Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2022, 01:27 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times

Advertisements

show of hands....who thinks this was an accident

If the Census Bureau had reported the correct numbers...blue states would have lost seats in Congress...and lost Electoral College votes....red states would have gained

"The Census Bureau acknowledged that 14 states had significant miscounts in the 2020 census. See if you notice a pattern here: Among the overcounted states are Hawaii, Delaware, Rhode Island, Minnesota, New York and Massachusetts. Five of these six voted for Joe Biden in that year’s presidential election. The undercounted states were Texas, Illinois, Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee and Arkansas. Five of these six voted for Donald Trump. "

"There was significant surprise that population growth winners such as Texas and Florida didn’t gain more seats."

"Simply put, the revised figures show that (mostly) red states had even quicker relative population growth compared to the rest of the country — and especially compared to (mostly) blue states. It is entirely possible that undercounted states could have gained at least one seat in Congress, while overcounted states may have lost at least one each. "

"the Electoral College determines the weight per state based on the total representatives and senators. The loss or gain of a single seat affects two Electoral College votes — the one gained by one party, and thus lost by the other."

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...-to-democrats/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2022, 01:42 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Libs have successfully infiltrated and corrupted every department of the federal gov't.

A MASSIVE purge is needed, but I doubt it will ever happen. Republicans are only slightly better, & there's so few Conservatives left, they can't get anything cut.

The gov't now consumes ~50% of GDP and growing rapidly, & they have zero incentive to shrink it all.

The parasite will kill its host...just a matter of when.

Of course the counts were partisan, but the Pubs are trying to plug the holes w/ gerrymandering, which is a temp fix.

Will the Census go back & correct the counts? That is the million dollar question. I predict not.

Old 06-02-2022, 01:45 PM

43,098 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
show of hands....who thinks this was an accident

If the Census Bureau had reported the correct numbers...blue states would have lost seats in Congress...and lost Electoral College votes....red states would have gained

"The Census Bureau acknowledged that 14 states had significant miscounts in the 2020 census. See if you notice a pattern here: Among the overcounted states are Hawaii, Delaware, Rhode Island, Minnesota, New York and Massachusetts. Five of these six voted for Joe Biden in that year’s presidential election. The undercounted states were Texas, Illinois, Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee and Arkansas. Five of these six voted for Donald Trump. "

"There was significant surprise that population growth winners such as Texas and Florida didn’t gain more seats."

"Simply put, the revised figures show that (mostly) red states had even quicker relative population growth compared to the rest of the country — and especially compared to (mostly) blue states. It is entirely possible that undercounted states could have gained at least one seat in Congress, while overcounted states may have lost at least one each. "

"the Electoral College determines the weight per state based on the total representatives and senators. The loss or gain of a single seat affects two Electoral College votes — the one gained by one party, and thus lost by the other."

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...-to-democrats/
Absolutely nothing surprises me. The Dems will never lose power again...they have made sure of that.

Old 06-02-2022, 01:48 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
It sounds like half the problem is the people in red states refused to participate in the census, which I think we'd all agree, is very likely to have happened.

Lots of posters on here stated they were planning to refuse to cooperate.

Old 06-02-2022, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It sounds like half the problem is the people in red states refused to participate in the census, which I think we'd all agree, is very likely to have happened.

Well you should call up the Census Bureau and let them know you know why it happened.

And what about the blue states ? Don't you have a reason for the over counting ?

Old 06-02-2022, 01:51 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

The census was conducted on Trump's watch, and the red states didn't do a good job of counting their residents, sounds like.

TMS - do you think the Census bureau is NOT aware that there are pockets of people who will refuse to be counted, and even will threaten to shoot census takers who come on their property? I say this as a former canvasser.

Agreed?

Old 06-02-2022, 01:53 PM

Quote:
The census was conducted on Trump's watch, and the red states didn't do a good job of counting their residents, sounds like.

TMS - do you think the Census bureau is NOT aware that there are pockets of people who will refuse to be counted, and even will threaten to shoot census takers who come on their property? I say this as a former canvasser.

Agreed?
Ok you gave your reason. Now why were blue states overcounted ?

Old 06-02-2022, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Ok you gave your reason. Now why were blue states overcounted ?
I have no idea.

The Census Bureau itself says that although the total numbers of people counted is accurate - white people are over counted and people of color are undercounted.

So there's that.

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/pres...ent%20censuses.

Old 06-02-2022, 02:00 PM

Quote:

red states were undercounted.....blue states were way overcounted...if you read it...you would know that

If people in red states refused to participate...how the hell do they know they were undercounted

Old 06-02-2022, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Libs have successfully infiltrated and corrupted every department of the federal gov't.

A MASSIVE purge is needed, but I doubt it will ever happen. Republicans are only slightly better, & there's so few Conservatives left, they can't get anything cut.

The gov't now consumes ~50% of GDP and growing rapidly, & they have zero incentive to shrink it all.

The parasite will kill its host...just a matter of when.

Of course the counts were partisan, but the Pubs are trying to plug the holes w/ gerrymandering, which is a temp fix.

Will the Census go back & correct the counts? That is the million dollar question. I predict not.
.....this is way way too much....and every time in the democrats favor...to be chance or an accident
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies