Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2022, 01:52 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times

Advertisements

Poor old Joe is having a pretty bad "first 16 months".

----------------------------------

https://www.thecentersquare.com/texa...ec11f21c3.html

Federal court rules against Biden administration on illegal immigration again
Judge: Releasing dangerous felons into the U.S. instead of deporting them is 'contrary to law'

By Bethany Blankley | The Center Square contributor 1 hr ago

(The Center Square) – A federal judge in Texas has ruled against the Biden administration in a lawsuit brought by Texas and Louisiana over the administration releasing “criminal illegal aliens” into the U.S. instead of deporting them.

U.S. District Judge Drew Tipton issued a 96-page opinion in favor of Texas and Louisiana vacating a memorandum issued by Department of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas. The judge said Mayorkas’ policy was “arbitrary and capricious, contrary to law, and failing to observe procedure under the Administrative Procedure Act.” Tipton also denied all other requested relief brought by the administration.

The ruling comes after law enforcement officers involved in Texas’ Operation Lone Star have made a record number of arrests of violent offenders with cartel and gang connections.

“I just dealt Biden another massive defeat in fed court,” Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said in a statement. “He tried to throw out immigration law, saying DHS didn’t have to detain criminal illegals. The court now says he must. I will always hold the line with the Dems and the rule of law. “Joe Biden is more focused on abandoning our laws than enforcing them, and it's clear he cares more about his radical-liberal ideology than the lives of hard-working Americans,” Paxton added.

Of the ruling, Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry said, “A federal judge has just ruled with us that the Biden Administration can no longer refuse to detain criminal illegal immigrants. This is a major win for our national security and the rule of law.”

The 96-page opinion can be read here:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...03.240.0_1.pdf

Last edited by Roboteer; 06-12-2022 at 02:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2022, 01:55 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
https://www.thecentersquare.com/texa...ec11f21c3.html

LINKY

96 page ruling linky...

https://storage.courtlistener.com/re...1703.240.0.pdf

Old 06-12-2022, 01:58 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,579,340 times
Brandon just can't catch a break lol...

Old 06-12-2022, 01:59 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Biden Administration loves criminal illegal aliens?

Color me shock

Old 06-12-2022, 02:02 PM

31,073 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Why Democrats want Illegal Felons to have a pathway to citizenship is beyond me

DAFA "DEFERRED ACTION for FELON ARRIVALS"
Sounds like a Leftist plan

Old 06-12-2022, 02:02 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
"Contrary to Law" How about the practice being Contrary to Common Sense?

It is bad enough that the Democrats welcome people that are breaking our Immigration Laws but protecting those Illegal Aliens that go on to further their criminal ways while creating Victims of Citizens and LEGAL immigrants it disgusting.

The collective Liberal minds of our Elected Elite in my state, Mass, just overruled the Governors veto which will now allow ILLEGAL ALIENS to get Drivers Licenses. The Governor was somewhat for it but he wanted a designation on that license to indicate that the person that has it is not a Legal Immigrant. The Dems shot that idea down which will open the possibility that Illegal Aliens will be voting in the next election.

It flat out does not make any sense for Biden and our Elected to be protecting people that have no Legal Right to be here. It is a slap in the face to every Legal Immigrant and a Sucker punch to the side of the head for anyone that has ever been a victim at the hands of those people.

Old 06-12-2022, 02:10 PM

19,809 posts, read 9,371,980 times
If not for the history of the past dozen or so years, I would be shocked that any POTUS would even consider releasing dangerous people who aren't even U.S. citizens back into U.S. cities and towns.

However, I continue to think that nothing the Democrats do will surprise me now. Every day now, I expect to see something else the Democrats have done that I would have thought to be unbelievable even ten years ago.

(And I was a Democrat until about 2010, and didn't vote for a Republican until 2020, and that was just as a reaction to the wokesters and the fact that Biden was senile, imo.)

Old 06-12-2022, 02:28 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
"Contrary to Law" How about the practice being Contrary to Common Sense?
If the courts enforced that, the entire Democrat party would be behind bars.

Old 06-12-2022, 02:38 PM

2,871 posts, read 1,151,113 times
Good. After what happened in Los Angeles last night, together with the events of the last month across the country, the last thing we need in this country is to allow more dangerous felons on the streets.
We're full up. And fed up.

Old 06-12-2022, 09:36 PM

31,073 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
Good. After what happened in Los Angeles last night, together with the events of the last month across the country, the last thing we need in this country is to allow more dangerous felons on the streets.
We're full up. And fed up.
What happened in LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies