Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 08:21 PM

13,350 posts, read 4,204,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
There are about 12 hours of televised hearings so far and I have no interest in summarizing them for you and no duty to "provide" you with anything.

Watch or don't watch. Accept reality or don't. Makes no difference to me.
Translation: I have none and just watch the Kangaroo court.
So they got him so the justice department can arrest him now. Why do they need hearsay testimony if you say they already have plenty of evidence. Shut the hearing now and arrest him.

That's like saying you have mountain of "evidence" of OJ Simpson but you will keep beating a dead horse by bringing hearsay witnesses that weren't there. Yeah, thanks for the laugh.

Old 06-28-2022, 08:21 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,641,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Sure! But I reckon there will be a lot more of those than the other.

It’s very telling that this alleged Secret Service willing to testify that’s not what happened is the ONLY time there’s been an inkling anyone is prepared to refute prior testimony under oath. And even that is not certain, until it actually happens. And Trumpers might be careful what they wish for, because they may have questions for the agents that WILL corroborate other testimony. Willing to take that chance?

So bring it on! Let’s see how much of this testimony is untruthful. Where are all the rebutters? Step up!
Absolutely agree with you.

At the end of the hearing Chairman Thompson said the door is open for anyone will to testify under oath. Let's see what happens.

Old 06-28-2022, 08:22 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,633,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
I'm putting on my "thinking cap." I think that the committee wouldn't have allowed that topic to come up UNLESS they had something to back it. There are attorneys on the committee. They know exactly what "hearsay" means. Stay tuned, I just bet the Beast driver and other witness have already told their version of what happened and that is why they let today's witness talk about it.

I and many others on the forum realize that you Trump lovers can't bear to hear the truth about your guy. It hurts. It's a betrayal to us Americans and yes it hurts like hell. The poor man is clearly suffering from a mental disorder whether it be dementia or bipolar.
Mega narcissism

Old 06-28-2022, 08:22 PM

6,718 posts, read 4,379,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
But nobody inside that White House inner circle, have pushed back on anything she said except Trump on his social media.

She had an office just down the hall from Trump's oval office, even flew on Air Force One with Trump, But Trump as usual says he barely knew her. He cant own up to anything.

Old 06-28-2022, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Can anyone post Trump’s rebuttal? All I’ve seen so far is that he didn’t give her a job, and as usual he didn’t know who she was. Even though he knew not yo give her a job. Usual Trump nonsense.

Would be interested to see if he actually refuted the steering wheel testimony. Time stamped prior to the news that anonymous sources said the SS would testify, of course. (Not saying he didn’t, just that I haven’t seen it if so.)
I wondered why the glass window was not up—
Isn’t there a glass window between the driver and passenger part?

It does
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nths-away.html

Old 06-28-2022, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Much of what she said today, was her firsthand account and not just hearsay.
Like? please copy and paste that she was with the President.

Old 06-28-2022, 08:26 PM

13,233 posts, read 9,854,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I wondered why the glass window was not up—
Isn’t there a glass window between the driver and passenger part?
Someone said up thread that if there was, the Pres has the ability to lower it if they want.

Old 06-28-2022, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Like? please copy and paste that she was with the President.
Part of the time she was
she was there when he gave his speech to the crowd
Saw Meadows pass him off to his detail too chickenpoop to tell Trump no trip to the Capital

Old 06-28-2022, 08:30 PM

12,950 posts, read 9,584,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
She had an office just down the hall from Trump's oval office, even flew on Air Force One with Trump, But Trump as usual says he barely knew her. He cant own up to anything.
That means he knows her.

Old 06-28-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Part of the time she was
she was there when he gave his speech to the crowd
Saw Meadows pass him off to his detail too chickenpoop to tell Trump no trip to the Capital

She was there when he gave the speech? OK Nothing illegal about the speech, it's on video from his mouth.
She wasn't in the car and she wasn't with the President when he so call order to take down the metal detector.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies