Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2022, 07:53 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,194,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Pence actually called the joint chiefs for assistance but found out that he did not have the power.
Yep. Pence was terrified to stay, and scared to death to leave, figuring they driver would not bring him back to the capitol. Calling for the NG was a Hail Mary.

Old 07-04-2022, 08:42 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

I can't stop laughing reading the text messages of the Democrat's star witness, Cassidy Hutchinson, stating she thought the entire political action committee's hearing are a complete bunch of B.S.

And another one bites the dust for Democrats!
According to the Washington Examiner she was a true Trump Conservative

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...or-power-again

Quote:
Hutchinson’s resume alone should establish her credibility. The 25-year-old had already worked at the highest levels of conservative Republican politics, including in the offices of Sen. Ted Cruz (TX) and House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (LA), before becoming a top aide for former Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows.

n short, Hutchinson was a conservative Trumpist true believer and a tremendously credible one at that. She did not overstate things, did not seem to be seeking attention, and was very precise about how and why she knew what she related and about which testimony was firsthand and which was secondhand but able to be corroborated.

What Hutchinson relayed was disturbing. She gave believable accounts of White House awareness that the planned Jan. 6 rally could turn violent. She repeated testimony that Trump not only knew that then-Vice President Mike Pence’s life had been credibly threatened that day but also that he was somewhere between uncaring and actually approving of Pence’s danger.

Old 07-04-2022, 08:45 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Hey RMESMH, here is you chance to prove me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.
I’m not going to go looking for JohnBoy’s post, but I happened to see your post, so I’ll reply.

I think JohnBoy is wrong.

There are worse choices than Trump, and I also think he is way underestimating Trump’s support…..that if he thinks what he’s saying is true…that’s wishful thinking.

Just because there are worse choices doesn’t excuse anyone having voted for three major candidates as lacking in character as Biden, Trump, and Hillary are.

I’m guessing JohnBoy doesn’t feel that way about Biden.

BTW, those who go on and on about Trump being the worst president ever might find themselves arguing against a source they might otherwise agree with. C-SPAN recently did a pretty in depth analysis of all past Presidents, and they didn’t rank Trump as the worst.

Old 07-04-2022, 08:56 AM

6,735 posts, read 4,418,450 times
'' People call for someone to speak for the "other side." What "other side", and who would they like to hear testify under oath? I have asked that better than a dozen times in four different threads, and have yet to receive any sort of an answer from anyone.''

I guess you've been watching the wrong channel. Just about all of these people you want to testify, have either asked for pardons, wont come forward, or has already taken the 5th in a deposition. You really want to see who is involved the most, see who benefits the most. You can make all the excuses you want for Trump, He's in this up to his neck.
Besides, it doesnt matter who comes forward to contradict already given testimony. Trump himself said, he'll lead the way with an armed crowd against the US congress. He was talked out of that but it still happened. Again, who benefits the most.

Old 07-04-2022, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
What the GOP insiders and donors know is Trump didn't fold during the Brett K hearing. No other Rep would have had the balls to withstand the 24/7 MSM onslaught. However, because Trump didn't cave he was able to fill the RBG seat just weeks before the election without much of a fight by the Dems. Now, I have no doubt Trump is disliked if not hated by many within the Rep leadership but if they can't argue with success.

2024 will be about the courts, gas prices and the economy.
Among other examples, if Cadet Bonespurs had balls, he would have served rather that accept the fake note that daddy arranged.

Referring to him as having balls is (as well as being a slap in the face to others) a slap in the face to those who did serve.

Old 07-04-2022, 09:01 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I’m not going to go looking for JohnBoy’s post, but I happened to see your post, so I’ll reply.

I think JohnBoy is wrong.

There are worse choices than Trump, and I also think he is way underestimating Trump’s support…..that if he thinks what he’s saying is true…that’s wishful thinking.

Just because there are worse choices doesn’t excuse anyone having voted for three major candidates as lacking in character as Biden, Trump, and Hillary are.

I’m guessing JohnBoy doesn’t feel that way about Biden.

BTW, those who go on and on about Trump being the worst president ever might find themselves arguing against a source they might otherwise agree with. C-SPAN recently did a pretty in depth analysis of all past Presidents, and they didn’t rank Trump as the worst.
So, he does not get the RMESMH standard, not everything is us vs. them? Thanks for proving my point.

And you did not have to go looking for anything, johnboys post was in my quote, post 4741.

Old 07-04-2022, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Of course, we'd all like that Secret Service guy to testify about whether Trump lunged at the steering wheel or not, and if he didn't, then why let the story stand? That's the key to solving this entire mystery.

I've always thought that Secret Service agents never talked about their protectees. That if they did, it might impact security as naturally there would be things that folks wouldn't want security around for.

But if Secret Service agents are able to testify, let's hear it.

Let's hear all of it.
Wasn’t there a former SS agent who wrote a book that made Hillary look pretty bad ?

Old 07-04-2022, 09:09 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
'' People call for someone to speak for the "other side." What "other side", and who would they like to hear testify under oath? I have asked that better than a dozen times in four different threads, and have yet to receive any sort of an answer from anyone.''

I guess you've been watching the wrong channel. Just about all of these people you want to testify, have either asked for pardons, wont come forward, or has already taken the 5th in a deposition. You really want to see who is involved the most, see who benefits the most. You can make all the excuses you want for Trump, He's in this up to his neck.
Besides, it doesnt matter who comes forward to contradict already given testimony. Trump himself said, he'll lead the way with an armed crowd against the US congress. He was talked out of that but it still happened. Again, who benefits the most.
If I was staring 20 years in Club Fed in the face, I'd lay as low as possible as well. Sooner or later the heat is going to get so intense that one of them is going to start melting and talking a blue streak. The smart one will be the first one to flip in exchange for leniency. After that, there may be one or two more plea deals that are not quite as attractive but acceptable, and the rest of them are going to simply be relegated to the sidelines to sit and wait on their indictments.

Not a problem. We can wait.

Old 07-04-2022, 09:11 AM

13,729 posts, read 7,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Among other examples, if Cadet Bonespurs had balls, he would have served rather that accept the fake note that daddy arranged.

Referring to him as having balls is (as well as being a slap in the face to others) a slap in the face to those who did serve.
The fact is he didn't back down despite an intense 24/7 media firestorm. And because he didn't the Dems decided they didn't want another drawn out/ugly confirmation hearing. They quickly folded and the all-important RBG seat was filled just weeks before the election.

I supported Trump specifically because of the courts and although I didn't expect he would win. Win he did and happy he came through.

If Trump should run again (and it looks like he may) he'll get my vote.

Old 07-04-2022, 09:30 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
She refers to the Jan 6 committee as "BS" in text message.

“I had to accept service because the U.S. Marshalls came to my apartment last Wednesday, but I haven’t made contact with the Committee. I’m just on a tight timeline and just trying to figure out what my options are to deal with this BS,” Hutchinson added.

So like MILLIONS of others she recognizes this whole Jan 6 committeee is a bunch of BS!

https://dailycaller.com/2022/07/03/o...6MxIHgfQ2IIfGA
Regardless of what she may have meant while texting someone who may could have helped her, her testimony was not BS and her comment in that text does not diminish that testimony. If anything, it would suggest she was not lying which some of his supporters still say she was

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 07-04-2022 at 10:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies