Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2022, 04:25 PM

11,619 posts, read 6,086,967 times

Advertisements

I don't know what to think about a 12 year old criminal of any color. I am stumped.

Kids don't know right from wrong until around age 8. Boys mature more slowly. I am sure there are 12 year old boys that still don't know right from wrong and certainly don't have a complete grasp of the consequences of their actions.

I don't believe that children just go along being normal kiddies for 10 years and then sudden wake up at 12 years old and decide to behave like hardened criminals, grab a gun and go rob somebody. These kids are caught young and groomed to be this way by older kids and adults. Gangs are notorious for forcing very young children to join and groom them as gang bangers, leaving them very little choice.

If the young child's single mother doesn't have the sense or wherewithall to move and so remove him from gang influence, the kid is doomed. You get 10 year old gang bangers this way.

The innocent child who is force-recruited into crime by older criminals is not to blame for how he ends up. He was groomed. He didn't choose it.

So you end up with a 12 year old behaving like a hardened criminal. He is already brainwashed. All of his positive reinforcement is received from behaving like a criminal. Everything he does that a normal child does in civilized society, he gets demeaned, bullied, and beaten up for doing.

At the same time, we have to do something with this now 12 year old hardened criminal and it is not very likely we can reverse the brainwashing by his close knit support system of street criminals. What do you do with him? He is now bound for a life of crime and prison.

I don't know how we fix or avoid this problem. It seems too entrenched and too wide spread to fix. Obviously, removing 5 year old boys from this influence is the answer so they don't become 12 year old criminals, but how to remove 5 year old boys from this influence is the enigma.

I have no clue.

Frankly, I am even more baffled by all of the young female criminals today. Young ladies fighting, assaulting people, stabbing and shooting people. Young ladies are not typically criminals. It takes a lot of work and time and effort to turn your normal young lady into a criminal. Think about that one.

How did we get here?

American civilization is going to hell in an handbasket. I don't have an answer.

I always come back to the same impulse -- that I am grateful to be in my 60s and hopeful to die before I see things become a lot worse. Grateful I was born in the 1950s and not born today where I would have to go through a lifetime with all of the worsening problems we have today.

I thank God almost every day that I was not born later than I was. I only wish I had been born sooner and would not have had to see any of this. But that's OK. God has his plan and I am just fine with being near the end now so I don't have to see what is going to come over the next 100 or 200 years of tyranny, crime, chaos, and moral collapse. The suffering and carnage is difficult to watch today.

Thank you Lord God for sparing me having to see the wretchedness that is coming over the next hundred or 200 years. I could not handle it.

Last edited by Igor Blevin; 06-04-2022 at 04:40 PM..

Old 06-04-2022, 04:27 PM

25,898 posts, read 18,912,808 times
If you're old enough to commit a crime with a handgun, you are old enough to be shot in self-defense.

Old 06-04-2022, 04:32 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,765,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
If you're old enough to commit a crime with a handgun, you are old enough to be shot in self-defense.
I don't think that's in question.

Old 06-04-2022, 04:33 PM

5,116 posts, read 2,060,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Sounds like someone was introduced to the "rights" part of the gun ownership.
Not the "responsibilities."
As Spider-man might said "with great power come great responsabilities".

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
The fact is, some people are just pieces of excrement. Simple as that.
Yeah but however, we might not exclude the possibility then some young folks robs as a gang initiation to join a gang.

Old 06-04-2022, 04:43 PM

19,859 posts, read 12,139,830 times
It sounds like the cashier knows this little thug. When she hands him the bag it sounds like she says "Here, get out, Ryan. Here, get out."

He fired a gun during an armed robbery. Hopefully the DA goes after him hard.

Old 06-04-2022, 05:02 PM

30,483 posts, read 21,349,715 times
Needs to be slapped and gassed.

Old 06-04-2022, 05:04 PM

78,560 posts, read 60,762,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
At $5 a gallon for gas, who is robbing who???
For gas, the profit margin on gas is very low for the gas station, they make their money selling you lottery tickets and 5 cents of beverage for $1.50.

Most of your "robbing" is from countries that sell oil which is also another word for supply and demand.

Old 06-04-2022, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It sounds like the cashier knows this little thug. When she hands him the bag it sounds like she says "Here, get out, Ryan. Here, get out."

He fired a gun during an armed robbery. Hopefully the DA goes after him hard.
It's a town of 2600...many people have never experienced that....yeah, she probably knew him.

Dude made it like 1-2 blocks before being arrested. Serious screw loose situation.

P.S. I grew up in a town twice that size and people from cities have *no idea* how that works.

Old 06-04-2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
his parents must be proud..
Kid just may have mental issues. When you're talking about a 12yo in an urban environment it's often broken families and gang pressure where they exploit these kids.

THis is a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. It's almost like this was attempted suicide or severe mental illness.

Old 06-04-2022, 05:23 PM

64 posts, read 28,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I would like to see entire families held responsible if a family member commits any type of crime. I believe that is the only way to prevent crime. Even a degenerate would think twice about committing a crime if his direct family members had to pay the price for what he did.

Will a policy such as this ever happen? Of course not, because we are a stupid society and we deserve everything that is happening to us right now.
LOL! Do you know how strong the pull of heroin, meth or cocaine is? Or the strong desire for some to have material things without working for them?

Punish the criminal, not the family.

Plus, criminals don't think they're going to get caught.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies