Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 07:59 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Bret Baier (Fox News) on Trump disputing Cassidy Hutchinson's Jan. 6 testimony:

"She's under oath, he's on Truth Social"

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6308653675112
The uncomfortable silence from the panel after Bret's question on this clip is just priceless...priceless!

Old 06-30-2022, 08:00 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
They think the fat orange man was able to overtake two armed secret service agents in the back seat to get to the front seat where he had to overtake the secret service agent and then with one hand strangle the driver, while with his other hand steer the car.

All this while they claimed he could not drink water without TWO hands....LOL!
Nobody said he did any of that.

I understand you’re being facetious, but you need to take it up with SSA Ornato, he’s the one that said Trump lunged for the wheel.

Beside the recollection that he was irate and pizzed off because Engel wouldn’t allow him to the Capitol, which would have made him full of adrenaline and pretty powerful (he’s a yuge dude) - the agents weren’t going to wrestle him to the ground or shoot him straight out of the gate.

He’s the effing President for gods sake. There’s no way they would lay hands on him unless they had to. He would have easily been able to make his way toward the driver.

Old 06-30-2022, 08:05 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Not the point, are you saying that trump could have done what he was "said" to do with Secret Service agents in the vehicle?
Could Trump have yelled, "I'm the effing President. Take me to the Capitol!" and lunged toward the front seat of the vehicle with his hands out? Of course. He has the emotional maturity of a toddler.

Old 06-30-2022, 08:06 PM

37,173 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Not the point, are you saying that trump could have done what he was "said" to do with Secret Service agents in the vehicle?
Reach over the front seat for the wheel and gesture towards an agent's throat? Certainly.

That, BTW, is precisely what Cassidy testified he did.

Old 06-30-2022, 08:09 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
No matter how hard Trump fans avoid watching the hearings, Trump is all done - Desantis inevitably replaces him.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022...p-in-2024.html
Between the J6 hearings and the fact that Roe v. Wade was overruled, Trump is finished as a politician. The GOP has no more use for him.

Now his attention will turn to staying out of prison. Lucky for him, his supporters gave him $250 million he can use for legal fees.

Old 06-30-2022, 08:09 PM

37,173 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
You should watch the 6th televised hearing. All your questions will be answered.
I posted the link for him, and noted where the pertinent video begins.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him think.

Old 06-30-2022, 08:11 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
This graph JohnBoy shared from WWCNCNEWS:

content://com.android.chrome.FileProvider/images/screenshot/165663211918313977736.jpg

One does not need to be a full-on Trump supporter to see the hypocrisy...does anyone else notice something glaringly obvious, or am I just wanting a fair observation?

If Ornato refutes, testifies and says/denies DJT did not do what Cassidy Hutchinson testified she was told....it does not prove DJT knew anything of the sort, or that he endorsed it, as the graph states. In other words, the "news" graph is slanting this one way only. Which is apparently what everyone wants. Why bother having this hearing, then?

What about those of us who want the truth, no matter what that means for anyone involved? We accept that the full truth is not yet known, yet we're being told here we are in denial. There's a major disconnect & I cannot possibly be the only one who recognizes that.

I'm very interested in what the SS agent(s) will have to say when they testify, & I wonder why - when all reports say they are ready willing and able to talk - why hasn't Cheney and the committee called them immediately as they did with Hutchinson?

I'll be catching up later since I couldn't get away from work... (btw, from the # of pages from morning to end of work day today, I have to guess most of you here are retired or independently wealthy....or playing keyboard warrior on your boss's dime).
That’s quite a nice bit of virtue signalling you’ve got going on there.

The rest of us lazy, unproductive, wilfully ignorant adorable posters you’ve so neatly boxed might start to think you’ve got the outlook of what some would call an elitist leftist.

See you when you next deign to join us.

Old 06-30-2022, 08:25 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
So, now after someone speaks, they can just say that's my "OPINION" and does not have not be proven (I'm gonna have to remember that one)?

The SUV story, well, since it was supposed to be in the beast, well...lets just leave that there.
It was not the Beast. It was the SUV.

Do you think (asking your opinion here) that the story about Trump in the SUV is relevant to anything?

Old 06-30-2022, 08:27 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
First The Washington Examiner and now Fox News. Can't be long til Tucker Carlson is claiming he always knew Trump was a lying RINO.
Lol.

Old 06-30-2022, 08:30 PM

2,896 posts, read 991,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
That’s quite a nice bit of virtue signalling you’ve got going on there.

The rest of us lazy, unproductive, wilfully ignorant adorable posters you’ve so neatly boxed might start to think you’ve got the outlook of what some would call an elitist leftist.

See you when you next deign to join us.

Hahahaha!

BINGO.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies