Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2022, 11:20 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Honestly, I don't know a lot about voting laws but if their is an indictment of facts with the law, I can have an opinion and I can have a final opinion with a conviction by law. Why are you forcing people to convict Americans without due process?

It's asking me to convict Kavanaugh for crimes based on opinions and unchallenged testimonies.

Are you a lawyer specialized in voting laws? or a lawyer at all? have you convicted anybody in court?
All you were asked for was an opinion. You still haven’t expressed one.

Old 07-18-2022, 11:24 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,419,035 times
Quote:
Alleged: a claim or assertion that someone has done something illegal or wrong, typically one made without proof:

My answer to you is: I don't lose any sleep on allegations especially in politics. How do you want me to feel? I don't feel anything. Just like the allegations on Kavanaugh. It was fun to watch but what exactly I'm supposed to feel? Go to court, get an indictment and then a conviction and you will have bragging rights forever about what your feelings.

I don't know what else you want me to feel?
If you are a voting citizen of the U.S., I'd expect you to have some opinion on whether or not such conduct is desirable. You clearly have an opinion on the hearings themselves, so I'm asking for your opinion about one of the elements of the activity they are investigating.

Do you think that in general, following the law is a good idea? Or is ignoring the law OK right up until the time one is convicted?

Old 07-18-2022, 11:28 AM

13,442 posts, read 4,287,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
All you were asked for was an opinion. You still haven’t expressed one.

I don't have an opinion on allegations especially in politics. I do have an opinion about the process. 2 different things. My opinion is I don't give 2 cents in allegations in politics and if you can't back it up with a court indictment or a conviction, how do you want me to feel exactly?

If I act like you, my opinions would be all over the place each day in this forum based on allegations they print. I don't base guilt or not on people on allegations.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 07-18-2022 at 11:40 AM..

Old 07-18-2022, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
If you are a voting citizen of the U.S., I'd expect you to have some opinion on whether or not such conduct is desirable. You clearly have an opinion on the hearings themselves, so I'm asking for your opinion about one of the elements of the activity they are investigating.

Do you think that in general, following the law is a good idea? Or is ignoring the law OK right up until the time one is convicted?
So you base guilt on allegations and feelings? Kavanaugh shouldn't be in the S.C. deciding for the nation if We go by your thinking.

I told you my opinion. You just don't like it. You want to convict people without due process based on feelings or opinion. My problem is with the process. Which you also disagree. Isn't that enough of opinions until it gets to a court and due process? or you have a problem with that too?

Old 07-18-2022, 11:42 AM

Quote:
So you base guilt on allegations and feelings? Kavanaugh shouldn't be in the S.C. deciding for the nation if We go by your thinking.

I told you my opinion. You just don't like it. You want to convict people without due process based on feelings or opinion. My problem is with the process. Which you also disagree. Isn't that enough of opinions until it gets to a court and due process? or you have a problem with that too?
Sometimes it feels as though we are not speaking the same language. I'm asking how you would feel if the Democrats tried to do what the Republicans are being accused of. I'm not asking you to convict anyone, as I am not convicting anyone.

Asking again: Do you think that in general, following the law is a good idea? Or is ignoring the law OK right up until the time one is convicted?

Old 07-18-2022, 11:54 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
I don't have an opinion on allegations especially in politics. I do have an opinion about the process. 2 different things. My opinion is I don't give 2 cents in allegations in politics and if you can't back it up with a court indictment or a conviction, how do you want me to feel exactly?

If I act like you, my opinions would be all over the place each day in this forum based on allegations they print. I don't base guilt or not on people on allegations.
Obviously you cannot truthfully answer the question without embarrassing yourself. You confirmed my opinion. I won’t ask again. Thanks.

Old 07-18-2022, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
Sometimes it feels as though we are not speaking the same language. I'm asking how you would feel if the Democrats tried to do what the Republicans are being accused of. I'm not asking you to convict anyone, as I am not convicting anyone.

Asking again: Do you think that in general, following the law is a good idea? Or is ignoring the law OK right up until the time one is convicted?

LMAO! I have seen the political process since the '70's. I know how the game is played by both sides. If 1 sided accuses the other side of a crime, it gets my attention with popcorn. If it's all allegations that can't get a conviction in court or due process denied then it's all theatrics, then my feelings is "business as usual in politics"

What exactly I'm supposed to feel? isn't that what they want? to tell us how to feel so we go vote one way or the other?

Again, my opinion is this: If you have allegations of a crime, take it to court where it should be in the first place not in the political arena which is Congress. As a matter of fact, the more it stays in Congress, the less I think it's a legit concern and more about politics and elections.

That's my answer. Agree or disagree. Why do you expect for people to believe in the political process from people behind the Russian hoax, Kavanaugh crimes and 2 impeachments? Why do you have a problem with people not believing the people bringing the allegations? Do you understand the problem why millions distrust the political system?

Old 07-18-2022, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Obviously you cannot truthfully answer the question without embarrassing yourself. You confirmed my opinion. I won’t ask again. Thanks.

You promise? You just don't like or respect anybody that has a different answer or narrative than yours. You remind me of the committee. You ask specific questions to get specific answers to push only your narrative and get upset with people that give you the wrong answers and don't agree with you. I got you read months ago.

Old 07-18-2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:
LMAO! I have seen the political process since the '70's. I know how the game is played by both sides. If 1 sided accuses the other side of a crime, it gets my attention with popcorn. If it's all allegations that can't get a conviction in court or due process denied then it's all theatrics, then my feelings is "business as usual in politics"

What exactly I'm supposed to feel? isn't that what they want? to tell us how to feel so we go vote one way or the other?

Again, my opinion is this: If you have allegations of a crime, take it to court where it should be in the first place not in the political arena which is Congress. As a matter of fact, the more it stays in Congress, the less I think it's a legit concern and more about politics and elections.

That's my answer. Agree or disagree. Why do you expect for people to believe in the political process from people behind the Russian hoax, Kavanaugh crimes and 2 impeachments? Why do you have a problem with people not believing the people bringing the allegations? Do you understand the problem why millions distrust the political system?
What I take away from your refusal to understand or answer my question is that you are not serious about anything with respect to our government. And since that's the case, I'll take your future comments with that in mind.

Old 07-18-2022, 12:09 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
You promise? You just don't like or respect anybody that has a different answer or narrative than yours. You remind me of the committee. You ask specific questions to get specific answers to push only your narrative and get upset with people that give you the wrong answers and don't agree with you. I got you read months ago.
It’s been going on for 5+ years. Still waiting to hear when because Trump is going to prison as has been claimed so many times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies