Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 02:32 PM

1,281 posts, read 1,419,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I get the feeling that WhiteHouse Staff uses "The Beast" to mean any of the vehicles that the President rides in whether it is the Limo or SUV. I am sure the Secret Service would specify. But, the way the WhiteHouse have talked about the President's transport, I have never heard any of them distinguish between the SUV or the Car.

In fact, making people say "The Beast" for any vehicle Trump is in sounds exactly like something Trump would demand.
That’s what I’ve been thinking too: as it is with Air Force One, the designation applies to the vehicle in which the President is traveling. Clearly Hutchinson and others who are familiar with the nomenclature referred to it as the Beast, and the peanut gallery doesn’t know better.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:33 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,776 times
Interesting Update from the MSM

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...rvice-00043164

Secret Service: Jan. 6 committee didn't reach out before Hutchinson's explosive Trump testimony
The agency says it got no outreach for 10 days before the committee aired testimony about Donald Trump's behavior in the presidential vehicle on Jan. 6.

Quote:
And the committee’s lack of outreach in the days before Hutchinson’s hearing is notable because the Secret Service has said Jan. 6 investigators can access any documents or witnesses they deem relevant.

Earlier this year, the committee already asked the head of Trump’s detail on Jan. 6 — who was with Trump riding from the “Stop the Steal” rally to the White House that day — about that car trip. That agent, Robert Engel, gave testimony at the time that appears to be consistent with Hutchinson’s story but is not known to include the stunning details Hutchinson described.

The totality of Engel’s earlier testimony, however, is not fully known.

It’s not clear why the select panel didn’t seek further corroboration from the Secret Service as it planned Hutchinson’s hearing. Members of the select committee have said they welcome any more information about the Secret Service altercation that witnesses would provide under oath.
Let's see what people say under oath

Old 06-29-2022, 02:39 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,266 times
Thank goodness for the issue of the Secret Service and the Beast so the Kool-aid drinkers can ignore Trump's clear conspiracy to obstruct the process of government, defraud the people, and destroy the tradition of a peaceful transition of power. That way they won't have to be disgusted, as star witness Cassidy Hutchison was, by Trump's unpatriotic actions.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Thank goodness for the issue of the Secret Service and the Beast so the Kool-aid drinkers can ignore Trump's clear conspiracy to obstruct the process of government, defraud the people, and destroy the tradition of a peaceful transition of power. That way they won't have to be disgusted, as star witness Cassidy Hutchison was, by Trump's unpatriotic actions.
It's a sand pebble that they are trying to make look like a boulder.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleprompter View Post
The Secret Service tries to be apolitical is my guess and didn't want to get mired in this drama.

So far it seems like we have 2 versions of a story.

1) Trump assaulted people in the limo and tried to grab the steering wheel.

We know this because a woman who was not there heard from a man who was not there, from an anonymous source.

If it didn't happen, she can't get in trouble for perjury, because even if wrong she will be able to show that she heard it from a guy who heard it from another guy, hence no perjury. And the guy she heard it from can't get in trouble because he wasn't under oath and may have believed his anonymous source.

2) Version #1 is wrong.

We know this because NBC's Alexander is reporting that 2 secret service agents in the limo including the lead agent and the agent driving the car are willing to testify under oath that it didn't happen that way.

If they are wrong and do testify under oath they will lose their jobs and face other perjury consequences.

Is it responsible for the MSM to run wild with version 1 without balancing it out with version 2?
What do you mean bu...if they were wrong??

Old 06-29-2022, 02:50 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,320,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I get the feeling that WhiteHouse Staff uses "The Beast" to mean any of the vehicles that the President rides in whether it is the Limo or SUV. I am sure the Secret Service would specify. But, the way the WhiteHouse have talked about the President's transport, I have never heard any of them distinguish between the SUV or the Car.

In fact, making people say "The Beast" for any vehicle Trump is in sounds exactly like something Trump would demand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
That’s what I’ve been thinking too: as it is with Air Force One, the designation applies to the vehicle in which the President is traveling. Clearly Hutchinson and others who are familiar with the nomenclature referred to it as the Beast, and the peanut gallery doesn’t know better.

Dan Bongino shed light on this on his podcast today. If you don't know, he's a former SS agent. During the Clinton administration, he said the Lincoln they used for the POTUS broke down a lot, and it was because the vehicle couldn't handle the modifications done to it to protect the POTUS. This was because Lincoln would just take the fanciest car the White House wanted, and would then throw all the modifications on after. So Bongino said the SS dubbed it the "stinkin' Lincoln" because the care almost always broke down whenever they were riding with Clinton.

When they finally switched to Cadillac, who actually took an existing design back to the drawing board, so that it could be properly outfitted with all the protection it needed, Bongino said everyone was in shock an awe with how great of a job they did. So he said a few of the agents, and WH staff responded with, "Wow look at that beast!" or "That thing is a beast!" Next thing they knew, journalists who reported on the story for the unveil of the President's new vehicle began to dub it "the beast." And it's because they kept overhearing it that day they were invited to see it, so they figured they'd unofficially name it that.

And from there the name stuck. Really don't get why people are so up in arms over it lol.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
Dan Bongino shed light on this on his podcast today. If you don't know, he's a former SS agent. During the Clinton administration, he said the Lincoln they used for the POTUS broke down a lot, and it was because the vehicle couldn't handle the modifications done to it to protect the POTUS. This was because Lincoln would just take the fanciest car the White House wanted, and would then throw all the modifications on after. So Bongino said the SS dubbed it the "stinkin' Lincoln" because the care almost always broke down whenever they were riding with Clinton.

When they finally switched to Cadillac, who actually took an existing design back to the drawing board, so that it could be properly outfitted with all the protection it needed, Bongino said everyone was in shock an awe with how great of a job they did. So he said a few of the agents, and WH staff responded with, "Wow look at that beast!" or "That thing is a beast!" Next thing they knew, journalists who reported on the story for the unveil of the President's new vehicle began to dub it "the beast." And it's because they kept overhearing it that day they were invited to see it, so they figured they'd unofficially name it that.

And from there the name stuck. Really don't get why people are so up in arms over it lol.
Out of all the testimony yesterday....it's the only thing they have to create a distraction....which speaks for itself.

Old 06-29-2022, 02:56 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The Republican's minority leader did appoint members to the committee, Pelosi refused to seat them. You need to read up on this. Pelosi went against a century of precedence by refusing to allow the minority party appoint it's own members to House committees.
They had their bite at the apple and refused. On their own heads be it.

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/28/10005...6-capitol-riot

Old 06-29-2022, 02:57 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times
Cassidy Hutchinson: (33:52)

When we were in the offstage announce area tent behind the stage, he was very concerned about the shot, meaning the photograph that we would get because the rally space wasn’t full. One of the reasons, which I previously stated, was because he wanted it to be full and for people to not feel excluded because they’d come far to watch him at the rally. And he felt the mags were at fault for not letting everybody in, but another leading reason and likely the primary reason is because he wanted it full. And he was angry that we weren’t letting people through the mags with weapons. What the secret service deemed as weapons and are weapons, but when we were in the offstage announce tent, I was part of a conversation… I was in the vicinity of a conversation where I overheard the president say something to the effect of, “I don’t f’ing care that they have weapons. They’re not here to hurt me, take the f’ing mags away, let my people in. They can March the capital from here. Let the people in, take the f’ing mags away.”

This is one of the examples that I believed could be hearsay, which is why we I believe that we need corroborating testimony (if this were a trial, which it is not).

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts...-22-transcript

Last edited by AguaDulce; 06-29-2022 at 03:18 PM..

Old 06-29-2022, 02:58 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
https://www.axios.com/2021/07/21/pel...lect-committee

She only rejected two, because they were involved. The other three were accepted, but then McCarthy pulled them.

In my post above, I cited Mr. Trump, whom last week went on a radio show and said that Mr. McCarthy's action in pulling all from the committee was a mistake on McCarthy's part.

Now, I recall that when this was going on, the general consensus herein was that Mr. McCarthy had Mr. Trump's approval to pull the remaining three Republicans from the committee. In other words, there is no way that Mr. McCarthy was acting against Mr. Trump's wishes.

So, now Mr. Trump is acting that Mr. McCarthy did go against his wishes.

I imagine that Mr. McCarthy has proof that Mr. Trump backed him. However, Mr. McCarthy, blinded by his ambition to be Speaker, will not dare cross Mr. Trump.

If Mr. Trump said that Mr. McCarthy was unwise, then Mr. McCarthy will meekly accept the verdict.

Of course, Mr. Trump may have voiced his approval of McCarthy's actions back then, but I haven't looked for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies