Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2022, 07:15 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times

Advertisements

What is dumb is that the shooter claims to have been bullied for being poor yet he had a few thousand dollars to waste on guns? When we think about it he could have managed the same carnage with a $10 machete from Harbor Freight.

This loser is so typical of the poor mindset. I have known people like this. They don't have the rent money. They don't have money to buy their kids Christmas presents yet they have plenty to buy cigarettes, coffees and scratch tickets everyday.

Schools should be teaching less about Gender bending and CRT and focus instead on how to manage money and above all Life Coping Skills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2022, 07:17 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
i assumed he just hoarded the income from his wendy's job. it's hard to imagine the store fronting a loan of a couple thousand dollars to a weird 18 year old kid.

Old 06-03-2022, 07:21 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i assumed he just hoarded the income from his wendy's job. it's hard to imagine the store fronting a loan of a couple thousand dollars to a weird 18 year old kid.

That screenshot of the website indicates it's a separate finance company. I'm sure the store gets a cut but if the shooter defaults, it's on the finance company.

Old 06-03-2022, 07:22 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
Does anyone question this?
It's been answered.

He used a debit card.

Which means, after working for Wendy's for years, and living off his parents and grandparents, he had amassed a couple thousand dollars.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/25/us/uv...now/index.html

Old 06-03-2022, 07:24 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What is dumb is that the shooter claims to have been bullied for being poor yet he had a few thousand dollars to waste on guns? When we think about it he could have managed the same carnage with a $10 machete from Harbor Freight.

This loser is so typical of the poor mindset. I have known people like this. They don't have the rent money. They don't have money to buy their kids Christmas presents yet they have plenty to buy cigarettes, coffees and scratch tickets everyday.

Schools should be teaching less about Gender bending and CRT and focus instead on how to manage money and above all Life Coping Skills.
His father was the one who claimed he'd been bullied, for having only one pair of pants that were highwaters, and for "looking poor", and that was while he was in school. He dropped out at 16 and had worked at Wendy's ever since.

So, years prior to this shooting.

Old 06-03-2022, 07:25 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's been answered.

He used a debit card.

Which means, after working for Wendy's for years, and living off his parents and grandparents, he had amassed a couple thousand dollars.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/25/us/uv...now/index.html
Yes, it's been explained repeatedly that 30hrs./week x $13+ at fast food is >400/week.

Living at grandmas he could squirrel away thousands pretty quickly.

OP was too lazy to do any reading before arriving at their conclusion.

Old 06-03-2022, 07:27 AM

491 posts, read 394,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
At this point nothing would surprise me.
Pretty damn sad that you would even think this remotely possible or that the other person made the FBI comment felt it was necessary. Joking or not. There are enough nutjobs on the pro-gun side to read this and just take their fanaticism just a step further if they were to believe this. We do not need more crap like this out here helping us at all.

Old 06-03-2022, 07:30 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryfreak View Post
Pretty damn sad that you would even think this remotely possible or that the other person made the FBI comment felt it was necessary. Joking or not. There are enough nutjobs on the pro-gun side to read this and just take their fanaticism just a step further if they were to believe this. We do not need more crap like this out here helping us at all.
Except that there is factual precedent of the FBI grooming/ setting up individuals to commit acts of violence.
Blind spot noted.

Old 06-03-2022, 07:36 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,601,915 times
Without going back and

searching, I think he had a regular job in a fast food place.

Lived with his family.

Old 06-03-2022, 07:40 AM

19,033 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The FBI?

Absolutely special ops job. Find an unstable mind, gently guide it into psychosis, supply with proper tools, release, when needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies