Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2022, 05:38 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
That's it right there. He said, no she said, no...

Most people didn't watch the hearings. If they got any info. it was probably off sound bites from their local news station like I got here in AZ. The local news mentioned briefly a secret service agent who refuted allegations made by a witness about Trump. Who is right/wrong.. nobody knows. So the ave person tunes it out. They have more important things to worry about like the price of gas and cost of food.
Well, the story about Trump's behavior in the car wasn't the important part of her testimony anyway. It was a sideshow. Only the sideshow makes the local 11 o'clock news.

Old 07-04-2022, 05:38 PM

26,573 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
That's it right there. He said, no she said, no...

engel already gave testimony that doesn't conflict with hutchinson's. most likely he and ornato will be called to testify once the break is over.

Old 07-04-2022, 05:47 PM

13,741 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Well, the story about Trump's behavior in the car wasn't the important part of her testimony anyway. It was a sideshow. Only the sideshow makes the local 11 o'clock news.
But that's just it. The bit about the secret service refuting her testimony is what made the news and what the casual follower of the hearings will remember. That along with the bit about Trump throwing a plate against the wall.

Old 07-04-2022, 05:52 PM

37,188 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
It is if the information was false and she still ran with it. If I hear at school that you did something illegal as hearsay any legit investigation verifies the information with the source and wouldn't put me in the stand. Unless they can verify it then I shouldn't be call up to testify especially when there is not cross examination in Pelosi's court.
I refuse to continue with you until you learn the difference between a hearing and a trial.

Old 07-04-2022, 06:14 PM

2,666 posts, read 1,185,188 times
I'm no expert but to me it appears to be "I was told this or that" "Trump said to find ballots proving they were votes for me that weren't counted" Like as if there would be any to be found if they were omitted on purpose. No one would save them they would have been shredded or burned. They claim he was telling them to make up ballots for him but that is not what I heard when it was that Trump kept telling them to find the ballots. It just looks to me like their interpretation of what he said meant what they were suspicious about now that this hearing is going on. If they truly believed Trump was saying to make up ballots then they would have said something sooner instead of waiting until now. It just seems to me it's an interpretation problem with the way Trump talks. If he is a crooked man and business dealer that to me doesn't automatically mean he was telling anyone to lie or make up ballots for him. Especially when it upset him so much thinking that's what happened to himself. But he can't shut his mouth and let it go because either he was lied to about the polls being in his favor or he is just to hurt that it was a man slow to speak and think beat him at the ballots.

Old 07-04-2022, 06:22 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
That is why we have been saying that nominating Trump in 2024 would be the greatest gift the GOP could hope to give the Democrats. Of course, having him in prison or on the way would also work. Top republicans are terrified he's going to throw in before the Midterms and muck up every candidate they have running, forcing them to choose sides.

If he runs third party or independent, he'll split the republican vote.

Trump is a loser for the GOP now, regardless of what he does. the Examiner, the NY Post, Fox, and Newsmax know it and are all running less than flattering stories about him, which will only intensify as the hearings go on and more criminal shenanigans are brought out into the light.

Good luck. You guys allowed this turd in your kool-aid punchbowl. Now you have to figure out how to get it out gracefully or learn how to drink around him.
You guys? Apparently you are unaware I've been an anti-Trumper.

It seems those on the left get confused when someone is able to think independently from both parties.

Old 07-04-2022, 06:23 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Democrats don't need him on the ballot because the GOP candidates are still having 'Trumpier than thou' contests. The Democrats can run against the Trump legacy which Republican candidates espouse.
Democrats will lose to anyone not named Trump. That's how bad Democrats have screwed things up with the economy and the insane extremist social positions they take.

Signed,

A former Democrat.

Old 07-04-2022, 06:40 PM

26,573 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
If they truly believed Trump was saying to make up ballots then they would have said something sooner instead of waiting until now.

they did.

01/03/21:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=75027350

Old 07-04-2022, 06:59 PM

13,458 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I refuse to continue with you until you learn the difference between a hearing and a trial.
Please do. Hearings and trials are both integral in the justice process.

In law, hearing implies the general assessment of a case by the judge (panel), wherein preliminary decision is taken by the judge (panel), regarding whether the case is to be pursued or not. These are oral arguments, in support of the case, to settle it or make a judgement or to decide relevant aspects of the case, to ascertain the way in which trial will proceed. It can be held for any civil, criminal or administrative proceeding.
In a court hearing, the lawyers of both the parties, i.e. prosecution and defendant, present material, facts, information and evidence before the judge (panel) , concerning the case. After that, the judge (panel) decides whether to hold the accused or not for trial, on the basis of the evidence provided or in this case recommend prosecution for a trial to the DOJ.

We don't have that in this Kangaroo court. All members in the committee have a conflict of interest for already founding Trump to be guilty before the hearing began. No cross examination to the witnesses or evidence. It's a 1 sided hearing to present the case of the side that voted to impeached Trump over the matter.

This wasn't done in the Watergate hearings or Iran Contra Affair. This is the first time it has happen in Congress in 232 years.

Try again. I know you hate Trump and want to nail him and ignore rule of law and process. It says a lot about you.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 07-04-2022 at 07:20 PM..

Old 07-04-2022, 07:14 PM

13,458 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
That's what I have been saying about Herschel Walker in GA.

But crickets from you for Kamala and AOC and Maxine Waters in government. Like I said, as long that they are Democrats and the agenda they push you agree that list and standards goes out the window.

Explain the "experience" or character that made Hillary Clinton run as U.S. Senator in 2000 and make decisions on the country and war? The list is long. You Democrats have NO legs to stand on. It's late and very hypocritical to demand the GOP to follow your requests.

Walker is not using the Senate seat to run for President. Hillary did. She planned this before running for government for the first time but crickets from Democrats. Thanks for the laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies