Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2022, 02:02 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I should Google this, but how did he get the gun so soon?
Yeah, three hours between the time he bought it and the time he killed the doctor. There is something wrong with the system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2022, 02:03 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
he blamed the doctor for his back pain after the surgery
A letter recovered on the suspect, Michael Louis, made it clear "that he came with the intent to kill Dr. Phillips and anyone who got in his way," Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin said. "He blamed Dr. Phillips for the ongoing pain following the surgery."

The three others killed were Dr. Stephanie Husen, office employee Amanda Green and patient William Love, Franklin said.

"They stood in the way" so the suspect "gunned them down," Franklin said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...uCS?li=BBnb7Kz

Old 06-02-2022, 02:15 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
exactly. And if he had the surgery May 19 (haven't seen that) and was released May 24, that's some pretty heavy-duty surgery. And somehow thought he'd be fine a week after?

As with most, there's still a lot we don't know. I'll speculate it could have easily been him wanting more opioids and the doc telling him no.

My near-80 mom has had 3 back surgeries. The first one was a diskectomy, 2 days in the hospital, then working her way into reasonable exercise, but no heavy lifting or bending over too far. Well, she ignored that and 5 days later bent all the way over and picked something up and *pop* ruined it. That meant #2. She didn't do the rehab right, and 4 years later was in for a fusion, #3 which was 3 maybe 4 days in the hospital.
Referencing the May 19th surgery:

On May 19, Louis, 45, went to the hospital for back surgery, and Phillips was the operating physician, Franklin said. After Louis was released on May 24, he called several times in the following days, complaining of pain and requesting treatment. On Tuesday, a day before the shooting, Phillips saw his patient. The next day, Louis called again, “complaining of back pain and wanting additional assistance,” the police chief said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...edical-center/

Old 06-02-2022, 03:03 PM

1,693 posts, read 608,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yeah, three hours between the time he bought it and the time he killed the doctor. There is something wrong with the system.
He wanted to take the doctor out. It is likely he would have found another way. Easy to run someone over in the parking lot. He made a bomb threat, so maybe he would have used explosives. There are many ways to kill a lot of people. Guns are not the problem. If you place restrictions on them, would be murderers will just find a way around them. It’s that simple. That’s what criminals do.

If either of the other people who confronted him had been armed (or anyone else on that floor for that matter) this tragedy could have been stopped much sooner. Oh, but we aren’t allowed to take firearms into hospitals. So, only the criminals will have them.

Old 06-02-2022, 03:05 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
That is the most extreme response to back pain I've ever personally heard of.

Old 06-02-2022, 03:12 PM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
School kids, Walmart shoppers, hospital employees, etc. Thank you NRA for a massacre a day.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/newsu...cid=uxbndlbing
5% of the mass shootings in the entire country this year have been in Chicago.

But you don't want to address the root causes of most of the shootings...because then the politics get ugly.

Old 06-02-2022, 03:18 PM

9,838 posts, read 4,623,002 times
Is the photo of the suspect/murderer online that looks like an arrest photo a mug shot or is that an immigration photo?

Old 06-02-2022, 03:21 PM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Constant pain can effect a person greatly. My wife has had 3 spinal surgeries and lives in constant pain. It effects sleep and personal relations. Pain from spinal surgery isn’t like occasional muscle pain in the back. The effects of spinal surgery could create issues such as muscle spasms, strange feeling in the back from nerve damage (wife says it’s like your arm or leg falling asleep and the sensation in arm or leg when the feeling begins to return). There are nights my wife is paid up in the recliner unable to sleep because of the pain despite the medication she receives. We had to get a select comfort bed with adjustable head and feet for each side so she can try to find relief. Sleep deprivation and constant pain can drive a person to suicide or murder. It hurts me when I go check on my wife and ask her if she needs anything while I’m up and she says to cut her head off so she won’t feel pain anymore.

Old 06-02-2022, 03:32 PM

9,838 posts, read 4,623,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Constant pain can effect a person greatly. My wife has had 3 spinal surgeries and lives in constant pain. It effects sleep and personal relations. Pain from spinal surgery isn’t like occasional muscle pain in the back. The effects of spinal surgery could create issues such as muscle spasms, strange feeling in the back from nerve damage (wife says it’s like your arm or leg falling asleep and the sensation in arm or leg when the feeling begins to return). There are nights my wife is paid up in the recliner unable to sleep because of the pain despite the medication she receives. We had to get a select comfort bed with adjustable head and feet for each side so she can try to find relief. Sleep deprivation and constant pain can drive a person to suicide or murder. It hurts me when I go check on my wife and ask her if she needs anything while I’m up and she says to cut her head off so she won’t feel pain anymore.

Constant pain is an issue. I've had major injuries and dental issues to the point and I wanted to remove a tooth myself but I was miserable, distracted, uncomfortable etc but had no desire to kill.

That being said I know people who had back surgies and they could not stand, sit or lie down for any length of time. I can see sleep deprivation turning into something else although for me that was misery.

I'm wondering if he was drug seeking. Many doctors now tell patients if they didn't get or go through their first script of opioid painkillers to take to two motrin and tylenol together. For me it worked on an injury.

Killing the doctors was bad enough but the staff and patient? From patient to pos murderer in seconds.

Old 06-02-2022, 03:57 PM

8,885 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
Here we go again the RWNJ's tell us "Nothing can be done" , "Thoughts and prayers" and "It could be worse" .

What amazing leadership.
Hmmm .... maybe they should seek employment on the left as spokespersons on the issue of illegal immigration. Sounds like a lot of the same stuff we hear whenever the subject of illegals and the carnage they cause is brought up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies