Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2022, 05:16 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
So what? And you think we will believe the gun nuts.

How about reading the lawsuit the Sandy Hook parents filed against Remington? They made their case.

If those guns were not so destructive why did the NRA and the Republicans pass a law that the gun makers could not be sued?

And they market to kids. Just saw an ad that showed owning that gun gave you testosterone. And they included a card certifying it. And then they made a game to show the kids how to load the gun

Spare me all your platitudes.

Anybody who has to have that kind of weapon for the self defense and to protect themselves from the bad old government is afraid of their own shadow.
which gun manufacturer was that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2022, 05:20 PM

17,622 posts, read 17,656,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The man is as ignorant about firearms as he is about economics, oil production, international relations and border security.

Ironically the AR-15 is most commonly chambered for a .22 caliber round.
But it looks like a military gun. Can’t have that! Local radio show occasionally does a segment in which they put a loaded gun on the table to see if it jumps up and begins shooting people. We choose to not own a gun because I suffer from depression and PTSD. It would be too inviting to use during a severe bout of depression. I wasn’t an avid gun user before but I did shot a few handguns, shotguns, rifle, and a Daisy BB gun (Christmas gift as a kid and I have both my eyes). Personal preference, my two favorite handguns to shoot were an antique style Colt 45 and a semiautomatic .22. The antique style was well balanced making it easy to aim. The semiauto .22 was easy for me to handle and group my shots and that was before I knew I needed glasses.

Old 05-30-2022, 05:21 PM

29,520 posts, read 19,612,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
So what? And you think we will believe the gun nuts.
Usually people who are gun aficionados have a better grasp of how guns work than those who are afraid to even touch one

Quote:
How about reading the lawsuit the Sandy Hook parents filed against Remington? They made their case.

If those guns were not so destructive why did the NRA and the Republicans pass a law that the gun makers could not be sued?
My 30×06 is a lot more destructive than an AR15

Quote:
And they market to kids.

I've taken my kids to the gun range. So what. That's not illegal. My old high school used to have a marksmanship class where we fired .22 caliber rifles.

Quote:
Just saw an ad that showed owning that gun gave you testosterone. And they included a card certifying it. And then they made a game to show the kids how to load the gun
You think kids who live in the country don't handle guns?

Quote:
Spare me all your platitudes.

Anybody who has to have that kind of weapon for the self defense and to protect themselves from the bad old government is afraid of their own shadow.
Hey you don't like thper weapons you don't have to buy one then. Some people want them for hunting for sport or for self defense. Of course you have the criminals too who will always have access to whatever type of firearms they want.

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
which gun manufacturer was that?
Remington. in the marketing to kids.

And wasn’t it Biden who once told people to fire a shotgun through a closed door?

Old 05-30-2022, 05:24 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
And wasn’t it Biden who once told people to fire a shotgun through a closed door?
He also said to fire one into the air which can be illegal.

Old 05-30-2022, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Usually people who are gun aficionados have a better grasp of how guns work than those who are afraid to even touch one

I've taken my kids to the gun range. So what. That's not illegal. My old high school used to have a marksmanship class where we fired .22 caliber rifles.

Hey you don't like thper weapons you don't have to buy one then. Some people want them for hunting for sport or for self defense. Of course you have the criminals too who will always have access to whatever type of firearms they want.
1990 Navy boot camp,…we had one of those guys terrified to touch guns. He joined the Navy to avoid having to touch guns. Still had to at least fire a few shots at a target with a .22 semiautomatic pistol. His hand was shaking so bad the instructor snatched it out his hand in a flash and told him to go sit down.

Old 05-30-2022, 05:25 PM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post

My grandpa taught me to use a rifle when I was about 8. That was a lot different from the guns being marketed to kids these days. And we had all kinds of target shooting when I was in high school.

I was really good at archery. The marketing is different now. And protected. Why can there be no studies regarding guns?

Old 05-30-2022, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
He also said to fire one into the air which can be illegal.
What goes up must come down and in this case it can hit a car, home, and or a person.

Old 05-30-2022, 05:30 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times

Thanks for the clip .

(you must spread some reputation around before giving it to uggabugga again)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies