Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 10:37 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,033,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The riots with BLM happened on Trump's watch with Bill Barr as AG whose responsibility was to handle them. What exactly did Barr do? Do you remember...?

If not, search the threads. There are literally dozens of them.
Those riots had zero to do with because Trump. Opportunistic criminals used poor Floyd as a way to loot, cause violence, burn it down, etc…, and Dems have been crying about and blaming the police ever since…and it’s worked out so well. Because Trump also wasn’t in favor of defending the poor entitled opportunist like Harris tried so hard to do.

Old 06-16-2022, 10:39 AM

22,910 posts, read 12,063,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
But would it be televised without being snipped and clipped?
Democrats have creative control on how is being shown. No live testimony. Just highly edited clips designed to show what they want to show.

Yet another reason to just go to court and let professional prosecutors handle it.
The committee does seem to like to make a habit out of editing (altering) evidence.

Old 06-16-2022, 10:49 AM

36,941 posts, read 18,798,709 times
Quote:
Democrats have creative control on how is being shown. No live testimony. Just highly edited clips designed to show what they want to show.

Yet another reason to just go to court and let professional prosecutors handle it.
There has been plenty of live testimony in the televised hearings. There will be more today in the hearing at 1:00 P.M. EST.

Old 06-16-2022, 10:49 AM

5,004 posts, read 3,902,189 times
Quote:
Who would you recommend they subpoena to testify to level the playing field, then...?
The House Democrats (AKA the Russia Collusion Hoaxsters) who have now established a dubious one-sided hearing to prove something or another related to Trump are simply unable to establish credibility on this front.

Jussie Smollet will not be trusted should he report another dubious racial attack. Why would he be trusted?

Old 06-16-2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Those riots had zero to do with because Trump. Opportunistic criminals used poor Floyd as a way to loot, cause violence, burn it down, etc…
Excellent.

So why would they be important enough to bring up in this thread, since Trump had nothing to do with them?

Old 06-16-2022, 10:55 AM

Quote:

I’m sure the Committee would love to have any or all of them testify live, and they could have specified that in agreeing to testify. Instead they simply tried to dodge the whole affair.

That gambit is not going to work for them.

Old 06-16-2022, 10:58 AM

5,004 posts, read 3,902,189 times
Quote:
Excellent.

So why would they be important enough to bring up in this thread, since Trump had nothing to do with them?
No doubt the Republicans in the House will hold hearings in the BLM/Antifa riots once they take the House. If they create thoroughly one-sided hearings, rational folks will discount them.

Old 06-16-2022, 11:01 AM

7,885 posts, read 9,078,799 times
Quote:
I’m sure the Committee would love to have any or all of them testify live, and they could have specified that in agreeing to testify. Instead they simply tried to dodge the whole affair.

That gambit is not going to work for them.
Do you have proof of that? If it were me, I would not go before a partisan committee either. I would go with my lawyer to DOJ, not the Congress Critters and their video editing machine

Old 06-16-2022, 11:19 AM

474 posts, read 234,116 times
Quote:
There are two republicans on the Committee. There could have been five. Blame Qevin. He screwed up Big Time.
lol, if President Trump tried to overthrow the Capitol Police, the Armed Forces of the USA and the US Government, with 500, 1000, 2,000 or even 3,000 right wingers, and declare himself Dictator of the USA, he would need the support of the Armed Forces of the USA to stay in Power. This is how ridiculous this is to believe. But that is what the Leftist Democrat Politicians, VIPs and Leftist Media want you guys to believe.

If so, If I GMS Alberto, can gather 500 right wing supporters, I can declare myself Dictator of the USA, lol. But I would need the support of the Armed Forces of the USA to stay in Power, lol again.

Old 06-16-2022, 11:28 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,126,564 times
Quote:
And you obviously haven’t either.
Please talk about what you know.
Quote:
400 Capitol police aren’t using revolvers. They’re using guns that are spitting bullets as fast as they can pull the trigger, you know, the kind Dems want banned, lol.
And then what? Vastly outnumbered by an angry crowd with folks shot dead in front of them would mean two things:

1. The mob would overrun them.

2. We'd have a wrongful crowd death scene like SC State or Kent State

Neither one of these outcomes would be good for the country.

Quote:
The Capitol police wouldn’t even have to mow every one of them down, yet 400 of them easily could.
I doubt it. 400 cops using revolvers could not hit all those 'protesters'.
Quote:
When bodies start dropping and blood is everywhere, unarmed folks aren’t going to keep going to keep attacking and commit suicide.
I wouldn't bet on that. Didn't Rittenhouse get beat on the head with a skateboard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies