Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2022, 08:07 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
A lot of those little stories and ditties that we now call nursery rhymes were originally political commentaries. Back in their day we probably wouldn't have considered them suitable for children either.

That said, I am not happy with little children being exposed to drag queens. There is a new series on Discovery+ channel about kids competing in drag outfits. Let's see how long that one lasts.
That's your biased opinion.

This year seems to be the year of transitioning the youngest of the children..in schools, in the media, in recommended books.
I don't understand why 4 year olds even need to be introduced to this stuff. They are of an age that they accept everyone without question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2022, 08:10 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
That's your biased opinion.
You have a problem with people expressing their Opinions on a public forum? I really don't understand why you even bothered to say this. /shrug

Oh, now I see you added more to your comment. You are agreeing with me that this drag queen stuff is not suitable for young children.

Old 06-05-2022, 08:16 AM

2,869 posts, read 1,149,746 times
Another business that's off my patronize list.

Old 06-05-2022, 08:18 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
You have a problem with people expressing their Opinions on a public forum? I really don't understand why you even bothered to say this. /shrug

Oh, now I see you added more to your comment. You are agreeing with me that this drag queen stuff is not suitable for young children.
Here you are saying Humpty Dumpty wasn't suitable for kids way back when. Based on what evidence ?

Seems to me the younger generations with their newfound sexual tales are worse off mentally then those that grew up reading Humpty Dumpty and those types of stories.

Old 06-05-2022, 08:22 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
But that's entirely the point isn't it?

The parents don't want this stuff taught to their 5 year olds, and poll after poll shows it.

Same goes for CRT.

And they certainly don't want hormone blockers given to their children. (Yes, that's a thing!)

But the Leftie wackos keep doing it, and silent apologists certainly aren't helping. It's amazing to the majority of us that some people simply don't have sufficient common sense to easily comprehend that 5 year olds shouldn't be learning about drag queens. Period.

It'll have to be remedied in November. Democrat school boards will be decimated, just like in Virginia last November.
Oh, thats great...schools are 'indoctrinating' your kids into this wacky stuff and your idea is to wait til election day, in an attempt to stop it? LOL

Parents back in the day, would have probably taken their shot gun to the school the moment they found out about such a thing.

Old 06-05-2022, 08:52 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Oh, thats great...schools are 'indoctrinating' your kids into this wacky stuff and your idea is to wait til election day, in an attempt to stop it? LOL

I don't have any kids.

But parents aren't waiting. They've gone to school board meetings and have then been slandered by the Biden FBI as "terrorists" for daring to "attempt to stop it". Har de har har.

They've also already decimated a surplus of Democratic school boards in special elections across the country.

And yes, in November, a mere 5 months from now - it will culminate in a tumultuous and stunning rebuke of the "woke" sickness that has become entrenched in our educational institutions.

But it's not just this issue - there will be a backlash to everything the Left stands for, and - at the Federal Level - the Democratic Party is about to be locked out of any real power for a long time to come.

But it won't be an insurrection. It's called democracy in action.

LOL.

Old 06-05-2022, 08:54 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Here you are saying Humpty Dumpty wasn't suitable for kids way back when. Based on what evidence ?

Seems to me the younger generations with their newfound sexual tales are worse off mentally then those that grew up reading Humpty Dumpty and those types of stories.
These should get you started. I googled "nursery rhymes with political meaning" I think I first learned about the origins of nursery rhymes back in a college class about Literature in the Elementary School.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...lj22wvRJ1CzCVQ

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...IBv89WpTFuROa0

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...Z7N7gv-F5Nabl1

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...hcFrBlQIxmfJ7k

Last edited by ansible90; 06-05-2022 at 10:17 AM..

Old 06-05-2022, 10:30 AM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Ordered some Pizza Hut to support Book It this weekend. But man, Pizza Hut is just a horrible pizza these days. Bring back the 80s recipes.

Old 06-05-2022, 03:26 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
To me, this kind of thinking is more dangerous than teaching children that some kids have two dads or two moms or telling them that some people identify differently than others. You're promoting hatred to people who simply have the audacity to disagree with you. That can be very dangerous.
What does that have to do with young children and Drag Queens?

Not a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies