Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2022, 01:41 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,516,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Amazing how huge this thread is considering how many people 'aren't' watching, according to the poll at least. LMAO
I was actually one of the "no" votes. Not sure why but I have been watching. What I don't see live, I get in recaps later on.I am looking forward to Thursday. As someone said upthread, it's going to be "Must Srr TV!"

Old 07-19-2022, 01:43 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,582,897 times
You know what I hate? When i see photos of people who were photographed with their right hand raised while taking the oath But turns out that they were big liars. now when i see anyone hold their hand up like that, I get mad. they're probably going to lie.

Old 07-19-2022, 01:45 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,285,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
You are aware that Kevin McCarthy wanted potential January 6th witnesses and participants on the committee, an obvious impropriety, right? And that Kevin McCarthy himself had direct and pertinent communications with President Trump on January 6th, right? And that Nancy Pelosi was fine with Republican committee members who might be adverse parties, but Kevin McCarthy refused to deal after his proposed witness/participant players were rejected? And that the vast majority of testimony and evidence has come from partisan Republicans?

You are legit concerned about abuse of power? Tune in to the hearings, they are presenting a lot of information on that topic.
I don't want to repeat myself for the 50th time. Read the WSJ editorial board about your allegations. It kills all of that. What Pelosi did was unprecedented. She can select Adam Schiff who is a Trump hater and a liar to the committee but she has problems with 2 Republicans who will challenge her narrative and not only that but bring up to the light why Congress was so poorly prepared and not ready prior to 1/6 making Pelosi look very bad and show a big light where Pelosi wants to keep dark.

Again, UNPRECEDENTED in the history of Congress. In Pelosi We trust now and We have to listen to her for the truth but you call people that have concerns cult members?

Old 07-19-2022, 01:53 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,130,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
people read or we have to watch the ugly faces in the committee and the made up show and lights and read what comes out of their mouths? I wonder how people got informed in this country before the age of t.v. Poor souls.
So you think all these people are reading transcripts? Otherwise.....

Old 07-19-2022, 02:01 PM

25,439 posts, read 9,796,800 times
Quote:
I don't want to repeat myself for the 50th time. Read the WSJ editorial board about your allegations. It kills all of that. What Pelosi did was unprecedented. She can select Adam Schiff who is a Trump hater and a liar to the committee but she has problems with 2 Republicans who will challenge her narrative and not only that but bring up to the light why Congress was so poorly prepared and not ready prior to 1/6 making Pelosi look very bad and show a big light where Pelosi wants to keep dark.

Again, UNPRECEDENTED in the history of Congress. In Pelosi We trust now and We have to listen to her for the truth but you call people that have concerns cult members?
What's unprecedented is what happened on January 6th.

Old 07-19-2022, 02:34 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,406,815 times
Quote:

Wall Street Journal editorial writers are totally trustworthy sources, but the Speaker of the Arizona House and the Georgia State Attorney General, staunch right wing conservative Republicans testifying under oath, are part of a kangaroo court. Got it.

I've read the WSJ editorial, btw. It's an opinion piece.

Old 07-19-2022, 02:43 PM

51,648 posts, read 25,800,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Amazing how huge this thread is considering how many people 'aren't' watching, according to the poll at least. LMAO
My thoughts exactly.

Old 07-19-2022, 02:48 PM

20,369 posts, read 14,644,040 times
Quote:
Your post is too long of partisan garbage. None of the witnesses is proof of criminal guilt of Trump. It's just a narrative of Pelosi. I can have your own mother say bad things about you in a Kangaroo court.

You are another one that doesn't have a problem of a Democrat Speaker using Congress to criminally investigate private citizens of the opposing party and publicly accused them of crimes and leaks to the public. You have NO issues with that. It says a lot about you.

Whenever you see Liz Cheney, ask her if her father finally found the WMD in Iraq. She will have plenty of time to take care of him after the elections. She will have plenty of time to investigate what happened in Iraq. Thanks for the laugh.
Good thing no one makes a drinking game of your posts, we'd all die of alcohol poisoning. Kangaroo court! TDS! Pelosi! blah, blah. Yup, I voted for W back in the day. I loathed Al Gore at the time. It was before 9/11 even happened. Not that ANY of that is really relevant to the conversation, except insofar as the point I made in mentioning my own voting history in the first place...I am no locked-in Democrat, I have spent most of my adult life as an Independent voter. I prefer to make my choices free of party allegiance. Don't feel like I can do that these days. Does that mean that I am forever without any criticism of leaders that I voted for? Of course not. I am not "loyal" to any of these people. I voted for Biden, too, but I feel that he's made a disastrous error related to the fuels markets but that, too, is totally off topic and beside the point.

Anyhow. Thing is, they (the Committee) have really thrown everything they had into this to the point that a LOT is on the line. What I mean by that is, if Trump is not indicted they have a problem and if he's not convicted, they have a bigger one. They might come to regret this, if only because they've put all of their chips on one result.

But for giggles, let's say you're some kind of right and it's all a big ol' witch hunt kangaroo clown show. Let's say. Let's say that Trump is in fact shiny clean and made of gold. A man in that situation would have grounds for the biggest defamation suit in the history of the world. Do you think he'd bring one? I don't. I think that the last thing he wants is to have to prove anything in court. But the proof of that pudding is years out.

But we'll see! My prediction at this point is that Trump will face indictments, possibly in NY or GA or at the Federal level...but that it will be such a procedural crap-show that he will never do time. It will stretch on for ages. And if he runs for Prezzie in 24, he will lose, at least unless the Republicans make it so that State Legislatures directly select electors and throw out the will of voters, which may be the case in a number of states.

Old 07-19-2022, 03:35 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 24 days ago)

27,636 posts, read 16,120,970 times
"It was all for fun, a comedy sketch if you will. Can we all go home now?"

Old 07-19-2022, 03:35 PM

51,648 posts, read 25,800,144 times
I predict that every time it gets close to Trump testifying, another family members takes a fatal tumble.

Marla needs to take precautions.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 07-19-2022 at 04:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies