Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which bucket do you fall into?
I own or at least have shot an AR and I don't want them banned 96 47.52%
I own or at least have shot an AR and I do want them banned 17 8.42%
I've never owned / shot an AR and I don't want them banned 53 26.24%
I've never owned / shot an AR and I do want them banned 36 17.82%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2022, 04:02 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Did you just really post the bold? And you are comparing that to this OP?

Bold 1. Then why are you here?

Bold 2: If you're close enough to see what you've been shot by? Think about that.

So, you were either in the military or you went to a place (that you pay) to let you shoot those "auotmatic assult rifle" and "machine gun.

But what is the difference between these 2?
I was responding to the posts that said that if you never fired one you should not have an opinion. Every citizen should be entitled to an opinion. And as long as Americans pist on threads about Canada I feel I can on ones on the States.

You can be told after the fact.

No I was never in the military nor did I pay to go to a range. I did work for the military as a civilian.

In my mind the automatic assult rifle I held like a normal rifle and pulled the trigger. I shot from a standing position. For the machine gun I was lying down firing and watching the tracer rounds for aiming. A soldier fed the belt bullets. The military said it was a machine gun. Did I pass yout test?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2022, 04:44 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Love this logic.

- "Could you not play the bagpipes after midnight?"
- "Until you learn to play the bagpipes, you can't have an opinion!"

Is there an entire political party trying to misrepresent what bagpipes actually are and how they function in order to try to get bagpipes banned?

Old 06-03-2022, 08:41 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I'll take that change of subject as a tacit admission that the quote is fabricated.
It is completely on subject and you certainly know that the Danes were defeated in one day, as they were essentially an unarmed nation with a very weak military.

Now from someone who knows the history of Denmark, one would think that you would be a proponant of the 2nd Amendment so the US can't be rolled in one day by the modern nazis (liberals) as your country was lost so easily.

The one quarter of my family that is Danish fought for and against the Germans up to after WW1 then came to America. Those very same Danes owned (and own) A LOT of rifles after coming to the US and sent their boys back to Europe to free the old country from the Nazis.

It's a damn good thing that there were Americans who valued firearms and had plenty of use and familiarity with them prior to joining the army.

Europe has been rolled by tyrants for centuries and so Europeans are the last people to even breathe a word about gun control. The European hatred of firearms is what has made them such easy targets through history. Thank God we have a Constitution to protect us from European idiocy and hatred of firearms.

Old 06-03-2022, 09:54 PM

278 posts, read 81,491 times
Apologies for any repost. In relation to one of the points from the OP, on the "explosive force of AR-15 style rifles", from 2018:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edsmI6UCj4w

Old 06-03-2022, 10:05 PM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Saw that live. It is a total fake.

Old 06-03-2022, 10:11 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Saw that live. It is a total fake.
My win mag maybe 5.56 lolz

Old 06-04-2022, 05:39 AM

10,234 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
And an 85 year old woman wouldn't put up much of a fight if she had to fight with her body, but she could end a fight quickly if she's armed and trained.

And even further: That 85 year old woman would probably shoot an AR-15 much better than she could shoot a pistol because the pistol requires more hand strength for recoil control.

For those that believe in "equality for women," how else would an 85 year old woman be the EQUAL OR BETTER of a 25 year old man in a fight?

Her firearm allows that. It's the "great equalizer."
How would a 25 year old, 5 foot woman be against a young, 6 foot man in an attempted rape? She would need a gun to defend herself? My friend was a 1st Degree Black Belt who worked in a DoJo teaching Karate. We were in the subway walking down an empty long passage way. As soon as one of two BIG Men following us put his hand on her, she went into attack mode. He was on the ground in no time holding his "family jewels" in pain. His friend ran away when he saw that. Think they expected anything like that?

Need a deadly weapon to defend herself, and me? Her hands and feet were legally considered deadly weapons.

As a young married woman I woke in the middle of the night to the sound of someone trying to break in the window of our basement. Woke up my husband. He ran to get his gun and load it. Safety issue with a Toddler in the house. While he was doing that, I went to the window and pushed out the big metal window fan which crashed down two stories onto the concrete, all the while screaming as loud as I could. I watched as he ran like the devil away. Husband just stood there holding his gun.

When we told the NYPD what happened, they started LAUGHING. Even shook my hand. "Never in my 20 years on the force did I ever hear of anything like this". "Imagine HER with the gun".

Point? Anything can be used in your defense. Add to it the element of SURPRISE.

Old 06-04-2022, 05:52 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,794,281 times
This poll is full of logical inconsistencies. Whatever information it collects may satisfy ones curiosity but is worthless for concluding anything.

I have owned or at least eaten DDT and I don't want it banned.
I I do want it banned.
I never ... etc.

Nothing can be made of replies to these questions. Of course DDT should be banned. Owning or having eaten it has nothing to do with ones position on banning it. Same with ar15s.

Old 06-04-2022, 06:02 AM

10,234 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Cannot really answer the questionnaire as worded, and mixed feelings about the ban. In an ideal world, nobody would want them. Not happening. Husband bought one AR and won another in a VFW Raffle. I will own them if I survive him. Don't know how or want to shoot any of his guns. If I inherit them, will donate them to the VFW.

Maybe not ban totally but definitely raise the age to 21 which I read that NY just did. I am a Democrat. I now live in PA where there is a day off from school in the Fall so the kids can go Hunting with their parents. Imagine that?

Old 06-04-2022, 06:51 AM

29,531 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfyman View Post
Apologies for any repost. In relation to one of the points from the OP, on the "explosive force of AR-15 style rifles", from 2018:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edsmI6UCj4w
LOL AR15 with it's .223 caliber round has less explosive force in close quarters than a 44 magnum revolver which will go threw walls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies