Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 05:28 PM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times

Advertisements

If the Dems are successful in keeping Trump off the Presidential ballot, he'll likely wind up Speaker of the House.

He could do a lot more damage to Libs agenda there anyways.

Old 07-22-2022, 05:29 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I don’t mean he literally knows everyone personally. But I think you know that and are being deliberately obtuse.
Well, it was a stupid thing to say in that context. He does know his supporters and he knows they aren't violent. That is why he'd told them in a previous rally to "hit back", to protect themselves when antifa was pounding on them....and they didn't hit back. And because his followers wouldn't hit back, that gave rise to the proud boys. The proud boys had never been known to attack cops or the average innocent citizen, like antifa blm is known for doing, they just fought against antifa.

Quote:
Maybe this is why some Trumpies are having a hard time figuring out his dog whistles and *wink wink* peaceful protest fake nonsense that the rest of us can see through.

Nuance is not one of their strong points.

Or, it’s just wilful ignorance. “But but but … he told them to march peacefully and go home we love you”.

We all know what he meant. The rioters know what he meant. Some of them are going to do jail time for him.

Hmmm, not even wilful ignorance perhaps.

Just straight out lying and bending the truth.

Just like Trump.
Yeah, maybe if we were brainwashed like many of the anti-Trumpers then we'd see your slanted version.

I know the anti-Trumpers are not big on personal responsibility, but those who will be going to prison will be going because of their own decisions and actions...they made their own choices to do what they did.

Old 07-22-2022, 05:29 PM

13,452 posts, read 4,289,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Holder was convicted with 17 Democrats voting with the republicans, and was never charged because Obama personally exerted Executive Privilege over the documents that were subpoenaed. DOJ declined to indict.

Bannon thought he would be slick and try the same tactic, apparently not realizing that his Orange Savior was no longer in the White House and couldn't help him.

Education comes in many forms. Some lessons are a lot more expensive than others. Now we wait and see if Navarro learned anything today.

So basically Obama saved Holder of prison time. Obama and Holder ran the DOJ. If that isn't a conflict of interest and abuse of power then I don't know what is.

So the lesson here is if your party is in the W.H. and controls the DOJ you can get away with crimes because the DOJ isn't prosecuting. Bannon who is a private citizen is going to jail for doing less than Holder. Justice.

Old 07-22-2022, 05:30 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
"Jeopardy"
You mean like when our republic was in jeopardy from the phoney made up Russian collision 2016 story, to overthrow a elected POTUS.:confused
Or
The game show Jeopardy daily double.
Or
Republic in Jeopardy, from more future COVID lockdowns at home.
Or
Final Jeopardy. Get a chance to win thousands, only to loose it all, at the gas pump.
Overthrow? What a laugh. Even if Trump was removed from office we would have ended up with President Pence. Hardly a loss for republicans. Your guy was trying to cling to power even after losing the election and he abused the power of his office to do so.
You have no moral leg to stand on.

Old 07-22-2022, 05:32 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,784,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
How so?

There are posters here who are being more than a little disingenuous, but you don't really seem to care. hmm, I wonder why that is? /s

When/where, did I say that he'd told them to go home during those particular tweets? Where does the link I'd provided say that?

During the rally, he told people to be peaceful.

At 2:38 pm he tweeted and told the crowd to support the cops and to be peaceful.

At 6:01pm, he had tweeted and again told them to go home peacefully.

Both of these tweets were in the link I'd provided, which were taken from a WaPo article.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeli...anuary_5,_2021
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...able-main-0106

But I suppose since your committee seems to be hiding this and not telling you about these things, then it means you believe WaPo is lying and had created those tweets.
Ashley Babbit was shot at 2:44 by your own timeline he did not ask his supporters to disperse for another 3 hours and 16 minutes.
How is that appropriate?

Old 07-22-2022, 05:32 PM

13,452 posts, read 4,289,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
If the Dems are successful in keeping Trump off the Presidential ballot, he'll likely wind up Speaker of the House.

He could do a lot more damage to Libs agenda there anyways.
Like Biden administration, they have failed. Polls today has Trump beating Biden, Kamala, Sanders and every Democrat on the bench. Las Vegas money odds for 2024 still has Trump as the favorite and Biden and Kamala behind. The only odds that dropped were Biden and Kamala.

After 10 million dollars plus and all the prime time spot, it's a bust. Let Adam Schiff loose and start leaking everyday.

Old 07-22-2022, 05:34 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He was stuttering through his speech on Jan 7, had it changed several times and he just did not to say he lost the election. He should have manned up like Hillary and conceded back in November, it would have saved the nation a lot of trouble.
I think he's yet to concede.

Old 07-22-2022, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
So basically Obama saved Holder of prison time. Obama and Holder ran the DOJ. If that isn't a conflict of interest and abuse of power then I don't know what is.

So the lesson here is if your party is in the W.H. and controls the DOJ you can get away with crimes because the DOJ isn't prosecuting. Bannon who is a private citizen is going to jail for doing less than Holder. Justice.
Yep. Obama and his cronies seemed to get away with a lot.

Old 07-22-2022, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Ashley Babbit was shot at 2:44 by your own timeline he did not ask his supporters to disperse for another 3 hours and 16 minutes.
How is that appropriate?
wut? Is your reading comprehension broken?

Those two tweets that I'd mentioned were in addition to what was posted in the quote I had commented on.

Old 07-22-2022, 05:42 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
He was stuttering through his speech on Jan 7, had it changed several times and he just did not to say he lost the election. He should have manned up like Hillary and conceded back in November, it would have saved the nation a lot of trouble.
Hillary conceded with her fingers crossed behind her back.
Then she orchestrated the Russian collusion scam, with high up officials.
Will you be watching the IGOR DANCHENKO trial in October??? Over 30 testimonies will be laid out.
WILL YOU BE WATCHING???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies