Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 11:09 AM

37,183 posts, read 19,189,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Why? Are you suffering from a mental decline or something, where you constantly have to be reminded about things?

The two of us were having an ongoing discussion about what was written in a particular article that I'd linked. I know you saw that link since you quoted and commented on the particular post that the link was in, and, our current ongoing discussion had been about what was in that particular link. Because of that, having to constantly repost the link for you or having to constantly give you the post # is unnecessary...unless you are having memory problems.
A half truth is a whole lie. Context matters.

Old 06-17-2022, 11:12 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,093,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
How can a elected official uphold the Constitution, supporting a Communist like ONE-SIDED hearing. You want to uphold the Constitution Don’t participate in Communist/Nazi like hearings.
Nothing Communist about it.

Committee hearings are a method by which committee members gather information to inform committee business. Business dealt with by hearings may be broadly classified into four types: legislative, oversight, investigative, and consideration of presidential nominations. Hearings may be held on Capitol Hill or elsewhere (e.g., a committee member’s district or state, or a site related to the subject of the hearing).

https://www.congress.gov/help/committee-materials

Old 06-17-2022, 11:14 AM

956 posts, read 510,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't think there will be any criminal charges applied to any political individuals out of this committee.

I do think Trump's character flaws are being highlighted and no matter how much you may stand by Republican policy there is no justification for how Trump handled the Pence situation.

Forget all the hot air in the speech about Pence better do the right thing and implying there was some legal and moral and actual likelihood Pence wasn't going to perform his ceremonial duty of certifying the election.......sure Trump is full of hot air, show, etc. Forget that.

The fact that once Trump Ssaw the extent of the violence and the 'hang Pence' rhetoric Trump still insisted on posting a tweet attacking Pence in a time when folks were riled up -- is highly disturbing. There was no concern for Pence and his family.

I get Trump was mad Pence didn't do what Trump thought he could.....but there is no justification for leaving your running mate in harm's way and not showing an ounce of empathy, concern or anything.

To this day Trump has not expressed any kind of empathy.

Not one person has come forward and said we were fighting because we believed it to be a fraudulent election. None of them have come to the committee, under oath and stood their ground on that issue.

They declare the 5th or refuse to testify rather than continue to support the lie they were selling at the time.

Which Republican leaders with integrity are still claiming the election was stolen?
I agree with all of that and I hate the liberals more than anything. Donald Trump is not a good man and committed crimes. I want republicans to sweep the election in November and I think they will as liberal policies are a disaster and people are sick of climate change and anti fossil fuel being shoved down our throats and insanely high gas prices and such.

Bit DOnald Trump needs to stay away from republican party and stop screwing more things up.

Old 06-17-2022, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Wyoming went almost 70% for Trump. Cheney is a REPRESENTATIVE for the people of Wyoming. She is the Wyoming's people voice in Washington. Our government is by and for the PEOPLE. She turned her back, on the people (voters) of Wyoming, and went with her feelings. Remember, Liz works for the PEOPLE (of Wyoming).They don't work for her. The people want REPRESENTATION, not feelings.
She went with the Constitution, which she swore to uphold. We could use a lot more serious republicans like her.

Old 06-17-2022, 11:17 AM

5,048 posts, read 3,954,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
There is about 1/3 of the voting public that will never step down from the Big Lie regardless of the information being presented (that's his base). There is about 1/3 of the voting public that hate Trump with every cell in their body, and there is about 1/3 of the voting public that are more concerned about everyday matters they are facing...inflation, the economy...world affairs...that are somewhat ambivalent to what happened on 1/6 and why...but the clarity being presented by the panel...is clearing up any doubt that the election was stolen with these people. It's very easy to follow and it's Trump's inner circle testifying under oath. You can't put that Genie back in the bottle. How this plays out politically??....you got me. But it is safe to say that this will be one of many issues that will be on voters minds in 22 and 24.
By the ‘Big Lie’ are you referencing the Trump Russia Collusion Hoax? The Dems in the House lost all credibility with that elongated whopper.

Old 06-17-2022, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
No one will be allowed to do that on the TV show. No one will go "under oath" when they don't have to, in a non-legal situation, in anticipation of putting their testimony on a TV show.

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

No one has the opportunity to ask Nancy Pelosi what happened on 1/6 with security.

No one has the opportunity to ask the FBI about the people in the crowd.

No one has the opportunity to ask the Democrats why they objected to certification of votes in 2000, 2004, and 2016.

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

It's a one-sided political commercial. If you have an opposing view, WHY WOULD YOU GET INVOLVED IN A FORUM THAT DOESN'T PROVIDE YOU WITH DUE PROCESS?????
All of that is because an investigation is not a trial, as we have pointed out here a hundred times. Apparently there's still some confusion on how the two work and what their purpose is.

Old 06-17-2022, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
This investigation is about SEDITIOUS CONPIRACY. The conspiracy has multiple facets, and it started months before January 6.

The riot/failed insurrection/failed coup on January 6 was when it all came to a head.

For you to focus only on what Trump said that one day is an epic display of willful ignorance.
Trump started beating the drum about the election being rigged if he lost back in May, 2020.

Old 06-17-2022, 11:21 AM

5,048 posts, read 3,954,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Uhhh yes. That's my point. It's a one-sided, carefully choreographed, democrat commercial designed as political theater for 2022.

Thank you for at least admitting it.
Yes.

I don’t think any rational person can dispute that.

The funniest part of this is that they seemed to have established beyond a reasonable doubt that Trump did NIT tell his supporters to violently rush the Capitol building and trespass in its halls.

Of course the Dems were carefully selecting testimony and probably accomplished this inadvertently.

LOL

Old 06-17-2022, 11:22 AM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
By the ‘Big Lie’ are you referencing the Trump Russia Collusion Hoax? The Dems in the House lost all credibility with that elongated whopper.
Except Mueller didn't exonerate him.

Old 06-17-2022, 11:22 AM

8,941 posts, read 2,963,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Because he has no idea what the committee is about, has not watched any of it, does not know any of the background and only knows how to distract. IMO.

It is really a shame because multiple people on this thread have taken the time to explain things to him. He does not listen or even respond to the answers he gets.
I've watched much of it, and obviously know the background of it as I'm explaining it to you.

Keep saying "he doesn't know" without providing any coherent examples of what I've said that's incorrect.

Doesn't make your case very well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies