Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2022, 06:18 AM

4,845 posts, read 3,272,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
Was it just tonight?
It'll be through the 2024 election in one form or another. Just in case.

Old 06-10-2022, 06:37 AM

4,509 posts, read 4,044,124 times
It’s a kangaroo proceeding by an illegitimate government

Old 06-10-2022, 06:42 AM

9,456 posts, read 5,216,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So I am done addressing the willfull ignorers of the truth. If you respond to me, I won't respond back. Takes too much time. Cognitive dissonance.

For those who watched to understand the issues, and the facts, any takeaways?

A couple things stood out:

1. I didn't realize the Proud Boys and the Oathkeepers (but particularly the Proud Boys) had met the night before to map out strategy to breech the capitol and overturn the election, if needed. I knew they were there, but didn't realize they had a very specific plan, and had scoped out the entrances, and were cohesive in their goals and efforts.

2. I was surprised to hear Ivanka's testimony. I don't think I've ever heard her be disloyal to her father before.

Any takeaways that y'all have?
I agree with you Clara and I will continue watching to try to come to my own conclusions about how this actually went down. But I still don't quite understand how eventually they would 'overturn the election.' How would that have been accomplished? I asked this before but the thread is so long now I can't find it or see if anyone posed a reasonable answer? Would they have forced VP Pence to certify? I don't know enough about that part of the process, which I understand now might largely be 'ceremonial.'

I was also surprised at the footage of the meeting the night before between the Proud Boys and the Oathkeepers.

Old 06-10-2022, 06:46 AM

9,456 posts, read 5,216,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Next weeks are Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday I think. I think there are 2 more after those.
I need to get a notebook and lay in some more beer. just kidding....not really.

Old 06-10-2022, 06:49 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
I didn`t watch because I subscribe to 2 newspapers. Watch it or read about it, the score is
USA-1
MAGA-0

Old 06-10-2022, 06:54 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Watching it with the same diligence that was conveyed during the Watergate hearings.
While it was stated early on back in 2020 that the schematics of the capitol were well known by the proud boys and oath keepers,it was interesting to have it on record.
Will continue to watch as the facts are discussed and permanently placed on record for public posterity.

Old 06-10-2022, 06:55 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
J6 was a huge embarrassment for sure, and those involved should definitely be held accountable. What I find a bit interesting though, about this attempted coup, insurrection, darkest day in our democracy is how it was done.
I see thread after thread here about how firearms are the problem, how there are more of them than people in this country, etc....yet only a handful of firearms were found during this allegedly planned coup ? Whatever.

It was a group of people that got themselves worked into a frenzy and things escalated beyond reason. No different than the hundreds of other protests that sparked into violence.
I get it though. One side uses logic for their decisions, the other side emotion. And watching the videos, it certainly can pull in the emotional people. I look at them and just get angry at how stupid people can be. Although I had zero fear that our government was going to be overthrown when this happened.

The airing of these hearings during prime time TV viewing is nothing more than political theater, and a tactic to try and deflect from the train wreck this administration is. Once again, I give the Democrats kudos for doing something that needed to be done (investigation) and also morph it into an election tactic. And the GOP sits by idle , with the deer in the headlights look.

Old 06-10-2022, 06:59 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
Seems like the Democrats are watching it wall to wall. The rest of the country? Not so much! This will be a nothingburger in November and the dummycrats are gonna get their asses kicked!

Old 06-10-2022, 07:12 AM

4,607 posts, read 3,300,134 times
Anyone can watch all this. Anyone has been able to watch all this for the last year. Putin watched all this, you can be sure. That's partly how he got the idea this country was so screwed up that we wouldn't be interested in his little meddling in Ukraine. That and how polarized the rest of Nato and the EU was against us when Trump was in office. Putin didn't realize that this country can pull itself together - despite everything - and unite against a destabilizing attempt by someone like him.

Old 06-10-2022, 07:37 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The DOJ will be the entity that brings charges. They are waiting for transcripts of all of the Committee’s interviews, which they won’t get until the televised hearings finish. Have no fear, you will get your wish.
According to the head of thr Committee - the DOJ won’t get “all the transcripts”.
They will get the .transcripts that the Committee wants them to have.

Jan. 6 committee chair says panel won’t provide DOJ ‘unilateral’ access - The Hill

” If they want to come in and say we want to look at something, that’s fine. But my understanding is they want to have access to our work product. And we told them no, we’re not giving that to anybody,” Thompson told reporters Tuesday evening.

“I mean, the reality is, we are conducting our own investigation. And obviously if they want to come and talk, they’re perfectly welcome to come and talk, and we have talked to them on other situations, but we can’t give them full access to our product.

Apparently the “investigation” is too secret to give it to the DOJ. They will only allow them to have parts of it.

Meanwhile — numbers were just released on the Economy.
Dow was up $30, before the release. Dropping like a rock. Down almost $500 now.

Inflation still rising— people probably care more about that than they do a Theatrical Kangaroo Court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies