Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2022, 04:43 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
He's a republican, so that makes him a racist, a nazi, and now, a domestic terrorist mass murder, because democrats...
He's an elected official representing the State of Texas let him be an example of a solution instead of being part of the problem. Regardless of party affiliation he's just an A** H**e....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2022, 04:55 PM

17,801 posts, read 13,698,337 times
I don't think it is appropriate to confront someone like that in a restaurant or public place.

But I don't think it would inappropriate point out to Ted that when he is clean shaven he looks very much like an elf, but.... when he has a beard he starts looking more like a gnome.

Old 05-31-2022, 05:19 PM

43,123 posts, read 18,281,341 times
It's not right that people attack any public figure over this.

Old 05-31-2022, 05:34 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It's not right that people attack any public figure over this.
Just another whiny Lib throwing a hissy fit. It’s not like he showed up and did anything himself.

Old 05-31-2022, 05:38 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
He's an elected official representing the State of Texas let him be an example of a solution instead of being part of the problem. Regardless of party affiliation he's just an A** H**e....
Texas falls under the United States, and whos representing the US in 2022?

Old 05-31-2022, 05:50 PM

1,334 posts, read 2,994,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Guess what? America does not have a gun issue. It has a social isolation and mental health issue. I am lucky enough to be able to travel internationally, specifically to Asia, frequently. Whenever I'm in Asia, I feel jealous when I see how inclusive they are towards their neighbors, friends and strangers. People are made to feel welcome amongst their own. There is a certain warmth, comfort and stability that comes with this inclusion.

Compare and contrast this to America. I can't think of a more exclusionary nation on the planet!!!! Even before COVID kicked in, we were suffering. Americans rarely know their neighbors, don't socialize much, are happy spending time with one or two friends, rarely see their families, rarely go to church etc. We are divided early into the Democrat or Republican camp. Then as soon as we can read and comprehend, it's apparent that one race is pitted against the other aided by an all out assault from main stream media. America is a nation of social wars. But make no mistake, a war is still a war.

As a result, is it any wonder why these young kids are hurting so badly? Who pulls the trigger on these mass shootings? THAT is what we should be concentrating on, not the guns for crying out loud! Sadly we live in such a "blame first" society, it's always the fault of somebody/something else. Wrong...wrong...wrong. Gotta be the guns!!!! Yup, that's the problem right there, those darned guns. Get real folks.
I agree with what your saying, but don't you think with all this mental illness and everything else you just mentioned, it would be a good idea to perform background checks and mental health checks and make sure people can pass a gun safety course before they are allowed to purchase a firearm?

Old 05-31-2022, 05:52 PM

46,290 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I don't think you are one to talk about "party affiliation" for anything.

Old 05-31-2022, 06:14 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,163,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
I agree with what your saying, but don't you think with all this mental illness and everything else you just mentioned, it would be a good idea to perform background checks and mental health checks and make sure people can pass a gun safety course before they are allowed to purchase a firearm?

Yes!

Old 05-31-2022, 06:48 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Whatever your beliefs, I just don't think people should be confronted in public during private time like that. There's a time and place for disagreements, not ambushing someone for social media likes.

Old 05-31-2022, 07:00 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Texas falls under the United States, and whos representing the US in 2022?
You don't like what the Administration would propose so let the Senator from Texas come up with something constructive for once..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies