Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2022, 10:40 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Banning guns will only end in balkanization. Conservatives will have 2A sanctuaries, free speech, and the right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. Liberals will have illegal immigrants, rampant crime, abortion past nine months, censorship, child predators, and the ability to use a feather duster as the only means of self defense.
Come on now-they will still have their bongs and rubber dongs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2022, 12:19 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Buy stock in body bags if they try to confiscate guns.
I doubt they would care if if they killed all the remaining gun owners who would shoot rather than give their weapons away. If they thought they had the manpower to do this they would. The problem is local law enforcement and state governors and even our military would not cooperate in this. They'd have to send in UN troops to confiscate the weapons and basically usurp the authority of local and state law enforcement. It would be an all-out civil war.

As I was watching Star Trek Picard I've noticed here's what modern media does to groom people... they promote tolerance of course, for all different colors and genders, and I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing... tolerance is good in moderation. Grooming kids to be a different gender is not, but that's a topic for another thread. They are very good at attacking the "white nationalist" boogeyman as I watched the Q character transport them to a white nationalist xenophobic society in season 2 episode 2. They want so far as to slit the throats and break the necks of the "white nationalist" security guards trying to apprehend them and showed it on screen in a rather graphic manner... nevermind that most white conservatives are not xenophobic nationalists. I welcome all the best and brightest immigrants that can better society. I just don't want the criminals and welfare parasites to come in, bring a further drug problem with them.

At the same time they promote the chain of command. When the leader comes in you obey. You salute. Obedience to authority, especially their authority, is very much pushed among TV series these days. It's not like in past series where the classical liberals of old would question authority. Now that it's their authority, you obey. If you read my posts lately you've heard me say that we have a crisis of inept management and people need to start breaking the chain of command. Of course no leader wants that.

Old 06-02-2022, 01:06 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,575,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
If your family wasn’t here when the 2A was written, to bad. I’m coming to get your guns myself…

That’s how preposterous some people on here sound..

Who sounds preposterous?

Old 06-02-2022, 04:20 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
I watched the debate in congress this morning. No idea how we got so many truly stupid people in one building.

Old 06-02-2022, 06:50 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I watched the debate in congress this morning. No idea how we got so many truly stupid people in one building.
Stupid people elected them.

Old 06-07-2022, 04:03 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
The last time gun control was attempted here, 3% of the citizens kicked the most powerful nation on Earth out of the country and declared it's independence.

Old 06-11-2022, 08:43 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I don't think they will try to take every gun owners gun.

A more logical scenario would be to stop the manufacture of many types of bullets, whilst restricting gun sales.

Michael Moore was trying to advocate this type of policy back when people still watched his boring documentaries.
Speaking of the devil, I mean Michael Moore, he suggest to repeal the 2nd amendment....imagine my shock.
https://citizenfreepress.com/breakin...nt-need-a-gun/

I wonder if he'll repeal his armed bodyguards? Maybe he should ask how the Roof Koreans would have defended themselves during the Rodney King riots without a weapon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWMj-mFUDGA

Old 06-11-2022, 09:45 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I doubt they would care if if they killed all the remaining gun owners who would shoot rather than give their weapons away. If they thought they had the manpower to do this they would. The problem is local law enforcement and state governors and even our military would not cooperate in this. They'd have to send in UN troops to confiscate the weapons and basically usurp the authority of local and state law enforcement. It would be an all-out civil war.

As I was watching Star Trek Picard I've noticed here's what modern media does to groom people... they promote tolerance of course, for all different colors and genders, and I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing... tolerance is good in moderation. Grooming kids to be a different gender is not, but that's a topic for another thread. They are very good at attacking the "white nationalist" boogeyman as I watched the Q character transport them to a white nationalist xenophobic society in season 2 episode 2. They want so far as to slit the throats and break the necks of the "white nationalist" security guards trying to apprehend them and showed it on screen in a rather graphic manner... nevermind that most white conservatives are not xenophobic nationalists. I welcome all the best and brightest immigrants that can better society. I just don't want the criminals and welfare parasites to come in, bring a further drug problem with them.

At the same time they promote the chain of command. When the leader comes in you obey. You salute. Obedience to authority, especially their authority, is very much pushed among TV series these days. It's not like in past series where the classical liberals of old would question authority. Now that it's their authority, you obey. If you read my posts lately you've heard me say that we have a crisis of inept management and people need to start breaking the chain of command. Of course no leader wants that.
Mmmm. Why does it not surprise me that this Picard series would go there with an episode like that. Its interesting how the left encourages violence against opposing points of view and characterizes that opposition as always racist xenophobic goose stepping villains.

Firearms owners are being portrayed in just such a light. If enough folks buy off on that then "whatever means necessary" to obtain the goal of citizen disarmament all the way to using military force to do so becomes acceptable. That conditioning process has been going on for a long time.

Hollywood and television networks have been airing and releasing shows and movies the further that. Though Hollyweird sure hasn't been above raking in mountains of cash for movies that make trigger finger justice a good thing. But outside of John Wick the avenging character(s) are often mild mannered Biden voter types. Who are then victimized and go seek help from the extreme right wing relative they had disowned decades prior.

At any rate for decades now Americans have been conditioned from grammar school on up to be good little leftist citizens that trust and obey the government. Not all kids end up buying it but a good portion do.

However this conditioning has not progressed far enough for the radical left to make the leap. There's still WAY to much opposition for that. But they know their time is limited. Especially as of now. Still they are impatient and unwilling to wait further.

They use these incidents of violence to whip up their base and hope with all they have it will stick overall. We shall see. Yes indeed. With the prospect of a huge shift in power and policy in the looming midterms the radical left needs to move now. And "gun control" is a top priority.

Old 06-11-2022, 09:55 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Our sheriff has already said that he could not enforce any strict gun laws because it would violate his oath to uphold the Constitution.
I bet he would enforce the laws on full automatics in a heartbeat!

Police do not have our best interest in mind, they are out to enforce the state and federal laws.

Watch how fast and aggressive any cop will enforce drug or gun laws!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies