Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2022, 11:00 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
seems so simple, yet escapes the brain function of at least 1.

Remember when playgrounds were roped off? Museums closed?
I do remember the playgrounds being roped off with caution tape. Hiking trails closed, basketball nets taken down, pull up bars removed, tennis nets, gone. Sports and activities, all cancelled. Schools closed.

It was so stupid while it was happening and even dumber in retrospect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2022, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
No. Kids are tough. They get over stuff. Kids whose houses were bombed in WWII, those who suffered famine during WWI turned out ok. Our kids will, too.
Kids are seeing massive increases in mental health issues, suicide attempts, violence, etc. The worst part was that it was predictable and avoidable but the “experts” ignored all evidence that pointed to shutting kids’ worlds down as being more harmful than covid. Many cheered these closures on. It was the wrong decision.

Old 06-02-2022, 11:11 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,993,269 times
Just when you thought these RWNJ's could get any bat chit crazier, they up the bar.

Just tell the RWNJ's anything and they swallow it hook line and sinker.

I like the one where "the Dem party that eats children, led by Hillary'.....

OP did Q send you?

Old 06-02-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
Just when you thought these RWNJ's could get any bat chit crazier, they up the bar.

Just tell the RWNJ's anything and they swallow it hook line and sinker.

I like the one where "the Dem party that eats children, led by Hillary'.....

OP did Q send you?
Are you in the wrong thread?

Old 06-02-2022, 11:17 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,658,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
We seem to have gone off track

The elephant in the room is, clearly, Donald Trump.

What happened in 2020 was the Democrats weaponized COVID to defeat Donald Trump. This is why the COVID response quickly went beyond science and even politics to become part of so many people's cultural identities. It's no surprise the Democrats jumped so quickly onto the shut down everything bandwagon and keep everything masked/shut for as long as possible because it was directly opposite of what Trump wanted. For the Democrats, and a large portion of the country's population, anything Trump wanted or championed is automatically bad, while the exact opposite is automatically good. It was never about science. It was about psychology and paranoia and hysteria and political biases.

That's why the progressive, liberal, EU countries were able to quickly reopen schools and were late to masks and were quick to take off masks because COVID wasn't a political weapon that turned into a cultural weapon. Even today the US still requires anyone flying into the US to show proof of a negative COVID test (exception for illegal migrants, of course) while most EU countries removed those requirements some time ago.

Because I have dual citizenship I pay a lot of attention to COVID policies (note policies, not politics) in the EU and UK and it's startling how different it is from the US.
I never saw any evidence of the Democrats weaponizing Covid to defeat Donald Trump. The Democrats didn't have to do anything. Trump wanted Covid to go away quickly and denied it. He felt Covid was interfering with the economy, which was his main reelection pitch. He wanted to take credit for some things such as ventilators, but refused to do things like encouraging people to wear masks. Don't you remember some of his quotes?

Quote:
You know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April.
Quote:
It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear. And from our shores, we — you know, it could get worse before it gets better. It could maybe go away. We’ll see what happens. Nobody really knows.
Quote:
It’s going to go away, hopefully at the end of the month. And, if not, hopefully it will be soon after that.
Quote:
And I think we’re doing very well on the vaccines but, with or without a vaccine, it’s going to pass, and we’re going to be back to normal.
Quote:
But I will tell you, we’re very close to a vaccine, and we’re very close to therapeutics, really good therapeutics. And — but even without that — I don’t even like to talk about that, because it’s fading away. It’s going to fade away.
Quote:
And frankly, you know, we’ve had a tremendous — a tremendous market, you and I have talked about that, the stock market. Think of it, we’re almost back to where we were, and we’re still in the pandemic, which will be going away, as I say, it’ll be going away. And they scream, how you can you say that? I said, because it’s gonna be going away.
Quote:
The vaccine will end the pandemic. But it’s ending anyway. I mean, they go crazy when I say it. It’s going to peter out and it’s going to end. But we’re going to help the end and we’re gonna make it a lot faster with the vaccine and with the therapeutics and frankly with the cures.

Old 06-02-2022, 11:20 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,575,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I never saw any evidence of the Democrats weaponizing Covid to defeat Donald Trump. The Democrats didn't have to do anything. Trump wanted Covid to go away quickly and denied it. He felt Covid was interfering with the economy, which was his main reelection pitch. He wanted to take credit for some things such as ventilators, but refused to do things like encouraging people to wear masks. Don't you remember some of his quotes?
Unfortunately memories are very selective when dealing with this crowd

Old 06-02-2022, 11:21 AM

17,618 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I do remember the playgrounds being roped off with caution tape. Hiking trails closed, basketball nets taken down, pull up bars removed, tennis nets, gone. Sports and activities, all cancelled. Schools closed.

It was so stupid while it was happening and even dumber in retrospect.
The Democrats would do it all over again, too. That's the scary part and why everyone needs to vote against every (D) on the ballot for the foreseeable future.

Old 06-02-2022, 11:23 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
The left are definitely in denial about this one, still justifying their positions even now after all the collateral damage that occurred. Just goes to show you how easy it is for people to rationalize their choices even after they are proven to be flawed.

At least they are honest about who they are now. In the past they would have gone all moderate because it's an election year, but now they stick to their guns as they go down with the ship.

Old 06-02-2022, 11:26 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,251,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The Democrats would do it all over again, too. That's the scary part and why everyone needs to vote against every (D) on the ballot for the foreseeable future.
Of course you know that was done when Trump was president!? March of 2020.
Biden became president 8 months later.
did your kids miss out on the big basketball scholarship? was that the lasting damage of which your refer to in your OP?

Old 06-02-2022, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Masking never worked. The evidence didn’t support mass masking pre covid and doesn’t support it now. But sure, keep blaming Trump for everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies