30 feral pigs or coyotes a minute?

Old 05-30-2022, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name Is View Post
My point is that your position is indefensible. Kids can legally own guns in some states by the way, they just can't buy them themselves as per federal law.
And we are discussing what each of us thinks the law should be, not what some states allow today.

So again, could that girl still participate in shooting contests if the parent owned the weapon? Yes she could.

Old 05-30-2022, 08:12 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
The whole basis for the 2nd Amendment, (defending against tyranny), is that the public must be able to remove a govt from power!!!

If you take the citizens ability to do that away...tyranny will increase drastically, as we have seen, since more gun control has been imposed...

Do you think the citizens could successfully remove the govt from power today with semi autos and shotguns? LOL The govt has the UPPER HAND in terms of firepower, thus, making the 2nd Amendment useless.

Old 05-30-2022, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
What about farmers/ranchers who need to be able to kill 10 or 20 or 30 feral pigs or coyotes a minute?
Next time you are attacked by a pack of 30 feral pigs at once, let us know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies