Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 09:59 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Exactly. This is the groundwork for the subpoenas which will corroborate the story (or not.)
The committee knew what she was going to say today before they went live. If the story was BS, they would have 86ed it out of the gate.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:01 PM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
They are not supposed to talk about anything about their job to anybody except their superiors. That's not how Secret Agent works. Just like Navy Seals and the Special units in the military. They don't talk to anyone about their jobs only to their superiors. They don't go chatting to lower ranks about their job in the galley or gym. I doubt her story.
That’s fair.

We’ll have to see what they say.

She’s probably quite aware of the penalty of lying under oath in front of the entire world though. You know the majority of these people were on Trump’s side, right? Until they realised just how unhinged the whole thing had become?

Old 06-28-2022, 10:03 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,724,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The committee knew what she was going to say today before they went live. If the story was BS, they would have 86ed it out of the gate.
I believe Peter Alexander got played.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:03 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I agree this needs clarification. I do not agree that it nullifies the entire hearing. They aren’t disputing anything else. Or, at least I haven’t seen it if they are.

And they aren’t calling them - they have apparently decided to come forward. Allegedly. That hasn’t actually happened yet.

ETA - according to your link, the SS will respond to the testimony on the record, as they have been cooperating with the committee since 2021.

These are smart lawyers and this wasn't a mistake. This is to do as much damage in the press to Trump so he can't run in 2024.

Any lawyer in Congress that does a fact finding investigation doesn't put anybody on the stand on live t.v. before verifying the hearsay allegations. Why does Pelosi wants to speak to them now? They should have done it before the hearing began or putting a hearsay witness on the stand. If what she says it true then they don't need her but the direct witnesses.

If you think this is a fair hearing, I have a bridge to sell you.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I hope so. I mean if they didn’t, they’ve just given Trump a bone the size of a dinosaur thigh. Which he doesn’t deserve, IMHO.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
I believe Peter Alexander got played.

yeah, you are a fair impartial juror.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:09 PM

Quote:
I hope so. I mean if they didn’t, they’ve just given Trump a bone the size of a dinosaur thigh. Which he doesn’t deserve, IMHO.

Another fair impartial juror. Trump deserves a chance to question all the witnesses against him and bring his own but you are telling me he doesn't deserve it because Pelosi is fair?

Pelosi should had verified her hearsay witness before the hearing began and they wouldn't need her hearsay. You act like they never pulled this cr@p before. They didn't with Judge Kavanaugh and the circus of a hearing. The difference is at least Kavanaugh had a defense and both sides questioned everybody and brought witnesses. Trump doesn't.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:10 PM

4,026 posts, read 2,711,590 times
Quote:
They are not supposed to talk about anything about their job to anybody except their superiors. That's not how Secret Agent works. Just like Navy Seals and the Special units in the military. They don't talk to anyone about their jobs only to their superiors. They don't go chatting to lower ranks about their job in the galley or gym. I doubt her story.
True, they're not supposed to.

But the world is full of people in positions who do things they're not supposed to do.

Maybe the SA had known her for a long time and trusted her. Maybe he was trying to impress her. Maybe he was in a foul mood after the events and was in a "I don't care anymore, I'm gonna shoot off my mouth and if they fire me, so what", and after he spouted off, he calmed down.

Until he speaks up, we don't know.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:10 PM

6,569 posts, read 6,732,860 times
Quote:
That’s fair.

We’ll have to see what they say.

She’s probably quite aware of the penalty of lying under oath in front of the entire world though. You know the majority of these people were on Trump’s side, right? Until they realised just how unhinged the whole thing had become?
You understand that the goal of this farce, which was handed to you by the same people that gave you the "Russian Hoax" was to spread a lie knowing that the retraction will never get the same press.

The bubble you people live in is astounding.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:11 PM

Quote:
These are smart lawyers and this wasn't a mistake. This is to do as much damage in the press to Trump so he can't run in 2024.

Any lawyer in Congress that does a fact finding investigation doesn't put anybody on the stand on live t.v. before verifying the hearsay allegations. Why does Pelosi wants to speak to them now? They should have done it before the hearing began or putting a hearsay witness on the stand. If what she says it true then they don't need her but the direct witnesses.

If you think this is a fair hearing, I have a bridge to sell you.
I don’t disbelieve the testimony. Trump sold you all a bill of lies about the election being stolen. Even his own daughter doesn’t believe it. Is she lying too?

It is extraordinarily feasible that he did all these despicable things leading up to Jan 6.

No one is disputing that he wanted the detectors removed so armed persons could attend his rally and then March to the Capitol. Where he wanted to join them.

His own cabinet was trying to invoke the 25th amendment.

He was, by all accounts, trying to stay in power by any means possible.

Why did he even hold that rally at all, as an outgoing President? What was the purpose? That’s one of the most damning actions of all. If he didn’t want to agitate, he would have stayed home, instead of holding that incredibly inflammatory event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies