Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2022, 09:35 PM

1,162 posts, read 456,146 times

Advertisements

Was it just tonight?

Old 06-09-2022, 09:36 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Interesting. Even the despicable Ivanka didn’t believe there was actual election fraud. I didn’t know that.

Yet many people on this forum still do.

I wonder how many of those duped into rioting at the Capitol now realise they were played?

Also interesting that Pence repeatedly called for the military to quell the riot while Trump did nothing. I find that rather telling.

Btw, the developed world are all having issues with high petrol prices and inflation. Yet these hearings are headline news, nonetheless. I guess we’re capable of caring about two things at once.
She believed Bill Barr when he told Trump he had lost, and there was no evidence of fraud. Either that or she just lied and threw daddy under the bus to save her own tuchas. Either scenario is quite possible. She’s still a Trump.

Old 06-09-2022, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I've been binge watching the Gilmore Girls all day. Looks like there was some excitement at the hearings. Should be a good show, whenever the next episode drops.
Tuesday coming. I think at 10:00 A.M.

Old 06-09-2022, 09:37 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Absolutely not.

I can't support anything about this because the intent is so fake and against any sort of real justice.

It's all political expediency.

The same people undertaking all of this are the same people tanking our economy and country.

God sees all and will deal with them in His time.

I've had the tv tuned to Tucker, Hannity and now Laura Ingraham while talking on the phone to an old High School buddy and cooking a brisket on the smoker, haven't really paid much attention to their coverage.

So is January 6th hanging and Trump Impeachment 8.0 gonna exonerate all the idiots who voted for Biden, will it lower fuel prices, will it stop the Border Crisis, stop the destruction of Ukraine, or straighten out the damage caused by Joe Biden's Higher Power... aka Hunter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfalie View Post
Liz isn't a Democrat. Her voting record firmly Republican. FFS.
Joe Manchin is, however, a wonderful and exciting democrat. The model democrat, if you will.

Old 06-09-2022, 09:38 PM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
The media is insane to believe the public cares this much about some riot at the capital a year and a half ago. We have $5 gas.
Meh, given the President of a year and a half ago, the one that pedalled absolute crap about “stolen elections” - not just a bit of a fib but flat out lies and untruths - is likely running again, I guess a few people are capable of caring about both.

Old 06-09-2022, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Havent been too successful in fixing any of our problems.
The labor seems to lacking in their ability to actually accomplish anything.

But 7 seem to like pretending they are prosecutors.
Investigators. One step below Prosecutors. Their charter requires them to take their findings to the DOJ, since they are legislative and DOJ is judicial.

Their proposals could actually accomplish quite a bit if they could get a little help from the Senate republicans.

Old 06-09-2022, 09:50 PM

16,069 posts, read 10,726,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
So if the evidence is so strong, why isnt this in a criminal court?
Why just this political theatre?
That is an interesting point. Would Trump get a fair trial? How would you select a jury? It would be very difficult. Would he plea bargain? What would the security arrangements be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The DOJ will be the entity that brings charges. They are waiting for transcripts of all of the Committee’s interviews, which they won’t get until the televised hearings finish. Have no fear, you will get your wish.

They are working with DOJ, but in a way, this is sealing Trump's fate as much or more than a criminal trial and conviction would. He will join Benedict Arnold and Aaron Burr as traitors and seditious conspirators. Worse than Nixon. That will be his historical legacy. The indisputable evidence is being presented to history and to future generations. He has already been impeached twice. Nixon was pardoned without a conviction so some future sympathetic president could do that. As with Nixon, it won't matter.

Trump claims to be a "stable genius". His only way out would be some sort of insanity or temporary derangement excuse but that would be too hard for him to admit. There were reports of his deteriorated mental state after the election and even a possible suicide watch in the White House. Perhaps a case could be made. Betsy DeVos apparently talked to Pence about invoking the 25th Amendment after the insurrection.

Old 06-09-2022, 10:04 PM

4,376 posts, read 1,693,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Short answer: He didn’t. That was specifically mentioned in the opening remarks.

Trump was CIC. CICs don’t “request” that troops do anything. They order them to. If he had, Pelosi would have had no say in it and no power to stop them from being there.
I think there are some legalities here. I believe the POTUS cannot really station the military on US grounds. I also believe the governors control the National guard, not the POTUS.I can be wrong about both of these, but I remember reading this (or something like this) when some riots were happening. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Old 06-09-2022, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I think there are some legalities here. I believe the POTUS cannot really station the military on US grounds. I also believe the governors control the National guard, not the POTUS.I can be wrong about both of these, but I remember reading this (or something like this) when some riots were happening. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.
I’ll wait with you to see, then. Either way, Nancy had nothing to do with it. It’s been changed now so that he Capitol Police can directly request backup if needed.

Old 06-09-2022, 10:10 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
I watched it but had to turn it off when they stared showing video of them rushing the Capital.
Stupid People
Bill Barr Statement was pretty funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies