Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2022, 12:33 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,235,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
But your relationship with your boyfriend is not the "exact same as any heterosexual relationship". You said it yourself, it's obvious that you are "gay".

In some societies, platonic friends hold hands and it is not a signifier of any romantic or sexual involvement.

However, in our society holding hands is a definite signal that the two are romantically involved.

If you love another person, that means that you want and work for their ultimate good. Engaging in a sexual act with a person of the same sex does not work toward anyone's good, so it cannot by definition be an act of love.
This is total BS...the act of sex in a loving relationship is good...when I've had it in loving relationship it was a good thing for both of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2022, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
"civil rights" to engage in deviant sex

"equality" to engage in deviant sex

"ability to be yourself" which is engaging in deviant sex
Go back to the dark ages w/ this messed up belief

Old 06-08-2022, 12:40 PM

13,060 posts, read 7,493,946 times
Last time I met a self-professed veteran, USN 2003-2007 (Late May), he wanted a couple of dollars.
YVMV

I gave him the couple of dollars and with that, I now had the right to tell him to straighten up. I doubt it helped.
YVMV

Old 06-08-2022, 12:41 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Do tell, what civil rights were gays denied? I mean real, government sanctioned rights violations. Individual people are allowed to dislike you. That's their right. I've heard of very, very few violations of the civil rights of gays that don't also happen to heterosexuals. An individual being homophobic is not a violation of your civil rights. Real examples, please, of systemic denial of civil rights to homosexuals in recent years.
The right to assemble, associate. The right to organize without discrimination or fear of arrest. The right to marry. Discrimination in employment banned from work in the government. To not be targeted by the police, beaten and arrested for being in a nightclub.

Old 06-08-2022, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Do you think everyone who attends a Pride parade is gay? They are not.

So in Pride month everyone can celebrate; including those heterosexuals who have a relative, friend or loved one who is gay.
At Cleveland Pride on Saturday I saw several parents wearing shirts saying "I support my Gay Son" or I love my Trans Daughter....there was even a group of Christians from a local church...several straight couples...giving out free hugs to everyone at Pride...they were carrying signs apologizing to the LGBT community for the way the Christian Church has treated us in the past.
So yes, more than just LGBTQ folks attend Pride Celebrations.

Old 06-08-2022, 01:24 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
At Cleveland Pride on Saturday I saw several parents wearing shirts saying "I support my Gay Son" or I love my Trans Daughter....there was even a group of Christians from a local church...several straight couples...giving out free hugs to everyone at Pride...they were carrying signs apologizing to the LGBT community for the way the Christian Church has treated us in the past.
How wonderful!

Old 06-08-2022, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
How wonderful!
Definitely appreciated the free hugs...even from strangers...amazing how a good hug can lift one's spirits.
Something I've missed the last 2 years during the pandemic.

Old 06-08-2022, 01:35 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
This is absolutly true. It is also true that virtue signalers are almost always those devoid of virtue.

Old 06-08-2022, 01:45 PM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
The right to assemble, associate. The right to organize without discrimination or fear of arrest. The right to marry. Discrimination in employment banned from work in the government. To not be targeted by the police, beaten and arrested for being in a nightclub.
Right to marry - fair enough.
Can you point to laws that prohibited gays from assembling? Or organizing?
Fear of arrest? Not exclusive to gays. Someone being gay is not a legal reason to arrest someone.
The police have never been allowed by law to beat and arrest people for no other reason than being gay.
Bad behavior by individuals, even under color authority, is not indicative of government sanctioned systemic discrimination.

Your confusing socially sanctioned bigotry with rights violations. Not the same thing. Wrong, for sure, but not necessarily a civil rights issue.
Personally, I'm very pleased about recent improvements regarding acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community. Why anyone gets themselves all riled up over someone else's sexuality is a mystery to me. I don't even care that you want to have PRIDE parades. I just don't understand why. I think no more of someone's sexuality than I do about the color of their hair, so I'd be equally baffled if Brown Hair Pride month was a thing.

Old 06-08-2022, 02:59 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Right to marry - fair enough.
Can you point to laws that prohibited gays from assembling? Or organizing?
Fear of arrest? Not exclusive to gays. Someone being gay is not a legal reason to arrest someone.
The police have never been allowed by law to beat and arrest people for no other reason than being gay.
Bad behavior by individuals, even under color authority, is not indicative of government sanctioned systemic discrimination.

Your confusing socially sanctioned bigotry with rights violations. Not the same thing. Wrong, for sure, but not necessarily a civil rights issue.
Personally, I'm very pleased about recent improvements regarding acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community. Why anyone gets themselves all riled up over someone else's sexuality is a mystery to me. I don't even care that you want to have PRIDE parades. I just don't understand why. I think no more of someone's sexuality than I do about the color of their hair, so I'd be equally baffled if Brown Hair Pride month was a thing.
Someone being gay was used as a reason by police to harass, beat and arrest. Have you heard of Stonewall nightclub in NY? Gays were targeted by police, this was common place for gay people in the 60s and before. It’s only thru activism that this isn’t tolerated anymore.

Check out The Lavender Scare when our government thought gay people were a threat to national security. There was mass dismissal from government jobs. Gays were discriminated against in almost every aspect of life for decades. Don’t ask don’t tell. I’m not up on the latest regulations in the military now but your sexuality shouldn’t be something that stops you from serving your country

It’s much deeper than someone not liking who you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies