Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2022, 09:25 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,785,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
The committee is. If you can't admit this then that's on you. The DOJ can't use the committee because it's tainted of bias. That's why after the impeachment and Trump left government it should have been done by the DOJ or Special Prosecutor. The DOJ isn't going to touch this.
Then John Eastman and Jeffrey Clark don’t have to worry about the FBI raiding their homes and seizing their electronics. Just because you asked for a pardon and the fbi has a warrant for your house no biggie.

Old 07-12-2022, 09:34 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Good summary. But you missed the line that Cipollone set a "land speed record" to get to the meeting when he heard the crazies - Trump, Powell, Rudy and the CEO of Overstock (the crazies) were together.

haha
Cipollone probably felt like a cat wrangler in room of rocking chairs

Old 07-12-2022, 09:47 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
The image of Rudy, Sidney Powell, Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne, and Trump meeting secretly plotting their illegal moves in the Oval Office when the staffers barge in, followed by the ensuing verbal "screaming" and apparent threats of physical personal violence is going to be interesting in the movie version. This was about 6 weeks after the election. Challenges have not been going anywhere and were being thrown out of court. Anyone with half a brain, most of the people in the room, would have realized that the election was lost, unless they have discarded the whole notion of a fair election and are actively and seditiously seeking the overthrow of the constitutional transfer of power and a coup. People at that level of government have experienced other elections closer than this one. Stone and Flynn were not at the meeting but were surely involved. While they all are spreading the big lie, they surely cannot sustain the charade among themselves that there was sufficient fraud to change the outcome. Trump's seditious plot certainly was multi-faceted even before the events leading directly to January 6 insurrection. Special attention needs to be focused more on that meeting and what was going on at the Willard Hotel.
No one has spent lot of time talking about it but Eastman has had this theory for a while—
It isn’t new particularly and it harks back to all the Federalist nuts who believe that states’ rights have been eroded by an “active/intrusive” judiciary

So there could be people who are pushing Eastman’s theory that we haven’t really heard/see any allusion to being involved….

This link to to explanation of the case the SC will hear in its next session that basically mirrors Eastman’s coup proposal—which would allow state legislature to void the results of a legal election without really providing any proof of fraud
The Big Lie is trying to become True
https://www.democracydocket.com/news...supreme-court/

Old 07-12-2022, 11:35 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
one thing that bugged today was the use of the bizarre voice distortion and cheap audio graphic for the twitter employee's testimony. i wish they just would have had a congressional aide with a decent public speaking voice read the transcript.

Old 07-13-2022, 12:58 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,411,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
one thing that bugged today was the use of the bizarre voice distortion and cheap audio graphic for the twitter employee's testimony. i wish they just would have had a congressional aide with a decent public speaking voice read the transcript.
That bothered me too. At times, I thought I was listening to Charlie Brown's teacher ("Mwah mwah. Mwah mwah mwah?").

Forget the congressional aide. Get a professional voice actor. Hey, we can work cheap.

Old 07-13-2022, 04:12 AM

7,636 posts, read 8,709,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I hadn't seen this before. It explains a lot of the posts here that use the exact wording Stone used.

Thanks.
I don't know what you are talking about as I didn't read the thread. His statements were well made. As for using the exact wording, it applies to countless "arguments" by snowflakes who seem to have a common handbook telling them what to say regarding politics as well as the vaccines.

Old 07-13-2022, 04:16 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
It is if they are about to testify against you.
That's not how I read the statute. But it will be up to the DOJ to decide if they have enough evidence. One thing for sure is that LC was making sure DT knows that people are reporting contacts and attempted contacts with witnesses.

Old 07-13-2022, 05:09 AM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Trump was running with the 36 page Navarro report but it was sorely lacking in details and many of the claims were already addressed in court.

Quote:
Director of the Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy Peter Navarro published a lengthy report Thursday outlining several examples of voting irregularities that are “more than sufficient” to swing the outcome of the election in President Trump’s favor.

The 36-page report “assesses the fairness and integrity of the 2020 Presidential Election by examining six dimensions of alleged election irregularities across six key battleground states” and concludes that “patterns of election irregularities ... are so consistent across the six battleground states that they suggest a coordinated strategy to, if not steal the election, strategically game the election process in such a way as to ... unfairly tilt the playing field in favor of the Biden-Harris ticket.”
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ctory-to-trump

https://bannonswarroom.com/wp-conten...12.15.20-1.pdf

Old 07-13-2022, 05:23 AM

37,181 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trump was running with the 36 page Navarro report but it was sorely lacking in details and many of the claims were already addressed in court.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ctory-to-trump

https://bannonswarroom.com/wp-conten...12.15.20-1.pdf
I would imagine Mr. Navarro is watching the Steve Bannon story play out with keen interest, since he is headed down the same road behind him. Once Bannon is found guilty, he might be persuaded to tell what he knows.

Old 07-13-2022, 05:31 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,221,264 times
Quote:
Eleven people have been charged with seditious conspiracy. Three members of the Oath Keepers have pleaded guilty and agreed to cooperate with the DOJ's investigations. It would be interesting to hear from any or all of them as to how they happened to end up at the capitol on 1/6.
I agree. The hearing yesterday showed footage of Alex Jones from Info Wars and some other person (who I didn't know) calling for action on Jan 6. They seem to have taken Trumps December tweet and used it as a rallying cry. I've come this far. I'll see it through by tuning in for the last (I hope) hearing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies