Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2022, 07:30 AM

594 posts, read 894,234 times

Advertisements

Confederate flags are banned from CMA country music festival, officials announce:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...262083862.html

Quote:
“In line with our first CMA Fest lineup announcement in early April, our event policy was published on our website, which states any behavior that causes one of our attendees to fear for their personal safety will not be tolerated, and that is inclusive of any displays of the Confederate flag.”

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...#storylink=cpy
So country music is now woke?

By the way, I used to love country music before I knew English. As soon as I understood what they were singing about, I couldn't stand it any more.

Old 06-03-2022, 07:31 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Yeah good luck with banning that at country music shows!

What a dumb idea, Id love to know who came up with this idea.

Old 06-03-2022, 07:37 AM

45,217 posts, read 26,427,822 times
Not surprising since NASCAR went woke. Hopefully folks will show up en masse in direct defiance of the ban.

Old 06-03-2022, 07:42 AM

19,016 posts, read 27,579,284 times
Or not.
It is heartbreaking to observe, how once great and proud country and people is cowardly disposing of its own history by demand of some vocal few.

Old 06-03-2022, 07:45 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,587,421 times
Its the elites running these groups. Corporate elites who have little to do with the groups they run.

Old 06-03-2022, 11:53 AM

73,003 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsushi View Post
Confederate flags are banned from CMA country music festival, officials announce:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...262083862.html

So country music is now woke?

By the way, I used to love country music before I knew English. As soon as I understood what they were singing about, I couldn't stand it any more.
I'm not going to lie. I would actually feel very comfortable at a place where no Confederate flags are being flown or displayed. When I see a Confederate flag, I think of the Confederate cause, I think of the bigots who marched AGAINST integration, I think about the Confederates who fought to keep slavery. As a Black man who does occasionally listen to country music (and who has been to two country music concerts), I find the Confederate flag to be very disgusting.

The first country music concert I ever went to, I was one of about 6 Black people at the concert (ALL of them men). None of the Black persons there had anything to do with the Confederate flag.

Old 06-03-2022, 12:00 PM

73,003 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Or not.
It is heartbreaking to observe, how once great and proud country and people is cowardly disposing of its own history by demand of some vocal few.
I'm perfectly happy not to see Confederate flags at any concert. I'm not heartbroken. Give me a reason why I should be okay with Confederate flags flying ANYWHERE in America. Because I don't see any good reason.

Old 06-03-2022, 12:07 PM

25,710 posts, read 18,784,900 times
A hundred sixty years ago, what we call the confederate flag was a battle flag for CSA forces. Forty years ago, the "confederate" flag had morphed into something different--sort of a "I'm rebellious" flag or anti-government flag. Nowadays most people take it as an "I hate black people" flag. I don't. Because I lived through an era where it didn't mean that in popular culture. But ultimately, these days, the left is as offended by the confederate battle flag as I am the rainbow flag.

My flag these days is the Moultrie flag and Gadsden flag. Of course, the left has been turning those flags into something they are not as well. But oh well. Screw em.

As an aside, I stopped at a local gas station yesterday and there was guy on a chopper bike getting gas as I went in to get a drink. I wouldn't have even noticed him except that he was riding a chopper (pretty rare around these parts nowadays). As I looked over there, the first thing I noticed is that the guy had to have been pushing eighty years old. Still had the leather biker jacket and long hair (what was left of it). On the back of his bike was an American flag and a confederate battle flag. I'll bet he was still interpreting that flag the way we did back in 1975. I wonder how many death threats the old guy has gotten.

Old 06-03-2022, 12:11 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,281,411 times
I get not wanting to promote "hate" but when does censorship step over the line to violation of first amendment rights? They are a private company and can ban whatever they want, and the citizens can vote with their wallets I suppose.

Old 06-03-2022, 12:14 PM

5,276 posts, read 6,209,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Or not.
The Confederacy was never a functional country and lasted a shorter time period than most sitcoms. Why should I worry about disposing of its Remnants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies