Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 06:14 AM

20,112 posts, read 16,089,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
we need to invade Venezuela, pillage their resources and free their people. the time is over for being nice.
So you want us to emulate Russia? No.

Old 06-07-2022, 06:30 AM

19,615 posts, read 17,907,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflag71 View Post
BS I live near the US MX border and all I see are BP Agents on the hunt.

Don't believe everything in the media/internet.
Your attempted distortion does not fool anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2022, 07:08 AM

9,454 posts, read 10,757,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Actually, Mexico does just let you walk into their country. Their border to the US is about the most open border one will ever encounter in their travels. I have been there on foot and by car many times and never been stopped by the Mexican authorities on entry. Now coming back is another story. USCBP is nasty. The border is tight, with fences and concertina wire strung on top. Border Patrol trucks are patrolling everywhere on the US side. It is utter nonsense about it being an open border.

The OP is misleading. The Mex-prez is dusting off a G. Bush pipe dream of having an EU-style arrangement in the Americas and that would mean free movement of goods and people throughout. I always thought it to be difficult given the vast wealth differences among the various nations. EU is more uniform, though they do have their poor and wealthy. There would be advantages and disadvantages to consider. I would not mind spending my retirement years in residence somewhere in Mexico or even South America.
The idea of a EU style arrangement in North America is a worthy goal. There would be great benefits to the citizens of the US, Canada and Mexico if we could make that a possibility. The US and Canada are more similar than any two EU nations are. Mexico is no more different than the US and Canada than Spain or Italy is from Germany. It is possible. There are some very major roadblocks however.

First the Canadians see the United States and Mexico as violent crime ridden nations, they do not want our troubles walking over their border. I can see their point. The Canadians also have a huge beef about our gun laws. American views on personal liberties are completely unacceptable to them. Mexico has a huge problem with drug cartels, the US has a huge problem with drug use. Both problems would need to be brought under control. Mexico has a massive southern border problem of its own, they need to control their southern border. Some of those nations in Central America are a mess, almost third world status. Mexico cannot afford their problems being imported north.

Healthcare systems in all three countries are very different, maybe too different to make an EU style system work here. How healthcare would be delivered for those who chose to live in another North American country is a question that would have to be sorted out.

Canadians have a deep seated fear of being overrun by Americans. Allowing Americans into Canada is not something they are willing to ever accept. Mexicans and Americans actually are more likely to accept each other in this type of EU arrangement than are Canadians. Canadians do actually look down on the two North American nations to their south and are likely to continue to do so for generations to come. Attitudes in Canada are likely the biggest obstacle to a North American EU.

As an American I don’t have a problem with this concept if some of the problems are worked out. Obviously the US would want to make sure we got a good bargain.
1. US citizens have the same rights in Mexico and Canada that theirs do here
2. Mexico actually does control its southern border
3. American personal liberties are not given up within our own country to appease Canada and Mexico
4. That we reserve the rights to deport serious criminals

If we could iron out the problems there would be huge economic advantages to this. It would also add a personal freedom to the citizens of all three countries that many people would take advantage of. It’s something that should be discussed at higher levels between the three countries so we can work towards agreement. It would take decades to make it happen just as it did in Europe. It is a good thing though, but if and only if we don’t have to surrender our sovereignty. IMO too much sovereignty was given up in Europe, that is why Brexit happened. Any North American agreement would need to do better regarding sovereignty. It would need to be a Union of sovereign North American nations.

Old 06-07-2022, 07:15 AM

1,683 posts, read 759,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/latin-amer...-open-borders/

The Cartel puppet President of failed narco state Mexico will ask dementia Joe to open the borders to Mexico and the entirety of the Western Hemisphere.

I warned everyone in November 2020 the democrats ultimate dream is to flood the country with 100s of millions (yes hundreds) of "migrants." But all the lefties screamed that's not true at all and just right wing scaremongering

CanaMexAmerica... this is really what the davos globalist puppet masters want anyway. To weaken borders and national sovereignty across the globe so they can be in control.

Old 06-07-2022, 07:20 AM

9,454 posts, read 10,757,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I thought so to but I guess they are not open enough?

What is Mexico doing at their Southern Border when a caravan of 10,000 shows up? Are they sending them back or are they putting them on a bus or train and sending them straight to our Border?

I can't imagine the shape I would be in if I had to walk a thousand miles carrying everything I own yet so many of these "migrants" wade across the Rio Grande and into the welcoming arms of the Border patrol looking like they just had a nice day out with the family.

How can this be?

Where do these people sleep every night on their journey?

What do they eat?

Where do they shower?

What do they know that our homeless people do not? Maybe our homeless should walk across the country and they would end up better off and in better shape than when they started?

If Biden caves to the Mexican Presidents demands, and he probably will then maybe we should set up a busing system that drops all these "migrants" at the Border with Canada?
Obviously we should not yield to this demand. The Mexican president is trying to unload his problems on us. They have allowed immigrants to pour over their southern border and they do not know what to do with them. They must deal with the consequences of allowing migrant convoys to enter their country unchecked, it is their problem not ours. They have assumed we would just take them. We cannot afford to take them in either and somehow this problem needs to be brought under control. The responsibility to stop these caravans more lies with Mexico than the US since they are the First Nation these convoys enter, not the US. They need to have a better southern border.

Old 06-07-2022, 07:27 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,295,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Actually, Mexico does just let you walk into their country. Their border to the US is about the most open border one will ever encounter in their travels. I have been there on foot and by car many times and never been stopped by the Mexican authorities on entry. Now coming back is another story. USCBP is nasty. The border is tight, with fences and concertina wire strung on top. Border Patrol trucks are patrolling everywhere on the US side. It is utter nonsense about it being an open border.

The OP is misleading. The Mex-prez is dusting off a G. Bush pipe dream of having an EU-style arrangement in the Americas and that would mean free movement of goods and people throughout. I always thought it to be difficult given the vast wealth differences among the various nations. EU is more uniform, though they do have their poor and wealthy. There would be advantages and disadvantages to consider. I would not mind spending my retirement years in residence somewhere in Mexico or even South America.
An estimated 400-500K gotaways last year.

An invitation to stay indefinitely for another 1MM last year.

1.2MM with deportation orders that said "Nah, catch me if you can"

And none of that is the approved annual immigration/green cards.

Old 06-07-2022, 07:35 AM

18,917 posts, read 27,410,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/latin-amer...-open-borders/

The Cartel puppet President of failed narco state Mexico will ask dementia Joe to open the borders to Mexico and the entirety of the Western Hemisphere.

I warned everyone in November 2020 the democrats ultimate dream is to flood the country with 100s of millions (yes hundreds) of "migrants." But all the lefties screamed that's not true at all and just right wing scaremongering

How weak should US appear to be to the international political establishment, if Mexican president has courage to bark orders at it?

Old 06-07-2022, 08:08 AM

17,387 posts, read 9,207,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The mexican president and Biden are the face of shadow governments...not really in charge of anything.

Annex Mexico!
Mexico wants to annex the USA. The same Narco Thugs that control Mexico can run things in the USA.

Old 06-07-2022, 08:15 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,514,221 times
Uh people...the cartels are not having any problems now, getting their drugs into the US and onto their destination city! LOL

Doesnt matter if we have open borders or not, drug smuggling is already consistently successful. The cartels do send loads, (to intentionally be discovered by police), but those are usually done to distract from a much larger shipment, its just the cost of doing business, and its not costing the cartels any money, drugs are cheap to produce.

Its amazing how dumb law enforcement is! LOL I love watching them celebrate some meesley drug bust, (they think they got all those drugs off the streets!)...think again guys, you fell for the cartels trap.(you caught 10 lbs of dope...while 120 lbs sailed right past you undetected!) HA HA

Old 06-07-2022, 08:16 AM

25,482 posts, read 18,612,470 times
So basically he's demanding no change.

How about if we demand the borders are open both ways and we empty every maximum and medium security prison in the US, sending all the inhabitants south over the border with a one-way ticket and a "Spanish the Easy Way" book in their hands?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies