Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 01:08 PM

2,409 posts, read 1,529,181 times

Advertisements

What would be great is if these hearings could find solutions for things like the security situation at the southern border, why inflation is rising rapidly, the cause for soaring fuel prices. Finding answers to things that financially threaten Americans on a daily basis. Besides those things, everything else is theatrics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2022, 01:13 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
you hope

So you're saying an unarmed man in a buffalo suit is more important then feeding their children and putting gas in their cars? Talk about hope.

Old 06-07-2022, 01:13 PM

3,500 posts, read 2,787,848 times
If the Democrats were smart they would point out the Republican's love of abortion restrictions as well as the various book banning by Conservatives as of late and say that the Republican party no longer believes in freedom and are anti-American. But I don't think that they will. At least going to signs held by Liberals at pro abortion protests.

If the Liberals were really smart they would put together a freedom convoy and have signs saying Greg Abbot, Ron DeSantis, other Republican Governors etc, are becoming dictators.

Old 06-07-2022, 01:17 PM

899 posts, read 540,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
If the Democrats were smart they would point out the Republican's love of abortion restrictions as well as the various book banning by Conservatives as of late and say that the Republican party no longer believes in freedom and are anti-American. But I don't think that they will. At least going to signs held by Liberals at pro abortion protests.

If the Liberals were really smart they would put together a freedom convoy and have signs saying Greg Abbot, Ron DeSantis, other Republican Governors etc, are becoming dictators.
Hard for the Democrats to do this with a straight face given their record in recent years (party of the shutdowns, party of cancel culture, party of deplatforming, party of censorship, party of COVID restrictions, party of the foul mouthed divisive hatred spewed from various Democratic politicians and their media followers, etc). I'll give them credit for not attempting to pretend to care about free rights as it would only make them hypocrites.

Old 06-07-2022, 01:18 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
So you're saying an unarmed man in a buffalo suit is more important then feeding their children and putting gas in their cars? Talk about hope.
That buffalo suit guy was a harmless joke. You're deflecting.

I'm talking about the heave-ho bunch. The zip tie carrying bunch.

And yes, I'm more worried about that crowd who tried to overtake the election process than I am about the price of gas right now.

And I don't know where you live, but I see very few skinny little kids running around. VERY few.

Old 06-07-2022, 01:23 PM

3,500 posts, read 2,787,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
Hard for the Democrats to do this with a straight face given their record in recent years (party of the shutdowns, party of cancel culture, party of deplatforming, party of censorship, party of COVID restrictions, party of the foul mouthed divisive hatred spewed from various Democratic politicians and their media followers, etc). I'll give them credit for not attempting to pretend to care about free rights as it would only make them hypocrites.
I"ll give you that about the Liberals but now the Conservatives are also turning into hypocrites with their sudden love of restrictions in abortions, education etc.

The way Conservatives cheer on Government DeSantis as he attempts to crush free speech in schools and in corporations is insane. These sorts of Conservatives are likely secret commie lovers. They just want to ban and ban some more. Such hypocrites!

Old 06-07-2022, 01:24 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
The government has not approved a permit for a new refinery in YEARS. Biden is actively cancelling new leases and his administration is not approving any actual permits to drill even when oil is found. An oil lease is only permission to LOOK for oil. There is no guarantee there is any to be found. Once found, his EPA is blocking the permits needed to extract and transport the oil to the depots and refineries.
How many new refineries have been tried since the last election, how many were tried during the previous administration and turned down? Yes ANWR was reclosed 4.5 months after Trump opened it and the lease cancellation was done a month prior to it expiring. There are "At the end of 2021, there were 9,173 approved and available permits to drill on federal and Indian lands" and " "In the United States, 90% of onshore oil production takes place on land that isn’t owned by the federal government." https://api.politifact.com/factcheck...9000-unused-o/

The EPA is delaying permits only on Federal land which is only 10% but even if everything was gung ho lets drill away anything that was started this year or last would be years away from being a contributor to the US Oil Supply, meanwhile why aren't the existing systems running at full throttle?

Old 06-07-2022, 01:52 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The democrats are completely deaf imbeciles.

People are concerned about record inflation, record gas prices, markets crumbling, and the nation on the brink of a major recession.

No one cares about the liberal political theater except the far left, and they are already in the tank for Biden.

I guess dems don't look at approval numbers and what is concerning the average American. Once again, the dems have completely misread the American public.
The liberals own the media so I don't put much stock in the "approval" ratings or polls.

Old 06-07-2022, 01:52 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You are so full of baloney.

Did you watch 2000 Mules? ... since you are so interested in justice regardless of politics...
Is that how you form your opinions? By watching propaganda ? You are a victim of your own confirmation bias.

The fact is the election was fair and honest, there was plenty of opportunity to prove the case in many courts across the land, and in the many recounts. Some were recounted several times, all to the same result.

Nothing. There was nothing.

This was the most closely monitored national election in our history, and under the Trump administration.

Joint Statement from DOJ, DOD, DHS, DNI, FBI, NSA, and CISA on Ensuring Security of 2020 Elections | Nov 5 2019

What did they observe?

Joint Statement from the Departments of Justice and Homeland Security Assessing the Impact of Foreign Interference During the 2020 U.S. Elections | March 16 2021

There was no no widespread or systemic election fraud. No planned conspiracy to change election results, no rigged machines ... nothing. Even both the Department of Justice and the Department of Homeland Security under Trump released statements to that effect.
Quote:
The Departments investigated multiple public claims that one or more foreign governments owned, directed, or controlled election infrastructure used in the 2020 federal elections; implemented a scheme to manipulate election infrastructure; or tallied, changed, or otherwise manipulated vote counts. The Departments found that those claims were not credible.
In fact, we have seen that there were individual cases of proven voter fraud, most of them committed by Republicans! Some made big news like the hard core Republican in Nevada who claimed someone took his dead wife's ballot and voted with it! It got a lot of mileage on right wing media such as Fox with Tucker. It turns out that a Republican cast that illegal ballot, and the husband knew it all along.

Considering that these people are so willing to cheat for their own candidate at election time, I see those repeated false claims as projecting.

Republicans are toxic liars.

Old 06-07-2022, 08:33 PM

35,077 posts, read 31,302,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Spot on. Although, it's the only tactic the left has to deflect from the train wreck this administration is.
I don't approve of the events of Jan. 6 in the least. That said, we're a year and a half out. No serious prosecutor takes this long. Charges are being doled out when it's the most politically worthwhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies