Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which bucket do you fall into?
I own or at least have shot an AR and I don't want them banned 96 47.52%
I own or at least have shot an AR and I do want them banned 17 8.42%
I've never owned / shot an AR and I don't want them banned 53 26.24%
I've never owned / shot an AR and I do want them banned 36 17.82%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2022, 07:40 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
This poll is full of logical inconsistencies. Whatever information it collects may satisfy ones curiosity but is worthless for concluding anything.

I have owned or at least eaten DDT and I don't want it banned.
I I do want it banned.
I never ... etc.

Nothing can be made of replies to these questions. Of course DDT should be banned. Owning or having eaten it has nothing to do with ones position on banning it. Same with ar15s.
What? are you saying you don't need to even have sometype of knowledge to have an honest discussion about it? That's the point of this thread.

There has been a lot of mis-information about AR15s, not a lot of mis-information about DDT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2022, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Cannot really answer the questionnaire as worded, and mixed feelings about the ban. In an ideal world, nobody would want them. Not happening. Husband bought one AR and won another in a VFW Raffle. I will own them if I survive him. Don't know how or want to shoot any of his guns. If I inherit them, will donate them to the VFW.

Maybe not ban totally but definitely raise the age to 21 which I read that NY just did. I am a Democrat. I now live in PA where there is a day off from school in the Fall so the kids can go Hunting with their parents. Imagine that?
Yea, Imigane that, parents teaching their children how to use guns and hunt....

Old 06-04-2022, 08:52 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yea, Imigane that, parents teaching their children how to use guns and hunt....
We have a youth deer hunting season. Children only.

Old 06-04-2022, 08:34 PM

278 posts, read 81,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
LOL AR15 with it's .223 caliber round has less explosive force in close quarters than a 44 magnum revolver which will go threw walls.

I don't think that was their point.

Old 06-04-2022, 09:26 PM

1,864 posts, read 841,146 times
that video really has no point because its comparing a pistol round to a rifle round. pistol good for maybe 100 feet, the rifle about 600 yards
but: they are both dangerous

Old 06-05-2022, 05:29 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,792,682 times
Quote:
What? are you saying you don't need to even have sometype of knowledge to have an honest discussion about it? That's the point of this thread.

There has been a lot of mis-information about AR15s, not a lot of mis-information about DDT.
Asserting a point does not make it one. There have been more lies about DDT than anything except girlfriends.

How an ar15 works, exactly what it is or looks like is gun arcana. It is of no importance to any but the enthusiasts who get off on that stuff.

Old 06-05-2022, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Asserting a point does not make it one. There have been more lies about DDT than anything except girlfriends.

Then why did you post?

Quote:
How an ar15 works, exactly what it is or looks like is gun arcana.
It's a secret? That's a lie.

Quote:
It is of no importance to any but the enthusiasts who get off on that stuff.
Why do people such as you and folks you agree with always say stuff such as "get off on", all that does is show you that you relly don't have a clue what you are talking about.

But you're right on 1 thing, when are arguing/discussing something, it's better not to know what you're arguing/discussing about.

Old 06-05-2022, 08:22 AM

3,403 posts, read 1,443,547 times
Quote:
Then why did you post?

It's a secret? That's a lie.

Why do people such as you and folks you agree with always say stuff such as "get off on", all that does is show you that you relly don't have a clue what you are talking about.

But you're right on 1 thing, when are arguing/discussing something, it's better not to know what you're arguing/discussing about.
When it comes to the AR-15, our Founders intended ordinary citizens to keep and bear arms [a contemporary fire arm used by foot soldiers] so they would be ready and able to defend themselves against a despotic government if necessary. The AR-15-semi is a civilian version of the United States military’s M16 and ought to be kept by ordinary citizens to defend against a tyrannical government if necessary. Forewarned is forearmed.

Old 06-05-2022, 08:27 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It is completely on subject and you certainly know that the Danes were defeated in one day, as they were essentially an unarmed nation with a very weak military.

Now from someone who knows the history of Denmark, one would think that you would be a proponant of the 2nd Amendment so the US can't be rolled in one day by the modern nazis (liberals) as your country was lost so easily.

The one quarter of my family that is Danish fought for and against the Germans up to after WW1 then came to America. Those very same Danes owned (and own) A LOT of rifles after coming to the US and sent their boys back to Europe to free the old country from the Nazis.

It's a damn good thing that there were Americans who valued firearms and had plenty of use and familiarity with them prior to joining the army.

Europe has been rolled by tyrants for centuries and so Europeans are the last people to even breathe a word about gun control. The European hatred of firearms is what has made them such easy targets through history. Thank God we have a Constitution to protect us from European idiocy and hatred of firearms.
We were discussing the veracity of a quote. Care to comment on that?

And the idea that armed civilians could have stood up the the Wehrmacht in 1940 when the strongest combined-arms forces then in existence - with armor, artillery and air support - couldn't, it is silly beyond words.

Old 06-05-2022, 08:34 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Is there an entire political party trying to misrepresent what bagpipes actually are and how they function in order to try to get bagpipes banned?
You don't need to know the difference between an air and a pibroch to know that you'd rather people kept their bagpipe practice to a civilized hour.

The misrepresentation, as you call it, isn't on a material level. No one outside your pipes-and-drum circles have to care if it's Lovat's Lament or The Black Bear. We'd like some quiet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies