Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2022, 09:15 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,074,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
You apparently did not watch people inside the Capitol watching and waiting for his word. As soon as he said to go home they knew and many started to leave.

His inaction is indefensible. He was the leader of an attempted coup. He was not the leader of the country. He violated his oath of office.
So they were supposedly extremely unruly and doing everything they possibly could to try to take over the Capitol while watching for a video at the same time. That’s some major multi-tasking with the way folks have described how terrifying they supposedly were.

Fact is he told them to protest peacefully and patriotically and told them to go home. No matter how one tries to deflect from it or say he didn’t, there’s facts that prove he did.

Old 07-21-2022, 09:17 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,639,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I read a lot of speculation and allegations but I don’t see anything that is a crime on the part of the previous administration. Is there any evidence of someone in the previous administration actively orchestrating the events on January 6? Any answers to the allegations of capital authorities opening the doors to the capital and waving in protestors? Any answers why the Speaker of the House denied National Guard and or additional law enforcement at the capital?
If you watch the hearings, your questions will be answered. They're available on YouTube 24/7.

Old 07-21-2022, 09:18 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,161,721 times
Wow so they have Bannom on tape saying trump would say the election was stolen if he was losing.

Old 07-21-2022, 09:19 PM

26,649 posts, read 28,516,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
You apparently did not watch people inside the Capitol watching and waiting for his word. As soon as he said to go home they knew and many started to leave.

His inaction is indefensible. He was the leader of an attempted coup. He was not the leader of the country. He violated his oath of office.
Sadder than not telling them to go home is that the only reason he finally caved and did what they told him to do was that it would have made him look even worse if he didn't try to call it off. Eric Trump said that if he didn't call it off they would take it to the mattress. He said that expression probably came from the Godfather and that it meant the Democrats would use it against him.

So he didn't call it off because he realized it was wrong. He didn't even call it off because everyone was telling him to. He only gave in because they told him he would look bad if he didn't call it off. All about himself.

Old 07-21-2022, 09:19 PM

17,505 posts, read 17,415,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Wow so they have Bannom on tape saying trump would say the election was stolen if he was losing.
And is that a crime?

Old 07-21-2022, 09:20 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,629,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Donald Trump attempted to make the USA join a long list of banana republics where elections are dishonored, the peaceful transfer of power is disregarded and a coup to retain power is attempted. Fortunately the attempt failed, but the fact the attempt was made at all indicates we have our foot in the door of banana republic status.
You failed to answer the question.

7,826 posts, read 2,703,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I don’t watch theatrics. I wait until the next day to read over skipping the grandstanding speeches of members of Congress of both parties. As long as the cameras are on they will perform. I have better use of my time than to watch their theatrics. I just watched the local news highlights which was brief and what I saw so far is still allegations of support for the protest but nothing yet showing members of the previous administration actively orchestrating the events of January 6.
The power of these hearings are the sworn testimony and depositions of Trump Administration officials and prominent GOP Election officials...ALL REPUBLICANS...if you have not viewed these than you can access them on the internet. They run counter to your narrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
If you watch the hearings, your questions will be answered. They're available on YouTube 24/7.
I answered why I don’t watch. I want facts, not theatrical speeches by members of the congress.

41,018 posts, read 18,074,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
What he was or wasn't going to do is irrelevant, Bingo. Had you watched tonight, you would have seen what he actually did and did not do.

What a shame you chose not to know. Your posts might carry some weight, then.
I know exactly what he said, and so do you. You’re simply trying to deny and deflect from it, but again, please post proof that he didn’t tell folks to protest peacefully and patriotically and didn’t tell folks to go home?

I know perfectly, and the facts I provided hold great weight. You just don’t like them.

Old 07-21-2022, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
The power of these hearings are the sworn testimony and depositions of Trump Administration officials and prominent GOP Election officials...ALL REPUBLICANS...if you have not viewed these than you can access them on the internet. They run counter to your narrative.
What I’ve read so far is not evidence of a crime on the part of the previous administration. I’ve seen testimony evidence of bad decisions but nothing yet showing an orchestrating of the January 6 capital invasion. Is there evidence the Trump administration organized the protest and ordered their invading the capital?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies