Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2022, 05:53 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Doesn’t matter what they think about being small potatoes, they are.

Something happening to him criminally is wishful thinking, same as it’s ever been.
Did I say something will happen criminally? No, I didn't. I said the only thing that will keep him from running is if something happens criminally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2022, 05:54 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idy_Ott_Trawl View Post

The shirt implies that 6 million Jews wasn’t enough.
I especially like the disguise

Old 06-06-2022, 05:55 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Did I say something will happen criminally? No, I didn't. I said the only thing that will keep him from running is if something happens criminally.
Actually, you said unless something happens criminally, and I said it’s wishful thinking as it’ll never happen, hence there’s no unless to be concerned about. He’ll run if he wants to.

Old 06-06-2022, 05:57 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I especially like the disguise
What disguise? He tells us exactly what he thinks about Jews. Are you agreeing with him? That is disgusting.

Old 06-06-2022, 05:59 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
What disguise? He tells us exactly what he thinks about Jews. Are you agreeing with him? That is disgusting.
Who is "he"?

Old 06-06-2022, 06:05 PM

23,578 posts, read 12,535,636 times
FBI stated:
There was no evidence that Trump or those around him were involved.
That the text messages from the rioters, during that day, showed that Trump wasn't involved.
That those who'd planned on entering the Capitol building had no plans after entering the building.
That only a very small few had plans to do anything.

Why wasn't Epps charged the same as Rhodes, since their actions were similar? Why, exactly, did he and his pals have a get out of jail free card?

Old 06-06-2022, 06:08 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I doubt Trump was directly involved he might have known about it, but I could see this leading to someone like Roger Stone. The campaign did provide money to these groups. It was though Roger Stone he claimed it was was for security, but likely Roger was coordinating with them to attack the capital building. Roger Stone has a history of this type of stuff with Brooks Brothers riot in Florida.
Yeah I have to agree. I can see them getting proof on Stone as you mention, but im not sure that links to Trump. Its even possible Trump was so bad at his job he missed it all, but I find it challenging to believe. But belief and proof are 2 different things.

Old 06-06-2022, 06:10 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Who is "he"?
The guy in the t-shirt and disguise you commented on.

Old 06-06-2022, 06:11 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
FBI stated:
There was no evidence that Trump or those around him were involved.
That the text messages from the rioters, during that day, showed that Trump wasn't involved.
That those who'd planned on entering the Capitol building had no plans after entering the building.
That only a very small few had plans to do anything.

Why wasn't Epps charged the same as Rhodes, since their actions were similar? Why, exactly, did he and his pals have a get out of jail free card?
Bingo…funny how folks pick and choose what they want and like to hear from the FBI…and especially funny how they ignore Epps.

Old 06-06-2022, 06:15 PM

37,192 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
not just him, but 4 other members of the proud boys as well. DOJ is breaking out the big guns now.

All told theyre catching 9-10 charges each.
The easy stuff is pretty much out of the way unless they arrest more people. All of those with minor charges because they happened to be in the wrong place ant the wrong time or got carried away an went inside but didn't cause any problems are low hanging fruit. A lot of them plead guilty and got a slap on the wrist and a small fine.

Now they are obviously to the point they are working the ones who were next to the inner circle, who were involved in planning 1/6 and communicating with those next to the top while doing it. Once they pump them dry for details, they will go after the inner circle with what they have learned, who won't have a clue going in what the investigators already know. They will probably answer the questions truthfully rather than be caught committing perjury either by lying or omission. This is SOP for any type of major investigation, and why it takes so long to produce results.

The Proud Boys, as you said, are staring down the barrel of a quarter century in Club Fed, all of which must be served if convicted. They are young men, but won't be in 2050. At least one of them is going to know something interesting and be willing to sing for a plea bargain, so maybe they can get back out in the sunshine by 2030 or so. The upgrading to charges to Seditious Conspiracy is a major uptick, and should terrify anyone who was as involved as they were. Sedition is a half step below Treason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies