Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 09:11 AM

2,498 posts, read 3,405,402 times

Advertisements

Cassidy Hutchinson's carefully prepared 'surprise' remarks are second hand rumors--hearsay--but more likely flat out lies. She has no facts and no evidence. It's another Christine Blasey Ford maneuver. More proof that the deep state liberals are desperate.

It's very difficult to reach a steering wheel from the second row of seats, especially when buckled in. The buckle locks up, restricting movement. And the claims just sound strange and made up.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:14 AM

37,181 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I know what happened. A rally got out of hand and turned into a riot. End of story. There was no "coup." There was no "insurrection." If Donald Trump wanted to be a dictator, he'd come up with a far better plan than what the Democrats are lying about.
The Democrats are not the ones giving testimony. These are Trump's very own, hand picked people.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:16 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Cassidy Hutchinson's carefully prepared 'surprise' remarks are second hand rumors--hearsay--but more likely flat out lies. She has no facts and no evidence. It's another Christine Blasey Ford maneuver. More proof that the deep state liberals are desperate.

It's very difficult to reach a steering wheel from the second row of seats, especially when buckled in. The buckle locks up, restricting movement. And the claims just sound strange and made up.
How about this one?

Trump demanded that the Secret Service let the armed people past the metal detectors "because they aren't here to hurt me".

Old 06-29-2022, 09:16 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
She accurately repeated something somebody told her....if what she was told is not accurate that's not lying under oath. This will get cleared up soon enough. It's like Trump supporters found a sand pebble in the testimony and are trying to convince everybody it's a boulder.
Yup and reminds me of something Mom used to tell me. "Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see."

Old 06-29-2022, 09:17 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Nobody cares about this? There are now almost 3,700 comments.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:18 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,728,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Yup and reminds me of something Mom used to tell me. "Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see."
Unless it's people testifying under oath.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
then she flat out lied under oath...and Liz Cheney aided and abetted her
You sound awfully sure about that. You got a link, or is that just your feelings?

Old 06-29-2022, 09:20 AM

Quote:
She accurately repeated something somebody told her....if what she was told is not accurate that's not lying under oath. This will get cleared up soon enough. It's like Trump supporters found a sand pebble in the testimony and are trying to convince everybody it's a boulder.
Deflection from testimony that he wanted to get to the Capitol to lead the insurrection personally. He knew unless he could stop Pence and the certification of the Electoral College results, his goose was royally cooked.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:23 AM

18,448 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
so you're saying they found a work around....for flat out lying

Old 06-29-2022, 09:26 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
As much as I hate to admit it, a defense attorney would just bury this woman on cross.
I thought she came across as confident of what she was saying. She has a lot of practice now. She will be convincing it a criminal trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
In a one sided dog and pony show which showed numerous times that they manipulated information to prove their point i.e. every time they showed Trump saying people should march to the Capitol they purposefully eliminated the rest of his sentence to go peacefully.

I agree with Aguadulce, a competent defense attorney would have buried her in cross examination.

And again for the millionth time, this is why this a political hit job waste of time. DOJ should be in charge, not a bunch of biased politicians.
The Committee needed to do this inquiry for two reasons. The most important is to create a record and changes in government to ensure this never happens again. The second is to convince the DOJ to prosecute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
The Committee itself is a waste of time. DOJ is already investigating, and they have prosecutorial experience.

This is just a political show.
I think the DOJ was hesitant to prosecute. A current or former President has never been prosecuted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
It’s funny they’re investing all of this effort because they’re scared of Trump running again and no other reason. Reality is DeSantis is probably a bigger threat in 2024 than Trump
This is bigger than Trump. This is about making changes to ensure this nation continues to exist and doesn't collapse.

Quote:
That graphic doesn't dispute anything in Hutchinson's testimony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies