Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 09:28 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
so you're saying they found a work around....for flat out lying
We don't know if it's a lie or not. She claims that one of the secret service agents relayed that story to her. Maybe he was BS'ing her when he said it--maybe just stunned at all the crap going on that day and overexaggerated what happened in the vehicle. Maybe wanted to be entertaining to a "pretty young lady" and impress her. SSA's aren't generally known for their good behavior in the last 15 years or so. None of that would shock me that the agent told her some exaggerated account, never thinking it would come to light.

I don't think she made up the story. The question for me is did the agent relay a story to her that was exaggerated which is known not to be the complete truth? It will be good to have that clarified.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:30 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,417,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
For Peter Alexander to do this, I trust in what he has to say moreso than others. You know why? Because in the press conferences back when Trump was president, he seemed to be a reporter that was from MSNBC and I never thought he was going to speak any good things for Trump. Usually MSNBC and CNN and a few others seemed biased AGAINST Trump in the press conferences they used to have.
You’re reading something into Peter Alexander’s tweet that isn’t there. All it says is that the SS personnel will respond to the allegations. That means they will give their version of events, not that Hutchinson’s recounting is incorrect. It will be very interesting when we find out what they have to say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Typical Trump fan (rowingfiend), ignore the actual facts and believe whatever you want to believe.

Trump was melting down like a nuclear reactor and his inner circle realized they were going down with the Captain of the Crazy Ship. Not only did he lose, he was a sore loser about it. Anyone who entered the capitol illegally that day needs to be sent to jail.........protest all you want but smash down the doors and enter you broke the law.

I voted for him twice. First time was the "drain the swamp" fantasy. I had hopes he would be able to shake things up. 2nd time it was really a lesser of 2 evils, I didn't care for his style or his dozens of staff turnovers and then filling offices with friends/family but Sleepy Joe wasn't going to be the answer either (47 years in govt and now he is ready to fix things!).

It was a failed experiment, he looked like a clown in front of the whole world. His antics were tacky, his behavior was childish and Putin played him like a child getting a new toy.

I'd be stunned if he doesn't get brought up on charges before the end of the summer.
Thank you for commenting. I’m very heartened to see that some minds remain open!

Old 06-29-2022, 09:31 AM

2,497 posts, read 3,403,014 times
Hearsay - Unverified information heard or received from another. Rumor.

It's not established as fact nor as evidence. Simply more desperate political theater from Nancy Pelosi and Susan Rice's team of liberals.

Cassidy Hutchinson and her carefully orchestrated 'surprise' remarks and her exaggeratedly straight posture, to seem more believable--so Christine Blasey Ford and phony. Very pathetic to be the next brainwashed liberal liar. That is all the Democrats have--their failed leadership and their bags of lies. Lies about illegal immigrants, lies about their agendas....

Old 06-29-2022, 09:32 AM

9,398 posts, read 11,147,212 times
It's not an "assault" if the gendarmes open the doors and invite people in. Fortunately for this Russian Show Trials Committee all the traditional commie-loving networks will cover it and comment oh so favorably and condemn those Wascawwy Wepubwicans in the harshest terms.

Was this scripted in Hollywood? Oh, I forgot, The Swamp has their own corps of paranoid delusionals.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:33 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,417,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Hearsay - Unverified information heard or received from another. Rumor.

It's not established as fact nor as evidence. Simply more desperate political theater from Nancy Pelosi and Susan Rice's team of liberals.

Cassidy Hutchinson and her carefully orchestrated 'surprise' remarks and her exaggeratedly straight posture, to seem more believable--so Christine Blasey Ford and phony. Very pathetic to be the next liberal brainwashed liar.
Testimony given under oath IS evidence. Why do you not believe Trump supporters’ own testimony?

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Time to get the actual agents back and cross-examine. They won't do that though, because this is all a farce. Capitol Theater, now they drag out this disgraceful, self-serving, low end aide to share rumors? This is Blasey-Ford all over again.

7,826 posts, read 2,724,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
It's not an "assault" if the gendarmes open the doors and invite people in. Fortunately for this Russian Show Trials Committee all the traditional commie-loving networks will cover it and comment oh so favorably and condemn those Wascawwy Wepubwicans in the harshest terms.

Was this scripted in Hollywood? Oh, I forgot, The Swamp has their own corps of paranoid delusionals.
How about the direct testimony from Trump's Inner Circle under oath? Any thoughts?

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Unless it's people testifying under oath.
Sorry to say people lie under oath, too. But in Ms. Hutchinson's case, is she really lying? She's repeating a story told to her and in a court setting this wouldn't be allowed but this isn't a court hearing and she's not giving testimony of what she saw and heard from the POTUS. Well, except for the ketchup stained wall and a broken plate of food. The aftermath of what might be considered a temper tantrum.

I'll be interested to hear what the secret service members say.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:39 AM

4,159 posts, read 4,872,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I thought she came across as confident of what she was saying. She has a lot of practice now. She will be convincing it a criminal trial.

The Committee needed to do this inquiry for two reasons. The most important is to create a record and changes in government to ensure this never happens again. The second is to convince the DOJ to prosecute.

I think the DOJ was hesitant to prosecute. A current or former President has never been prosecuted.

This is bigger than Trump. This is about making changes to ensure this nation continues to exist and doesn't collapse.

That graphic doesn't dispute anything in Hutchinson's testimony.
My SO said that Hutchinson was reading her answers from a notebook as if the questions and answers were already scripted in addition to laughing during her "testimony". Any hearsay evidence should not be allowed and it also appears that Hutchinson lied about personally writing the note advising Trump what to say. I agree with others who say a good defense attorney would rip her to shreds and her testimony is no longer credible "evidence".

Old 06-29-2022, 09:41 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
My SO said that Hutchinson was reading her answers from a notebook as if the questions and answers were already scripted in addition to laughing during her "testimony". Any hearsay evidence should not be allowed and it also appears that Hutchinson lied about personally writing the note advising Trump what to say. I agree with others who say a good defense attorney would rip her to shreds and her testimony is no longer credible "evidence".
She was previously interviewed and it would appear her notes come from her previous testimony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies