Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2022, 04:38 PM

9,258 posts, read 5,025,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
So you don't want to hear directly from the people who were involved? Under oath.

I guess you must be happy reading about it the next day after the news reporters have added their spin.
I'm going to watch it and make up my own mind. Do I think there will be theater? Of course. That's all these politicians know how to do.
But I want to see what their evidence is that a) President Trump was behind this and b) there was a clear and present danger to our 'democracy.' (I currently don't believe either of these assertions.)

Old 06-09-2022, 04:45 PM

1,910 posts, read 541,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The only ones who won’t want to watch it are the ones who are afraid of what they might find out about their heroes and themselves. No one but the members of the Committee know for certain what is going to be shown.
You are kidding, right? All the news networks are running clips of what will be shown tonight. Likely no one knows better than the producer who was hired to put together this charade knows what will be shown tonight. "cut, print...that's a wrap!"

Old 06-09-2022, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
I will watch, to make up my own mind. The alleged sacking of the capitol with the alleged intent to disrupt government proceedings, bearing on a two-century tradition of peaceful transfers of power, should be of interest to everyone who loves America and our constitutional system. There will be agendas, and there will be evidence, and there will be propaganda. The counterprogramming to distract will be massive, with its own agenda and propaganda. Adults can sort through it and make up their minds; partisans on both sides have already drawn all the conclusions they need.
Well said.

Old 06-09-2022, 04:52 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,626,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
The dems are just trying to keep this front and center because everything else is going so poorly for them. They're hoping people will forget.
Just think. If dems, would work as hard on the economy, as they do trying to make Trump look bad, we'd have cheaper gas, lower prices at the store, more, better jobs, more cash $$$ in your pocket, and the average American would be a lot more prosperous, successful, and happy, for all races, and gender.

Old 06-09-2022, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Really? LOL. Because there are dozens of sources that say there were, but I suppose that's all "fake news" if it doesn't fit your agenda right?
Well....do you know of any weapons charges that were filed on any of the people involved?

Old 06-09-2022, 04:59 PM

5,789 posts, read 2,683,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
You can just watch Fox. They are not covering it.
This is an outright lie. Fox has been mentioning their coverage of tonight's event all day... Perhaps, if you tuned in, you would know that...

Old 06-09-2022, 05:01 PM

18,633 posts, read 7,481,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Just think. If dems, would work as hard on the economy, as they do trying to make Trump look bad, we'd have cheaper gas, lower prices at the store, more, better jobs, more cash $$$ in your pocket, and the average American would be a lot more prosperous, successful, and happy, for all races, and gender.
No, we wouldn't. Dems have no idea how to improve the economy (hint: get out of the way), how to get cheaper gas, better jobs, or any of the rest of it. These are people who would save the Titanic by drilling more holes in the bottom to let the water out.

Not matter how long and hard they worked at it, they would NEVER improve the economy even a little.

Last edited by Roboteer; 06-09-2022 at 05:16 PM..

Old 06-09-2022, 05:02 PM

13,368 posts, read 4,162,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo
I will watch, to make up my own mind. The alleged sacking of the capitol with the alleged intent to disrupt government proceedings, bearing on a two-century tradition of peaceful transfers of power, should be of interest to everyone who loves America and our constitutional system. There will be agendas, and there will be evidence, and there will be propaganda. The counterprogramming to distract will be massive, with its own agenda and propaganda. Adults can sort through it and make up their minds; partisans on both sides have already drawn all the conclusions they need.

From a Kangaroo court. You are neutral alright. LOL

Old 06-09-2022, 05:21 PM

36,933 posts, read 18,822,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
If it were important, it would have been reported and acted on by now. This will all be a story made up by the left.
Closed hearings don’t work like that, so nobody who testifies knows what has been said before them.

But you already knew that, didn’t you?

Old 06-09-2022, 05:23 PM

32,901 posts, read 12,178,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Absolutely not.

I can't support anything about this because the intent is so fake and against any sort of real justice.

It's all political expediency.

The same people undertaking all of this are the same people tanking our economy and country.

God sees all and will deal with them in His time.
Which is irrelevant.

All that should matter is what actually happened re 1/6. What the truth is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies