Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2022, 11:40 AM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Almost everyday in Canada is a slow news day, and it's great.

The point sailed over your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2022, 12:19 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
And none of that is true for the military/veterans? Lol
No, not nearly to the same degree. Lol.

Old 06-07-2022, 12:47 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,911,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
So others aren't safe from conversion, but you are? Hmmmm.

Nothing wrong with admitting that you could be. Something wrong with admitting you are, but don't agree that others who are, can live their lives without discrimination.
No one is "safe". Have you ever heard the expression "but for the grace of God go I"?

The road to salvation is narrow and difficult, and it involves suffering and dying to self.

I never said anything about discrimination, so I don't know what you're referring to.

Old 06-07-2022, 12:47 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
In other post I stated lgb people are indoctrinating young children in things they should never be involved in.
Some flat out stated that was not true.
Then today I read this...
https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...drag-kids.html

Old 06-07-2022, 01:14 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
In other post I stated lgb people are indoctrinating young children in things they should never be involved in.
Some flat out stated that was not true.
Then today I read this...
https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...drag-kids.html
more about that:

Andrew Carroll said in an interview that he hopes children who saw him perform at the gay bar can be inspired to become transvestites themselves.

nah. no indoctrination whatsoever.

Old 06-07-2022, 01:16 PM

It's built into our nature to want to reproduce.

Since they choose not to reproduce the natural way, this is how they do it.

Old 06-07-2022, 02:14 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,235,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Being a gay man, I really need to respond to your post.
First off, I need to ask you, why is it so imperative that gay people need to "come out", demand equal treatment, be put on a pedestal , or even be recognized at all?
Why not just live one's life naturally like most people do?
Why this incessant need to be noticed?
Why do these people need public notoriety?

I realized in my late teens that I was gay, and to this day, most would never suspect that I am.
The reason being, I never felt I needed to prance around making a fool of myself, demanding that society recognize me for being gay.
Over the years some have questioned me about being gay, because I had no female partners in my life.
I would never deny I am gay when asked, nor would I embellish the fact that I am gay.
I never saw the need too.
One should just lead, and live their life as a human being.
I have never in my entire life been refused housing, a job, lodging, entrance in a restaurant, been denied financing, or any of the things you mentioned.
The reason being, I never made a spectacle of my lifestyle.
The fact that I am gay, is no one's business but mine.
I never felt it necessary to announce to the world I am gay.

I have had lasting, loving relationships throughout my long life, and those I truly believe were a gift from God.
The almighty looks at me no different that any other human being.
He has blessed me with life and love for all these years, and has instilled in me pride in knowing who, and what I am.
John Q. public has no need to know anything about my life.
The gay community could take a few lessons.
Good for you but that is not everybody's experience growing up gay.
I too knew when I was in my early teens that I was gay. But being in a small town, I had to hide it, at what turned out to be great detriment to me. I never got to have any kind of relationship in HS. Whenever anyone asked if I was gay, I quickly responded no to make sure I wasn't bullied.
As for discrimination...I personally suffered from it when I was in college...I was working a part time job at a clothing retailer. I was given as many hrs as I wanted and they always had me up in the front of the store. One day during my break when I had gone to get lunch in the food court, my bf showed up...we just held hands and talked...and when my break was over, he gave me a kiss on the cheek. As soon as I got back to work, the manager told me to go work in the storage room, and then during the ensuing several weeks, my hrs were cut almost in half. Finally I asked around and one of the asst store managers said that the Store Mgr saw you holding hands and kissing another guy and he didn't think it would be good to have a gay guy working w/ the public in the store. Needless to say instead of turning it into some big issue, I quit and went to work at another store that didn't care.
Another instance...I knew a coworker of mine in the Charlotte area taht was trying to rent an apt w/ his bf. Both had good credit and both had good jobs. 2 Landlords wouldn't rent their houses to them because of being gay. Finally they found a place that didn't care.
The 3rd and most egregious instance occurred to my friends in Cincinnati...they got married in MD when MD became one of the states that allowed same sex marriage. Unfortunately the one partner got really sick as he was diagnosed w/ ALS...he eventually passed away...Ohio refused to list the surviving partner as the other guys spouse...and because of that, the cemetary where he had a burial plot was not going to allow his partner to purchase the plot next to him...

Old 06-07-2022, 02:17 PM

2,529 posts, read 1,860,003 times
"Gay pride month" is dumb.

Old 06-07-2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Good for you but that is not everybody's experience growing up gay.
I too knew when I was in my early teens that I was gay. But being in a small town, I had to hide it, at what turned out to be great detriment to me. I never got to have any kind of relationship in HS. Whenever anyone asked if I was gay, I quickly responded no to make sure I wasn't bullied.
As for discrimination...I personally suffered from it when I was in college...I was working a part time job at a clothing retailer. I was given as many hrs as I wanted and they always had me up in the front of the store. One day during my break when I had gone to get lunch in the food court, my bf showed up...we just held hands and talked...and when my break was over, he gave me a kiss on the cheek. As soon as I got back to work, the manager told me to go work in the storage room, and then during the ensuing several weeks, my hrs were cut almost in half. Finally I asked around and one of the asst store managers said that the Store Mgr saw you holding hands and kissing another guy and he didn't think it would be good to have a gay guy working w/ the public in the store. Needless to say instead of turning it into some big issue, I quit and went to work at another store that didn't care.
Another instance...I knew a coworker of mine in the Charlotte area taht was trying to rent an apt w/ his bf. Both had good credit and both had good jobs. 2 Landlords wouldn't rent their houses to them because of being gay. Finally they found a place that didn't care.
The 3rd and most egregious instance occurred to my friends in Cincinnati...they got married in MD when MD became one of the states that allowed same sex marriage. Unfortunately the one partner got really sick as he was diagnosed w/ ALS...he eventually passed away...Ohio refused to list the surviving partner as the other guys spouse...and because of that, the cemetary where he had a burial plot was not going to allow his partner to purchase the plot next to him...
Is this supposed to make us feel sorry for you? Boo hoo. Life is hard. Man up and deal with it. Frankly it seems to me like you've had it pretty easy.

Old 06-07-2022, 02:34 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,235,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Correct. Trump tried to do a huge military parade to honor the military and their service and got crucified and accused this wasn't China by the same people that are ok in pushing Gay Pride parades of 1 group of people gloating that they like to take if from behind and act like completely fools in public and destroy anybody that disagrees with them.
So here's the difference w/ that...a gay pride parade doesn't cost Tax payers that much...just the cost of shutting down a few streets for a couple hrs and maybe some OT for local Law Enforcement...Taxpayers aren't paying for the floats or anything else.

A huge military parade similar to what you say at Mayday in Moscow, or in Beijing is going to cost taxpayers a lot...not only do you close roads down and pay for law enforcement...you're paying the cost of moving very expensive military equipment from their bases to the parade route...city streets weren't made to handle the weight of some of those military tanks and other equipment, so they would need to pay for street repairs...you'd have to pay all the cadets and military personal extra to march...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies