Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2022, 09:57 AM

17,644 posts, read 6,918,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The percentage of Americans who evaluate their lives poorly enough to be considered “suffering” on Gallup’s Life Evaluation Index was 5.6% in July, the highest since the index’s inception in 2008. This exceeds the previous high of 4.8% measured in April and is statistically higher than all prior estimates in the COVID-19 era. Across extensive measurement since January 2008, the suffering percentage has reached 4.5% or higher on a handful of occasions.
Quote:
Again, all of this is bad enough for Americans on its own. Consider, however, what this kind of environment means in an election cycle, and then ask yourselves whether pollsters are cognizant enough of this context to properly model what this environment will produce in November.
Link: https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022...-index-n491377

The article also highlights the fact that real disposable income has shrunk for five quarters in a row. I hope the Biden voters are happy about the economic destruction they caused. They were warned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2022, 10:14 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
Obama offered HOPE and he fell flat.

Trump brought the Promise of America back and for those that wanted to get on the MAGA Train it was an incredible Patriotic ride that brought us happiness, prosperity, general safety and the Hope for a bigger and brighter future for us all.

Biden brought us right back to the Doom and Gloom where America's Best Days are behind us and the future looks bleak.

The Left harps on the Doom of Climate Change, the ever threatening Covid and the Monkey Pox and they have even created new monsters in the "Rise of White Supremacy" the "Domestic Terrorists" and the "UBER ULTRA (do we even have to mention RACIST!) CULT of MAGA Deplorables"

Is there any wonder that people are suffering when there are so many problems that the Democrats created and are doing nothing about? Well they are trying to spend their way out of the mess but that is only making people more doubtful of the future as inflation grows.... of course the Biden admin lies to us that there is no Inflation but we are living it every time we go to the store.

How gullible do they think we are?

The average citizen is suffering and Biden has no plans but to double down and crush us.

It is like they are trying to teach us a lesson for having dared to elect an outsider to DC in 2020.

Old 08-22-2022, 10:16 AM

467 posts, read 778,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Trump brought the Promise of America back and for those that wanted to get on the MAGA Train it was an incredible Patriotic ride that brought us happiness, prosperity, general safety and the Hope for a bigger and brighter future for us all.
Holy Jonestown!

Old 08-22-2022, 10:24 AM

26,428 posts, read 46,599,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedew View Post
Holy Jonestown!
People need to stop falling for grandiose delusions that the two party system will never solve.

Old 08-22-2022, 02:05 PM

1,884 posts, read 1,003,505 times
Not saying Biden did everything right (he certainly didn't), but I have major trouble with the logic of "things are bad, therefore Biden is the cause, therefore vote GOP". I've seen bicep tears that were less of a stretch. But what do I know?

Old 08-22-2022, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
Not saying Biden did everything right (he certainly didn't), but I have major trouble with the logic of "things are bad, therefore Biden is the cause, therefore vote GOP". I've seen bicep tears that were less of a stretch. But what do I know?
Name one thing Biden did that was right.

Old 08-22-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Name one thing Biden did that was right.
You missed the point, I'm not playing your game.

Old 08-22-2022, 02:28 PM

20,051 posts, read 20,867,177 times
I’ve been suffering since the day Obama took office.
He got in and the country has been a poop sandwich ever since.
Hate that scumbag piece of garbage.

Old 08-22-2022, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
You missed the point, I'm not playing your game.
It's not a game. Biden hasn't done anything right, especially when it comes to the economy. That is why the "suffering index" is at an all time high, and it also explains your inability to respond.

Hopefully another 2 years of this crap will educate you. Obviously you're fine with the first two years of failure.

Old 08-22-2022, 02:38 PM

Quote:
It's not a game. Biden hasn't done anything right, especially when it comes to the economy.
Sure, I can't think of any.

Quote:
That is why the "suffering index" is at an all time high, and it also explains your inability to respond.
*stretch*

Quote:
Hopefully another 2 years of this crap will educate you. Obviously you're fine with the first two years of failure.
No, I am not.

You could be right, but please put some substance in your rhetoric. Suffering is a complex issue. But I suppose that's why this is P&OC and not Philosophy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies